app non resident

E

emil02

I just applied for my new hampshire and my pennsylvania non resident what are my chances of gettin them?

NH - 100% within 7-10 days.

PA - 100%, don't know timeline.

Both of the above assume you have a clean record and a MA LTC.

Does PA accept non-resident licenses from other states?

And I know NH gave me my CCW, but will other states issue NR LTCs to those with restricted Class A licenses?

thanks for the replies i just got both my PA and my NH it came in within three weeks i was wondering now that I have my MASS A ALP and my PA and NH ccw will it be easier to get my CONN CCW?

If you got your Massachusetts ALP, your record is probably spotless so yes it will be very easy to get.

If you don't mind me asking, why all the licenses? Wouldn't a denial from another state be a possible problem renewing your Ma. LTC? I guess If you need permits in all these state, do what you have to do. But if not, why add a potential snag in your future Ma. LTC renewal?

squeeze: if you have an ALP Class A, you will not get turned down from ME, NH, FL, or CT. There's no risk and you will be able to legally carry in those states and many others.

NH gave me a non res permit even with my restricted Class A. I think they look at it as the state as a whole... since a Class A statuatorily allows one to CCW and the restriction is an administrative one by the local PD, NH doesn't care, I guess.

Basically, if you meet the requirements for issuance of a non res permit in a shall-issue state, any Class A should theoretically suffice. That said, IANAL.

NH gave me a non res permit even with my restricted Class A.
Does anybody else have similar experience? I want to apply for a non-resident LTC in NH and ME, but am afraid to do so with restricted Class A LTC not to get turned down and have a denial on my record.

I just like to have them for future just in case I travel to those states and ct is right down the road so im driving through there alot.

Skip PA - FL covers PA and is good many places that the PA one is not.

If one is just doing PA, though I believe the PA license is cheaper and takes
less time to get. Being that PA is mostly surrounded by commie states
it's not as if the FL permit buys you much, if one is going from MA to PA
on a regular basis. (CT and NY are both commie non reciprocity states
like MA is).

-Mike

If you don't mind me asking, why all the licenses? Wouldn't a denial from another state be a possible problem renewing your Ma. LTC? I guess If you need permits in all these state, do what you have to do. But if not, why add a potential snag in your future Ma. LTC renewal?

If you're clean you won't get a denial from most states that issue
nonresident licenses. A place like RI or MD, yeah, getting denied is
a near certainty, but anywhere else that issues nonresident licenses
is generally okay.

-Mike

Does anybody else have similar experience? I want to apply for a non-resident LTC in NH and ME, but am afraid to do so with restricted Class A LTC not to get turned down and have a denial on my record.

Having a restricted license in a given state is not statutory grounds
for denial in any of the shall issue states we're talking about here. I know
at a minimum you're good to go for any of the non commie states.

-Mike

There was a temporary problem in NH when somebody decided that a restricted LTC didn't qualify one for a NH non-res carry permit. Sam Cohen and a few others managed to get quick official action to guarantee that an anti-gun Mass chief couldn't prohibit people from carrying in NH simply by restricting a license.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom