• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar 15 scope for under $150

wasralex22

NES Member
I know, "Spend more on the scope" But, I have a budget here.

I just want something I can shoot targets with, and or at least my goal of 400-500yrds.

Anything, anyone can suggest?

Why not just wait a little longer and save more ? That said I see a lot of the nikons on ARs at my club Nikon P-223 . Only experience was out to 200 yards...
I have a 80s vintage VXIII on my AR varmint model?

Bushnell's AR optics line is pretty solid and mostly in your price range. I've got their 1-4x and it's very good. The 1x isn't quite true 1x, more like 1.1-1.2x, but otherwise it's an excellent scope for the price.

x2 on Redfield but I don't think you can get one for $150 that will be good for 400 yards.

Then again I can't see crap so don't listen to me.

Check around for a Visionking 4-16x44. I have one -- I just swapped it out for a Vortex 6.5-20x44, but it is a damn good little scope for the money. Optics are really clear, turrets move independently, illuminated reticle, etc.. The clicks aren't exactly 1/8MOA like they claim though -- that's probably the only downside. Should be right around $150 shipped on ebay or aliexpress.

x2 on Redfield but I don't think you can get one for $150 that will be good for 400 yards.

Then again I can't see crap so don't listen to me.

The Revenge 3-9x42 can be found for $160, which is just over budget, but very nice.

There's a 4-12 bushnell scope in the classifieds for $90.

Last edited:
Last edited:
http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Nikon-Products/Scopes/8497/P-223-3-9x40-BDC-600.html

I'm liking this one what height scope rings or mount sound I get , I have a round fluted hand guard with no rails.

I assume you have a flat top reciever ? Why not keep things simple ands stick with brand... http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-834-M-2...=1404394392&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+p-223+mount this looks like it will keep the scope pretty low for a solid cheak weld and also gives it the bump forward for eye relief with out needing to get up onto a railed handguard. ?

I assume you have a flat top reciever ? Why not keep things simple ands stick with brand... http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-834-M-2...=1404394392&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+p-223+mount this looks like it will keep the scope pretty low for a solid cheak weld and also gives it the bump forward for eye relief with out needing to get up onto a railed handguard. ?

FYI-they offer a couple different ring options. The one-piece like this one posted, and a two piece set, which is cheaper.

no feed back from OP yet ...... well to the OP outbackarms just stocked up on less expensive optics SunOptics if meeting a budget is key. I have no input on sun optics other than the customer service for my high preasure pump for my pellet gun has been great.
Out back arms also has several NOS scopes on the bottom shelve. most have been there over a year...make a offer on some?

Back
Top Bottom