Are there are laws in CT regarding quantity of ammo?

I've heard for years people making statements like "if you have more than x thousand rounds, you're required to notify the Chief of Police and Fire Chief in your town." But the same person has nothing on paper to back up their statement.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything myself.

Are there any such laws in CT?

I've heard for years people making statements like "if you have more than x thousand rounds, you're required to notify the Chief of Police and Fire Chief in your town." But the same person has nothing on paper to back up their statement.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything myself.

Are there any such laws in CT?

NO.

I am of the mind set that it's best to know the laws and weigh the outcome of a given action based on your appetite for crossing the line.

For instance, If I carry a Glock with a declared 13 round mag fully loaded. The first offense is a slap on the wrist. With that knowledge I can then choose to carry a mag with 13 rounds or 10.

Even if there was... Why would you care?

Because although you may choose to disregard as misguided, unconstitutional, or immoral, its still good to know if you are breaking a law.

And back to the OP's question. No there aren't any limits.

However, your town's fire code may have some limits. I'd suggest that if there is such a law in your town, you simply ignore it. But be aware of it.

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480-620x463.jpg

Liberty or Death, CT style.

Only total class A idiots stood in line.

Seriously. Idiots who want to be enslaved by the state.

We have this thing called UPS, FedEx or even the USPS that provide documentary proof that things get where they are shipped. For $5, why not use it?

Don

p.s. Lets stop verbally assaulting those who complied. (everyone has their own reasons for compliance or non-compliance) My criticism above is not meant to be anything like that. Its meant for those who choose to comply in the most inconvenient manner imaginable.

Last edited:
Only total class A idiots stood in line.

Seriously. Idiots who want to be enslaved by the state.

We have this thing called UPS, FedEx or even the USPS that provide documentary proof that things get where they are shipped. For $5, why not use it?

Don

p.s. Lets stop verbally assaulting those who complied. (everyone has their own reasons for compliance or non-compliance) My criticism above is not meant to be anything like that. Its meant for those who choose to comply in the most inconvenient manner imaginable.

By the time that picture was taken, I don't believe that DESPP was any longer providing receipts for applications for Certificates of Possession. Earlier on they were. However, given DPS and DESPP's history with keeping track of things like DPS-3 forms, I don't blame anybody who turned papers in, in person, to get receipts. I did with mine as a layer of protection in the event that (1) the legality of my weapons was questioned between 1 JAN 14 and the receipt of my certificate of possession or (2) in the event that in their paper jumble my applications got lost- so I wouldn't be accused of not applying and possessing contraband. Of course, uneventfully, my certificates came back in mid 2014. In the event of a contingency, would they have accepted a Delivery Confirmation record as proof of application? Who knows, especially since it only indicates that something was delivered to that address and really little or nothing more.

You didn't need a receipt from the DESPP. All you needed was a receipt from the post office. The items had to be mailed by 12/31.

Period.

You got no more protection by standing in line than I did by sending registered with a return receipt.

Further, you opened yourself up to the DESPP scrutinizing your forms before accepting them. I had several of my forms returned to me for corrections in the summer of 2014, Eighteen Months!!! after I submitted them. I made the correction and mailed them back. I just got them back this July.

A return receipt proves I mailed something to the DESPP. Thats good enough for every other governmental agency. It should be good enough for the DESPP.

Again, standing in line made you feel good. Thats fantastic. But it was unnecessary. There is no arguing this. Do you hand deliver your tax return to the IRS?

Don

Idiots, every one of them.

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480-620x463.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom