• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are people F#&king nuts ?

I recently sold a large quantity of rifle ammunition (from a well-known older company) to an NES member. I advertised it at what I thought was a low price price but he cried poor-mouth and I reduced it a little in view of his circumstances. I was not looking to gouge anyone so I think he got a good bargain.

I see that said member is now advertising ammo from the same manufacturer (twice as many rounds) at a per-round price which is 150% of what I originally asked for mine.
What's that they say about no good deed?

Hey, maybe if he sells it he'll kick back the difference of your original asking price to you now that he's not so poor-mouth...

I’m so glad I stocked up well before things went FR. I wonder if I should post an ad on GB for 1000 rounds of M855 greens at stupid money just to see if I can get it.... but then I would have become what I despise. Oh the moral conundrum of stealing a noob’s or panicking buyer’s money. Tempting for sure.

I just paid $550 for 1000 rounds of M855 green tip. My butt clenched a bit as I was handing over the money, but as they say “You do what you have to do...”

Now if I could just find some 9mm range ammo.

I picked up a new (to me) 9mm pistol on Tuesday that had been on layaway all month. I noted that there was no 9mm ammo on the shelves. The shop owner then said: Oh, we hide it behind the counter, but you have the right to buy a box since you bought a gun. I asked how much? $39.99+tax for a 50 round box. Ugh. [thinking]

I picked up a new (to me) 9mm pistol on Tuesday that had been on layaway all month. I noted that there was no 9mm ammo on the shelves. The shop owner then said: Oh, we hide it behind the counter, but you have the right to buy a box since you bought a gun. I asked how much? $39.99+tax for a 50 round box. Ugh. [thinking]
Was it self defense rounds?

I recently sold a large quantity of rifle ammunition (from a well-known older company) to an NES member. I advertised it at what I thought was a low price price but he cried poor-mouth and I reduced it a little in view of his circumstances. I was not looking to gouge anyone so I think he got a good bargain.

I see that said member is now advertising ammo from the same manufacturer (twice as many rounds) at a per-round price which is 150% of what I originally asked for mine.

Buy low and sell high I guess. But I think that if this person were to respond to any future offers I make and ask for a lower price, I might be tempted to respond with a 25% increase in the price.

Did they look like this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azEOeTX1LqM

Nobody wants ammo just to shoot anymore, sadly. Well, some of us do... but these days there are more dolphins than shooters.

Buy low and sell high I guess. But I think that if this person were to respond to any future offers I make and ask for a lower price, I might be tempted to respond with a 25% increase in the price.
Capitalism blah, blah, blah. Still a scumbag move ! We truly are a disorganized bunch. Is there no more honor !!

There's nothing wrong with capitalism but its funny if the buyer cries poverty and then exploits the sellers goodwill to increase their own profits. But that is SOP for most flippers.

I think you should name names!

Buddy offered me 1K of 9mm for $xxx. Asked that I use it vs re sell it.

He gave me a discount vs what he sold the rest for. Of course I’m going to hold/shoot it.

My whole stash is for me. I shot (past tense) too much to play pricing/selling games. If things go to crap, I want ammo. And I don’t want to replace it at even today’s prices.

Thank you to my buddy!!

Please provide a cite for this.

Not "I know", "A police officer told me", "It stands to reason", or "I would like to see you volunteer to be a test case".

This claim is repeatedly made by no one has yet provided a cite to MGL or case law.
Sadly I think many of us have been conditioned to believe that the absence of a written law increases the ability and likelihood that a C.O.P, prosecutor, judge, and jury will invent new "laws", to get some poor stiff to plead to some BS, and become a PP for life. I am equally confident that most laws in the DPRMA carry enough jail time to make as many PP as possible.

