Archery help please!

Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction here...
I bought a used bow online. Its a Matthews Solo Cam, I'm not sure what model it is exactly. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get it restrung, or if I can do it myself. I am an extreme archery beginner and would like to shoot this thing, but I don't want the bowstring to snap on me. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Take it to Archery Plus in Spencer. He is a archery dealer and is a great with bows. Tepee is also a great shop, but they are not Matthews dealer. Personally I'd make the trip to Arhcery Plus. I wouldn't take it to Reedy's myself as last time I was there I wasn't impressed by there abily to work on bows, but they do have the widest selection of bows.

Reedy's is a Mathews dealer and has everything in stock for it. Avoid trying to replace anything until you understand what is going on. People have literally been beheaded trying to save a buck.
Unlike guns, it's not wise to dry fire it.

Reedy's in Middleboro
I think they are either 1st or 2nd in the country as far as Mathews bows go.
If you bring your bow with you, they can go through the whole thing and make sure it is set up correctly. Bring arrows.

Reedys would be great to get you set up, but you say you need new strings? Go to Teepee in Acton and have Brian build you strings. He builds some of the best strings around.

Archery Plus is a good shop. Dont mess with the thing let a pro do it IMO.

Cost will not be that great. Grats Matthews makes a very nice bow.

Reedy's in Middleboro
I think they are either 1st or 2nd in the country as far as Mathews bows go.
If you bring your bow with you, they can go through the whole thing and make sure it is set up correctly. Bring arrows.

Another vote for Reedy's. Never had a bad experience there other than how busy it can be.

If you are in Western MASS (or even if you are not) see Ed Fisher at E&J Archery. 413-527-5252, in Westhampton, MA.

He can set the bow up for "YOU", he makes strings and does everything else also.

Only one place Reedys archery in Middleboro, Chris and the staff will treat you right and get you shoot bulleye's with in and hour, They stock cams so you can adjust the bow to fit you properly ( very important ) to shooting good. Take the time and trip to reedys you will not be sorry you did. They can get busy but they will makes sure you get the proper service and attention to get you set up right.

If you bought this bow with the string broken, be prepared to be disappointed. I've seen a guy dry fire his buddy't bow and it wasn't a pretty sight. It snapped that string like nothing was there and one of the arms was damaged as well. Hopefully that didn't happen to yours. I'm confident that any of the fellas that were mentioned here will examine the bow arms carefully before charging you for a restring. Good luck!

Rome

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went to Tepee and they were very helpful. They're making a new cable for me and helped me sight it in at 20 yards. A great visit overall!

Back
Top Bottom