Apparently the rut is on.

I was in the yard splitting and stacking firewood and the wife was raking leaves for most of the mourning, We stopped around 1:00 for lunch and while in the kitchen eating my wife saw a buck in the back yard. IMG_1500.jpg He was like a statue looking off to the right, I got my camera and took a few pictures and thought this was great but then I saw movement in the brush to the right and spotted another buck, a little bigger and looking back IMG_1504.jpg . After awhile he came out into the yard and posed for a few pictures IMG_1516.jpg IMG_1520.jpg sorry about the close line in the picture. After about 20 minutes of watching 2 buck about 25 feet away my wife saw the object of their affection IMG_1522.jpg another one of the first buck IMG_1524.jpg The all hung around for another 20 minutes or so and then headed back into the reservation behind my house and no I couldn't have, road was to close as were the houses and neighbors.

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 97
Aww Shoot, I'm going to have to be all eyes on my morning commute. Last year during the rut a damn stupid male all hopped up on hormones ran right into the side of my Jeep. Knocked himself silly and put a big dent in my rear quarter panel. You should have seen the face of the adjuster when I told him what happened. He looked at me all "Yea, Right".

You couldn't take one with your bow?

ETA: They look healthy and well fed. That's a good sign, specially after last Winter.

Last edited:
Aww Shoot, I'm going to have to be all eyes on my morning commute. Last year during the rut a damn stupid male all hopped up on hormones ran right into the side of my Jeep. Knocked himself silly and put a big dent in my rear quarter panel.
Evening commute also.

Was driving in Bedford, NH just after Sunset, had two close calls with deer. The second time, doe crossed in front of me, followed closely by a buck who ran into the road, just missing my car, took out the guy behind me. That's what he (the driver, not the deer) gets for tailgating.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it would be about that sexting scandal in Colorado.

My bad.

Back
Top Bottom