• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Civilian stops Oregon Mall Shooting

made the right choice, would not have wanted to take out an innocent.

this is just what i was saying to antis. the shooters generally are not experienced with the weapons, are not well-trained, and will flee or punch their own ticket when they realize someone else is there who has the ability to drop them.

Don't forget he was illegally carrying in a gun free zone.

? What law makes that mall a gun free zone? Oregon law even has an exemption for permit holders in it's laws on carrying on school grounds, so I'd be shocked if there was a law making a mall a gun free zone. See ORS 166.370.

- - - Updated - - -

? What law makes that mall a gun free zone? Oregon law even has an exemption for permit holders in it's laws on carrying on school grounds, so I'd be shocked if there was a law making a mall a gun free zone. See ORS 166.370.

[Oregon smells like rain, trees, and freedom.]

I have seen OH and OK mentioned as states this happened in but the real state is ORegon... Carry on.

ETA: someone finally picked up on the right state.

Signage does not make it illegal. Concealed means concealed.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Signage does make it illegal. The property rights of property owners outweigh your right to carry a gun on their property.

A property owner has the right to set the conditions of entry onto their property. It can be arbitrary and capricious. It could be, nobody with a yellow shirt for all that matters.

If you don't like it, shop elsewhere.

I'm not sure what "concealed means concealed", means?

There's no legal requirement to conceal in Oregon. In fact, Oregon has been at the front of the OC movement for years.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Signage does make it illegal. The property rights of property owners outweigh your right to carry a gun on their property.

A property owner has the right to set the conditions of entry onto their property. It can be arbitrary and capricious. It could be, nobody with a yellow shirt for all that matters.

There's no legal requirement to conceal in Oregon. In fact, Oregon has been at the front of the OC movement for years.

The property owner has a right to prohibit guns on his property, but he does not write laws. He can only ask you to leave. He can't imprison you.

Some states do have binding signage, where a properly worded sign at a business entrance DOES make it illegal to carry, but this is not the case everywhere.

His not leaving if asked to would constitute trespass which could then be breaking a law. The sign just lets him know that if they recognise he is armed they will ask him to leave. Concealed carry seems to break no law there.

Not quite Ken.

If there is no signage, they can ask you to leave. I think we agree there.

If there is signage and you ignore it, you are immediately guilty of at minimum illegal trespass.
Signage can prohibit lawful entry.

If the mall did have signage, he would have been carrying illegally. (Criminal Trespass - a misdemeanor) I'm not saying he shouldn't carry. I'm a big fan of the better to be judged by twelve than carried by six theorem.

Don

More news about this, completely drowned out by current events. He did everything right, including not shooting when he could have injured innocent people.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

He didnt stop shit! I saw the title and clicked on the link hoping for a story that he actually stopped the attack to be able to use it to refute moonbat claims. He hid, drew his weapon and watched as the shooter cleared hos weapon and killed himself. Hardly what the thread title claims. Maybe the OP should get a job in the lamestream media. He is just as accurate!

He didnt stop shit! I saw the title and clicked on the link hoping for a story that he actually stopped the attack to be able to use it to refute moonbat claims. He hid, drew his weapon and watched as the shooter cleared hos weapon and killed himself. Hardly what the thread title claims. Maybe the OP should get a job in the lamestream media. He is just as accurate!
Well supposedly the shooter saw the guy with the gun drawn and then shooter shot himself with his own gun. What a wimp.

Can you say he wouldn't have continued randomly shooting, if he hadn't seen someone with a gun drawn?

Well supposedly the shooter saw the guy with the gun drawn and then shooter shot himself with his own gun. What a wimp.

Pure unsubstantiated Speculation....

I forgot to say I support the ccw holders actions. He did the right thing. However it looks like his actions likely had little to no bearing on the end result unlike what the thread title claims.

Can you say he wouldn't have continued randomly shooting, if he hadn't seen someone with a gun drawn?

Cant say he would have or wouldnt have, whichever you really intended to ask. Neither can any of us even ascertain if he saw the ccw with gun drawn. Its all ignorant speculation.

Agreed...and it's not OHIO or OKLAHOMA...it's OREGON....you know...where the mall shooting was.

Smart and courageous man. I feel bad fir the victims and their families

I am going with there is a good chance this guy stopped the shooting here.... I also think that the way the media spins things against our favor we can do a little spinning in our favor....There is a solid chance he did!!

Back
Top Bottom