anyone use these scopes??

ok guys I have decided to go with a scope on my AR. I need help though between the two that I have in mind. both of the scopes have multiple reviews on them. What I was wondering was has anyone used these two scopes that I am looking at and can tell me what they think of them before I go out and buy one. I got to play with them both today and I liked them both but before I actually spend the money I want some input on them. here are the links http://www.basspro.com/Pursuit-X1-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes/product/13033005513121/#desc-tab and here is the other one. http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/Nikon-Products/Riflescopes/8496/P-223-3x32-Matte-BDC-Carbine.html

I have a P223 3x9 on a carbine, nice scope. Bright glass, easy to sight in. Only had it to the 100 yard range so far, good choice for a fixed power scope.

P223 on a 16" here. Fixed magnification. Great scope. Very pleased with it. One thing to note is that the M223 scope mount does not work with it.... I found out the hard way.

I have several of the P223 along with several other Nikon scopes, love em. The P223 is calibrated for our AR's, so for me it's a no-brainer. The quality and clarity is second to none in this price range. Like someone posted, make sure you get a 2 piece scope ring set, preferably what is recommended with offset rings, but straight up works fine.

Attachments

• 7DH.jpg
    7DH.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 96
I put a Bushnell 4x12x40 .223 BDC on mine. $100 on ebay and it works really well. I got a Burris PERP mount for free in a trade and it was the way to go.

P223 on a 16" here. Fixed magnification. Great scope. Very pleased with it. One thing to note is that the M223 scope mount does not work with it.... I found out the hard way.

So do you need to use the p223 mount or are there other mounts that would fit it?

So do you need to use the p223 mount or are there other mounts that would fit it?

Use the Nikon P series mounts they are much nicer than the standard straight rings for this scope. But as was said before either will work..

You need to use either the P223 2-piece mount or most any other 2 piece mount depending on desired mounting height you need. The M223 one piece mount is too wide to hold the P223 scope.

Figure I would drop in on my thread and let everyone know that I did purchase the Nikon scope. Best damn scope I own by far. Thank you for all the help and I will be putting a pic up as soon as I get off duty

You need to use either the P223 2-piece mount or most any other 2 piece mount depending on desired mounting height you need. The M223 one piece mount is too wide to hold the P223 scope.

Depends on the model of the P223 I assume. I assume it won't work on the fixed 3 power due to scope length. Not sure it works on the 3-9x40. I have 4-12x40 P223 in an M223 mount on a recent long (24") build. The combo fit just right. I have only had it sighted in at 25 yards indoors so far and haven't tested it at 100/200 but so far the glass looks nice for the price point.

just bought a nikon for my remington 700. in the mail now. amazon had the best prices on nikon scopes.

Depends on the model of the P223 I assume. I assume it won't work on the fixed 3 power due to scope length. Not sure it works on the 3-9x40. I have 4-12x40 P223 in an M223 mount on a recent long (24") build. The combo fit just right. I have only had it sighted in at 25 yards indoors so far and haven't tested it at 100/200 but so far the glass looks nice for the price point.

We were referring to the P-223 3x32 Matte BDC Carbine

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41V03dRie3L.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on the M223? Worth the additional money?

M series Nikon Scope is better than P series. The extra cost is not significant and I would use M if you need a better quality lenses. I have both M223 and M308. I love my nikon scope.

Really debating the Nikon P223 3x32.
Not sure if I should go with that or the Primary Arms Fixed 2.5x Compact Scope or fixed 6X scope.

Decisions, decisions.

This is for my gf's rifle, and she won't give me any input.....bitch.

Back
Top Bottom