• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Armorer's Wrench to Torque Castle Nut?

I need the tools to properly torque the castle nut on the buffer tube and eventually the barrel nut. It looks like most armorer's wrenches only have the square hole for the torque wrench on the barrel nut end of the wrench. Does anyone know of an Armorer's wrench that will allow me to use a torque wrench on the castle nut end? I've seen a few nicer tools like the Spike's and Hammerhead but I'm hoping I can find the all-in-one style for $30 - $40. I already own torque wrenches. Thanks.

It's not in the price range you specified $58, but I did some research on the same thing, the idea is to buy the right tool once and have it last. I picked up the Real Avid AR-15 Armorer's Master Wrench. Worth every penny, solid well made and quality tool.

It's the first tool in this video, I ended up buying the Real Avid Lug-Lok AR-15 Upper Receiver Vise Block as well, again great quality.

I strongly believe in buying quality tools that do the job right and last, but thats just me.

Disclaimer: I buy tool like this just for show on my tool bench, I would never use them to build such evil things as scary assault rifles.

Harry

It's not in the price range you specified $58, but I did some research on the same thing, the idea is to buy the right tool once and have it last. I picked up the Real Avid AR-15 Armorer's Master Wrench. Worth every penny, solid well made and quality tool.

It's the first tool in this video, I ended up buying the Real Avid Lug-Lok AR-15 Upper Receiver Vise Block as well, again great quality.

I strongly believe in buying quality tools that do the job right and last, but thats just me.

Disclaimer: I buy tool like this just for show on my tool bench, I would never use them to build such evil things as scary assault rifles.

Harry

great small pieces to loose and whats up with the serrated rib on the back side of the hammer. Cool looking tools though

great small pieces to loose and whats up with the serrated rib on the back side of the hammer. Cool looking tools though

Nothing to lose, the hammer heads screw in to the frame for storage, although I don’t think I will ever use the hammer portion.

The serrated rib top I assume is just style or some survival tool gismo. What I like is the build quality, it feels like a wrench in the hand not just some flat metal and the torque wrench socket placement is perfect for 90 degrees application.

It’s heavy for what it is, if you run out of ammo it could double up as assault hammer.

Although the Weponwerx look nice, it’s cheaper and does AR10, didn’t come up in any searches when I was looking around.

Nothing to lose, the hammer heads screw in to the frame for storage, although I don’t think I will ever use the hammer portion.

The serrated rib top I assume is just style or some survival tool gismo. What I like is the build quality, it feels like a wrench in the hand not just some flat metal and the torque wrench socket placement is perfect for 90 degrees application.

It’s heavy for what it is, if you run out of ammo it could double up as assault hammer.

Although the Weponwerx look nice, it’s cheaper and does AR10, didn’t come up in any searches when I was looking around.
do the tips screw in or retained but a detent ball?
if they screwed in i would have more confidence in the set up.
i do agree on the "handle" portion.

do the tips screw in or retained but a detent ball?
if they screwed in i would have more confidence in the set up.
i do agree on the "handle" portion.

The tips screw in by a good amount. There is a thread on the tip (hammer part) and threaded on the handle. The have a good length of thread, around 3/8th's of an inch.

The torque socket on this is reinforced and get a great bite rather than just a flat piece of metal.

Very pleased with it.

I just ordered the Weaponwerx combo wrench. It's exactly what I had in mind. It was $45 with free shipping and PayPal is the only form of payment he accepts. Thanks for all the replies.

I just ordered the Weaponwerx combo wrench. It's exactly what I had in mind. It was $45 with free shipping and PayPal is the only form of payment he accepts. Thanks for all the replies.
I've had mine for over five years now (IIRC) and it's epic. Got it before he had that site up... I ordered one with a friend (also on NES) and the cost of each (even with shipping) came out to under $40. :)

Back
Top Bottom