APEX Kits, what I have found...

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member

OK I have just got done doing my M&P Shield with a APEX Kit and my M&P 45 with a APEX Kit, here's what I have:

I checked my trigger pull on my Shield and it was at 11.5 Lbs (Ma gun).

After I installed everything but the trigger spring I rechecked it, I was down to 7.5 Lb's...

I had heard of the pull being different if you didn't install the trigger spring, I thought it was the other way around than what it turned out to be...

I took it apart again and added the APEX trigger spring, I than put everything back together and rechecked the trigger poundage.

I am down to 6.5 Lbs now...

So the APEX will give a Mass gun a 6.5 Lb trigger and it feels real good... It's not gritty, it pulls reel smooth, in short I like it...

I would think that once I get out and shoot it some the trigger poundage will come down some more...

I'll get out to shoot it soon and let you all know how it works...

OK just got done doing my (Ma) M&P 45...

Stock Trigger... 10 Lbs

APEX Kit with stock M&P trigger spring... 6.5 Lbs

APEX Kit with APEX trigger spring... 5.25 Lbs

Very nice feel to that one also...

Just thought that you folks that were thinking of doing a APEX Kit would like to know what you get, or at least what I got so you can decide to do a APEX Kit or a Gun Smith Trigger Job...

I'm not trying to take any work away from a gun smith, I love the work that Greg Derr has done for me... I just hated the all day drive to him and than home, so I wanted to try and do a few APEX trigger jobs myself... It wasn't that hard to do either...

Good Luck on yours...

Try the AEK trigger on your 45. I like it a lot.

Ya I love it so far, I haven't gotten out to shoot it yet though...

I may go out back a shoot a few tomorow to try it out...

I replaced the sights also so I want to get to my club (indoor range) so I can adjust them the rest of the way...

Ya I love it so far, I haven't gotten out to shoot it yet though...

I may go out back a shoot a few tomorow to try it out...

I replaced the sights also so I want to get to my club (indoor range) so I can adjust them the rest of the way...

I have to admit, after installing the AEK trigger on my mid-size 45, I didn't feel up to shooting the damn thing either! Maybe soon...

I have to admit, after installing the AEK trigger on my mid-size 45, I didn't feel up to shooting the damn thing either! Maybe soon...

[rofl] I hear ya there some times... With me it's just to dark right now, I just got done with the 45 a little while ago, like I said I'll go out into the backyard tomorrow and try a few rounds till I can get to the gun club...

Back
Top Bottom