AR-15 Kaboom............holy crap

according to arfcom, there was pistol powder mixed with rifle powder in that cartridge, as well as a few others in that lot of ammo.

Exactly. He hung about a grand worth of stuff on an $89 plastic lower. Why?

As opposed to hanging a grand worth of stuff on a $99 aluminum lower?

ETA: As an aside, if anyone has a Cav Arms Mk2 lower they'd like to sell, I'd be more than happy to own one [smile]

ETA2: As an aside to my aside, I just bought one. [smile][smile]

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a Cav Arms.

The Arfcom thread, if you've got the time to read it, indidcates that these were factory reloads - and that the factory (which will remain unnamed per the settlement) has quarantined all of them and destroyed the batch.

Way to ruin it for all the "Reloading Safety Experts" we have here, now what are they going to comment about?!

Way to ruin it for all the "Reloading Safety Experts" we have here, now what are they going to comment about?!

What's the point in giving people shit for making a valid point? They were still reloads and they still caused destruction due to being charged with the wrong powder. What difference does it make if it was done by a factory or in a garage? You still need to be careful about who you buy factory reloads from. Not all reloads are created equal.

124447d1277399216-where-is-that-keyboard-commando-pic-keyboardcommando.jpg

Lucky to have all his fingers I guess. I hope I never have to get a "settlement" from a factory error.

Back
Top Bottom