AR10 Upper Vice Block- Need to borrow one

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Putting together an AR10 upper and need a vice block for installing the barrel.
Midway usa screwed up twice on getting me one. I'm done waiting . I was looking to see if anyone has one in the area I could use for getting this done.
I will come to you and bring it back ( probably same day) . Will give you cash deposit on it and if anything happens I will replace it .
I don't think I will be doing this again. One ar10 is expensive enough for now so now thinking i will wait to spend the money.
Let me know if you can help.
Thanks.

Burlington area - willing to travel for it

You want one of these or one of the other brands that make similar ones. Holding the upper receiver is ok for tightening the barrel nut but not for applying torque for a muzzle device. Having the aluminum hold when you are tightening steel on steel is a way to have the aluminum bend or break.

reactionrod-ar10.jpg

You want one of these or one of the other brands that make similar ones. Holding the upper receiver is ok for tightening the barrel nut but not for applying torque for a muzzle device. Having the aluminum hold when you are tightening steel on steel is a way to have the aluminum bend or break.

View attachment 368494
I really want one of these. But I’ve done 2 AR10 uppers now with my AR15 block now. It’s the style that fills the upper from the inside, and locks it on with 2 pushpins. To do the AR10’s I used one pin and a large screw type hose clamp. It did feel mildly red necky, but worked very well.

Back
Top Bottom