Are there many Vermonters here?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Just wondering how many Vermont NESers we have. I don't recall seeing NES shoots anywhere but NH or MA (OK, there WAS the Ripton shoot back around '06 or so), so I was wondering.

I seem to recall seeing threads about people heading north to VT instead of NH, so we must have some... right?

I was just up there this weekend visiting Nickle, so that's why I was wondering.

I just moved from Mass to Vermont about a month ago. I live in South Burlington. I was wondering/hoping about a larger VT presence as well.

My nephew just bought a house in S. Burlington on Friday; I was up there on Saturday. 4 blocks from the airport!!

Anyway, he & his wife are shooters (Crazy Uncle Ross gave him & his wife their first rifles!) I'll have to tip him off to NES... although since he also just got a player piano that needs a full restoration AND he's trying to develop a new office for his company, he's gonna be pretty darn busy - too busy to surf the web.

I've been told that for all their lax firearm laws, there isn't a HUGE interest in firearms in VT. My information may be wrong, but a quick Google search for gun stores in VT doesn't bring up much...

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

I've been told that for all their lax firearm laws, there isn't a HUGE interest in firearms in VT. My information may be wrong, but a quick Google search for gun stores in VT doesn't bring up much...

That's what I'm finding too. A couple moonbat cities (like Burlington) are trying to pass ordiances and charter changes - but nothing that holds weight. It looks like most gun interest in this area is for hunting. I'm surpised how much there was to do when I was in MA compared to here. I'm hoping we can get some NES folks together.

Powderhorn right next door to South Burlington is pretty amazing (and yes, they have .223 in stock). There's also Parro's and Pigeon's a bit south of you, Mike_.

There are not a lot of stores in general in Vt. It's a very small state, I think 400,000 total and the biggest "city" Burlington is about 30k in people. If you are up in the Burlington area look for some part for a dishwasher, if the few stores/supply houses there don't have it, the next place would be White River Junction 60 miles away. So there cannot be many of anything, there just are not enough people to buy things.

There isn't much interest because it's not such a big deal like in commie mAss where everything is illegal. My Chem teacher used to bring a Garand and muskets to school and I believe even shoot one on school property. That's in Burlington. Try that shit here and you'll be on the first plane to Gitmo.

Nobody needs gun stores when everyone has an FFL ;-)

Growing up in VT guns were just there. No different than any hammer or screwdriver.

It was a different mentality than what many here have.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

grew up in vermont, miss it terribly. i get up there when i can but i had to move to mass for a job. lived in middlebury, salisbury and burlington, i miss shooting at the forbes's old gravel pits in middlebury

No money. When I lived up there I was free to buy anything I could afford, wasn't much. Every house has a gun or two already, very old population. Lack of money and the age bracket that stocks up on stuff and shoots lots.

Dennis, where are you thinking of moving to?

We had a deposit on some property in Weathersfield, near Springfield, but like I said, the deal fell thru. Probably just as well as it would have been a purchase for weekend living back then and it might not have turned out to be practical at the time. Now that I'm retired, things are different.

I've been all over the state and would love to live in the NE Kingdom, but it's just to damned far from any civil amenities, like hospitals, etc.

Springfield is a nice town with lots of 'living' stuff there but it's not over civilized yet. The surrounding towns of Weathersfield, Perkinsville, Brownsville, Downers and the other villages give the area a nice rustic appeal while not going way out in the boonies.

Weathersfield even has a shooting club !

I love Vermont is on my number one list to buy land. My only problem is I am nervous about them going full retard on gun control. With some of the libtards I have met there, it makes me nervous. I know the 'old guard' keeps them at bay, but what happens when they are all gone?

I love Vermont is on my number one list to buy land. My only problem is I am nervous about them going full retard on gun control. With some of the libtards I have met there, it makes me nervous. I know the 'old guard' keeps them at bay, but what happens when they are all gone?
Guns are safe in VT, nothing else is. VT has as many laws as MA, just less people enforcing them. VT also is one of the few states that tax retirement income. To prove their progressive credentials they may be first with an annual mileage tax, which will hurt people bad, nothing is close up there.

I have some land up in Topsham. Future retirement home (I hope). Everybody I meet has guns (on them, sitting on the passenger seat of the truck, etc). I don't know of any "GUN SHOPS" but the "General Store" sells guns and ammo and I have heard others speak about the "gun shop in back of the garage" type establishments. As it was mentioned before - VT is NOT like MA.

VT is on our short list. We already own property in the Northeast Kingdom, and our ears don't pop anymore on the ride up. No longer a flatlander.[smile]

I did not know they taxed retirement income. That may make reconsider. Sucks because I love it there so much

Thats cause even the hippies have guns in VT.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Before the hippies became the gov't they had guns to protect themselves from the gov't. Communes were well armed. Moron hippies don't get the hypocrisy.

Back
Top Bottom