Arizona Family Dollar employee charged with murder after firing 10 shots at shoplifter who punched him

Reptile

NES Member
On the one hand, the case aids the anti-gun advocates in their “Wild West” attribution for CCW. On the other hand, one less scumbag…

he shot "serial shoplifter" ... i.e. career criminal. Less trial, no jail housing to the perp ... I'd say it's 10/10.

give the man a medal and let him go free (also get him some free ammo)

One thing people need to be aware of is state laws on the right to STFU differ. In MA once you express your desire to take the 5th or have counsel, questioning must stop. The police are not allowed to proceed to convince you to change your mind, or play the "just be silent then, we'll show you what we have, then you can think over your decision". Of the tricks that sexual assault investigator told me that he said almost always works - "Sure, you can have an attorney present but the first thing she/he/it will say is to not answer any questions, and you will lose your opportunity to tell me your side of the story".

If a suspect is represented by counsel for an outstanding charge, the suspect cannot waive his right to remain silent in MA and may not be questioned until that counsel is brought into the loop. Other states are not as protective of suspect's rights.

Persons must not only know how to invoke the right to remain silent, but also be aware the police in some states may legally engage in mind games after you have invoked that right to try to convince you to change your mind.

Last edited:
Persons must not only know how to invoke the right to remain silent, but also be aware the police in some states may legally engage in mind games after you have invoked that right to try to convince you to change your mind.
The best investigator I ever saw would never say a word, beyond reading rights and getting a signed understanding of those rights.

Then he would just pick up the file, start reading, and let his eyebrows do the talking.

My mom would use catholic guilt.
She'd give you a quick stern look then turn her back and go about her business. There was nothing heavier in this galaxy then the air of her disappointment.
She was a guilt ninja. Quiet and deadly.
If a cop wants to known my story, all they need to do is slowly start sweeping the floor.

10 shots?? Is he former NYPD????

As far as ShoppyLifty - FAAFO.

It'll be curious if the initial shot or shots were sufficient to kill the dirtbag. Because if so, the rest can be fairly well ignored by the jury. Sorry, shoot him 10 or 100 times. If shot 1 or 2 took him down, it's not murder to KEEP killing a dead guy. (This is ignoring if the shooting was an acceptable legal defense to a slap to the face. Although he did shoplift more than a penny, so. . . . he needs his head removed.)

Back
Top Bottom