Appleseed: Harvard April 21-22, 2018

Unfortunately, I was a little behind getting this scheduled so we only have the 65 yard range at HSC - that means we can fit about 20-25 people. I'm looking for options, and we might be able to get Leominster - I'll let you guys know soon.

Unfortunately, I was a little behind getting this scheduled so we only have the 65 yard range at HSC - that means we can fit about 20-25 people. I'm looking for options, and we might be able to get Leominster - I'll let you guys know soon.

It may be worth checking with the MWT IDPA guys and seeing how many bays they plan on using. Their match is listed as a classifier. The steel challenge match is listed as tentative. Dave hasn't listed it on this seasons match announcement.

Is this something we could do on Hopkinton's rifle range?
Yes. I've run them at Hopkinton in the pistol pits.

I was actually supposed to go to the board and ask to get two on the schedule - a spring 1-day and a fall 2-day - but I dropped the ball last month. I'll be showing up at either the members' meeting or the board meeting (or both) next month to do so.

I was actually supposed to go to the board and ask to get two on the schedule - a spring 1-day and a fall 2-day - but I dropped the ball last month. I'll be showing up at either the members' meeting or the board meeting (or both) next month to do so.

I was thinking rifle range not pistol pits. I hate when the pistol pits are used for stuff like this on a weekend, its why I belong to other ranges now.

As Mike mentioned, check with the IDPA folks for the bowl bay next to the 65 yrd range.
I run the SC at HSC and I'm going to pull the tentative date in April since I have a travel match 4 days after that and I don't feel like trudging through mud just yet ;) so you'll have access to more bays Sunday, I can't speak for IDPA about Sat.

Hey Mike. I sent Matt a PM. In the past they have set the Eventbrite low and it sells out faster then anticipated. Then they add more spots. I would’t worry.

You going to this one?

Im going to try to get to Mansfield if I can get the weekend off.
There was only 2 of us there for instructors last year on the big weekend.

I was thinking rifle range not pistol pits. I hate when the pistol pits are used for stuff like this on a weekend, its why I belong to other ranges now.
Sorry to hear that - I've been a member at Hopkinton for about 10 years now, and I wouldn't want to show up and be denied, so I've purposely scheduled only one of the three 25yd pistol pits, and the rifle range only for a small portion of day two, specifically to avoid displacing as many other shooters as possible.

I'm also not planning on asking to schedule more than 3 days (probably a 1-day and a 2-day) per year. Again, I'm trying to meet the desire I'm hearing from members and locals while impacting other members as little as possible.

Great day in Mansfield. Congrats Cap’n Mike on your red hat!! We had one shooter get distinguished. (240+). I was happy to get a patch with my bolt action Savage. Will try for the 240+ tomorrow with the semi.

Back
Top Bottom