• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR Stripped Lowers; where to buy?

Delkancott

NES Member
Hey all,

Attempting to build my first AR15 and am curious if anyone has shop recommendations in SE Mass that typically have better selection than others?

Also, I would prefer to buy locally than online for the time being.

Thanks

Good prices at Kulas? I'm looking also. The last place I looked had Andersons for $120 without tax and possible fee. I almost puked. Been trying to make the trip to Minuteman, but it's almost a three hour round trip

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Prices at Kulas are good. Not sure exactly, but should be decently below the 120.
Payed $35 each online last month. $9 shipping. Had consecutive serial no's too. Total for two was $79 plus $20 transfer fee. Total $99.

Thanks for the input, I will call around some. How are Spikes compared to Anderson or Aero? Those seem to be 3 more common ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good prices at Kulas? I'm looking also. The last place I looked had Andersons for $120 without tax and possible fee. I almost puked. Been trying to make the trip to Minuteman, but it's almost a three hour round trip

I don't know how any gun shop can ask 120$ for a Anderson lower when they have been 60$ or less for over a year now.
I picked up 5 myself on line and shipped to a reasonable FFL dealer... total cost was 52$ each shipped and transferred.
I have had zero issues with Anderson, spikes, areo, SW, Stag, RRA and other than a very few minor differences like finish color ( dark or a more grey like ) all good. At the moment I can't see paying much more than 60$ for any mil spec lower. Unless the manufacture actually hand checks and xrays every one for design flaws and provides a image.

Last edited:
Most places have Anderson and/or Aero. For those who care about the roll mark, anyone know which LGS have a selection of "better" brand name non-billet ones available?

Minuteman Armory in Templeton has Spikes, Aero, Matrix, Warthog, (maybe a Jack), Battle Arms Short Throw. There might be a couple more...

I work mostly down in the shop, so can't remember all the prices, etc. Give a call today, we open at noon, and 9-3 Saturday.

I work mostly down in the shop, so can't remember all the prices, etc. Give a call today, we open at noon, and 9-3 Saturday.

Thanks. I'm going to get a .556 barrel pinned with you guys as soon as my parts come in.

Northeast Arms in Peabody had lowers regularly and Minuteman Armament in Littleton has a bunch

A big thanks to AJs Firearms in Acushnet. Great customer service! and had exactly what I was looking for.

A spikes Jolly Roger lower and two weeks later a spikes crusader. He even opened early for me because I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to read.

A spikes Jolly Roger lower and two weeks later a spikes crusader. He even opened early for me because I'm a dumbass who doesn't know how to read.

Curious on price for the jolly Roger. I forgot all about AJs .....it's on my list of shops I have not been to yet on my GPS . I just have not been down that way....I generally don't go down that way...

A spikes Jolly Roger lower and two weeks later a spikes crusader.

Was there a price difference between the two lowers? The Crusader seems to have a premium from what I've seen. Always amusing to see Spikes release a new logo and suddenly the Honey Badger or Punisher is priced higher than the Spider. This business plan appears to be paying off.

Full disclosure: I agree that the Punisher lower is worth more than the Spider.

For the SE Mass guys, Troy City Tactical in Fall River got in a case of forged lowers around noon today, they were $69.99 each

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom