• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ar legal question

aj1

Have a friend who's uncle wants to gift him an AR that has been in state since 2004. Can he legally accept it and register it through the mass firearm portal without worrying about further legal consequences?

I don’t know what bothers me more, this type of question being asked again or the op taking the word of people he likely doesn’t know for something that is potentially illegal.

Dave

"I saw it on the internet - it must be true".

OP - Dave's right. Due diligence isn't asking strangers in a gun forum for their opinion. We've got a very diverse group here, and some members are very versed in the laws, and some just think that they are. It's YOUR ass if you're violating the law and get caught. We (members of this group), have absolutely no skin in the game.

So - read the rest of the responses that are most certainly forthcoming, then go read the hopefully referenced pertinent statutes and make an informed decision.

As for me - I'm not giving you an opinion - I know GA and CT gun laws reasonably well - but the only MA gun laws I know anything at all about are transporting firearms into MA as a non-resident.

Damn, we forgot to mention that his "friend" needs to have an LTC!

This is a big one- lost a free state AR this way.
Pile of guns went from a friend to a FFL, the post ban pre-healey AR included. FFL could not transfer that firearm anywhere but out of state.

Back
Top Bottom