Anyone tried new CCI polymer coated .22LR?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Has anyone tried this polymer coated 22lr from CCI? It is selling for 0.06 a round at Target Sports, but that's 1/3 higher than other plinking ammo. Still, if its a lot cleaner that would be
a bonus for people that don't have time to clean their .22's (particularly me with a Ruger MK II)

CCI Ammunition - Product Detail

It says

FEATURES & BENEFITS

• Polymer bullet coating greatly reduces lead fouling in the barrel without leaving residue
  • Cuts lead buildup in suppressors 60 to 80 percent
  • 40-grain lead round nose bullets—red for High Velocity, blue for Sub-Sonic
  • Optimized bullet geometry for improved accuracy
  • Reliable function in semi-automatic firearms
  • Great option both casual and competitive shooters

I've shot a small amount (like 200 rounds) of the pink coated ammo and the holiday green and red ammo without any problems in my SR22. I wasn't shooting groups on paper, just plinking within 15 yards or so. Seemed slightly cleaner compared to CCI SV that has that wax coating.

I've shot a small amount (like 200 rounds) of the pink coated ammo and the holiday green and red ammo without any problems in my SR22. I wasn't shooting groups on paper, just plinking within 15 yards or so. Seemed slightly cleaner compared to CCI SV that has that wax coating.
The wax is bullet lube and there is usually a issue with the bore or bullet size if you have leading in your barrel.

If you over lube 22s they get dirtier faster. You only need enough "gun oil" to keep rust at bay.

I've shot about 100 rounds of the CCI red-white-and blue coated .22 LR -purchased from a TSUSA promotion- from a Henry lever action and they seemed consistent, and everything seemed 'cleaner' than normal as andrew1220 pointed out. Can't speak about accuracy.... But we were shooting gal jugs at the 130yd berm..... and sometimes hitting.. Iron sights.

I picked up 500 rounds of this stuff. Not as accurate as CCI SV at 300 yards, but my hands were much cleaner while loading mags for the M&P 15/22.
Since I was using both SV and the clean, it is hard to tell how much cleaner my silencer was

I picked up 500 rounds of this stuff. Not as accurate as CCI SV at 300 yards, but my hands were much cleaner while loading mags for the M&P 15/22.
Since I was using both SV and the clean, it is hard to tell how much cleaner my silencer was
300 yards ?!? Where do you go to shoot that kind of distance, and what's the bullet drop? seems like it would coming down almost vertical!

Back
Top Bottom