Sadly I think many of us have been conditioned to believe that the absence of a written law increases the ability and likelihood that a C.O.P, prosecutor, judge, and jury will invent new "laws", to get some poor stiff to plead to some BS, and become a PP for life. I am equally confident that most laws in the DPRMA carry enough jail time to make as many PP as possible.
More commonly, take a CWOF, cough up some $$, and preserve the ADAs win/loss record (a CWOF counts as a win on the scoreboard)

I just paid $550 for 1000 rounds of M855 green tip. My butt clenched a bit as I was handing over the money, but as they say “You do what you have to do...”

Now if I could just find some 9mm range ammo.
J&S in Acushnet had tons of 9mm over the tax-free weekend. They open tomorrow at 1 - if you are lucky they have a case or two laying around.

I was checking out my stash last night and pondered how much all this steel-cased ammo is worth. Before, everyone is saying it's shit (I beg to differ). Now, I bet I could sell 9mm for $0.40. I spent less, have more, now people are asking for ANY ammo to shoot with. I still think the intrinsic value of my ammo is worth more than what I would sell for at this point. However, I did put in the work to be consistent and prep over time (not just ammo).

YES ! that always works in the movies. See, no need for ammo.

There is actually truth to this. In something like 70% of all defensive gun uses, simply presenting a firearm causes the aggressor to de-escalate. So while less than ideal, 70% is better than 0%.

Though in actuality, if you are new with a new gun, you CAN still buy high end defensive ammo simply because people aren't hoarding ammo that costs $1.50 per round.

Buffalo Bore has some of their excellent defensive ammo in 9mm available right now.

There's nothing wrong with capitalism but its funny if the buyer cries poverty and then exploits the sellers goodwill to increase their own profits. But that is SOP for most flippers.

Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:

110. Only a fool passes up a business opportunity
191. Let other keep their reputation. You keep their money
230. Manipulation may be a Ferengi's greatest tool, and liability

When to the range over the weekend and people are shooting only small amount of ammo. Like there trying to make it last. I don't shoot reload in any of my FA weapons, so I stocked up years ago when prices when down to .16 per round.

I got looks from all the people at the range has a rip thru mag after mag thru my MP5 32rds mags. All well [grin]

It's not flipping, it's arbitrage.

Not quite. In arbitrage there is an intent, stated or implied, that you are going to re-sell whatever you buy.

Asking for a lower price because you don't have much to spend on ammo but then turning around and selling for more IS a little different.

When to the range over the weekend and people are shooting only small amount of ammo. Like there trying to make it last. I don't shoot reload in any of my FA weapons, so I stocked up years ago when prices when down to .16 per round.

I got looks from all the people at the range has a rip thru mag after mag thru my MP5 32rds mags. All well [grin]
There is definitely WAY less people at PFG these days. Before, it was odd to not hear constant gunfire. Now, its rare to actually hear any.

Not quite. In arbitrage there is an intent, stated or implied, that you are going to re-sell whatever you buy.

Asking for a lower price because you don't have much to spend on ammo but then turning around and selling for more IS a little different.

I agree completely. A few years ago we were selling a house. I had just finished renovating it and while there was only one offer on the table, I wasn't worried about getting offers.

The buyer's agent told us that it was a young couple who could really use a bit of a break. I didn't buy it because they arrived in 100k worth of BMWs to look at the house.

We made a deal with me being a bit of a prick about pricing because I wanted to get what I could get for the house. Sure enough, within 4 months of closing they are putting a HUUGGEEE addition onto it. Ha. I'm glad I didn't cut the price to "help the young kids out".

I agree completely. A few years ago we were selling a house. I had just finished renovating it and while there was only one offer on the table, I wasn't worried about getting offers.

The buyer's agent told us that it was a young couple who could really use a bit of a break. I didn't buy it because they arrived in 100k worth of BMWs to look at the house.

We made a deal with me being a bit of a prick about pricing because I wanted to get what I could get for the house. Sure enough, within 4 months of closing they are putting a HUUGGEEE addition onto it. Ha. I'm glad I didn't cut the price to "help the young kids out".

I can understand people trying to negotiate the best price they can. But they should also be honest about why, IF they plan on doing something else.

Back
Top Bottom