• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Civilian stops Oregon Mall Shooting

What we have learned about active shooters in the past 5-10 years is that they seldom get into a shoot out with anyone, They run it like a video game and then kill themselves when it starts to go bad. Nobody knows for sure if that guy had any deterrent factor on the perp but we can assume he was prepared to engage when it was safe to do so.

Nobody knows for sure if that guy had any deterrent factor on the perp but we can assume he was prepared to engage when it was safe to do so.

Exactly. What we can take from this that is very positive without having to spin anything is that he acted intellegently, and safely as a good example of the carrying community.

I hate spin, no matter which side it may benefit. For us or for them it is equally disengenious.

Exactly. What we can take from this that is very positive without having to spin anything is that he acted intellegently, and safely as a good example of the carrying community.

I hate spin, no matter which side it may benefit. For us or for them it is equally disengenious.
Deciding to feature, or omit, this action in the news is "spin" no matter how the story is written.

Hate to put my tinfoil hat on but some things dont add up about this.

Today as i walked into the gun shop the guy behind the counter was talking about how these shooting always happen at the most inconvenient times for pro 2A, like when there trying to pass a pro gun bill or when antis are trying to pass laws to restrict guns.

He believed it could be government brain washing people and sending them on there killing sprees.

Now i cant quite jump on that band wagon but as i thought about it, something did make more sence,
What if this guy at the mall shooting had a underlining motive of a anti gun agenda all on this own, what if he decided to become a anti gun extremist.

Basically i came to this posible conclusion with the fact that why would he shoot himself when he saw another person with a gun, was the shooters fear of getting shoot enuff for him to take his life own life to escape a posible painfull death or incarceration.

or did he off himself so no one could clame they stoped him and not prove that a armed civilian can make a diffrence in stoping a shooting.

Very tinfoil hat i know but its makes me wonder a bit, There is obviousely people who will do unspeakable things so is it so outragouse that someone would try and push the anti gun agenda along by doing something so crazy,

Government involvment or not, there is still crazy people out there who are so scared of guns or think there so right about guns being bad, that they would do somthing so f-ed up to help or try and prove something for there cause

Sorry for the bad punctuation, but its safe to say any reason someone would do somthing like this is no good reason but i cant help but think there is a underlying reason these shootings are happening now and so frequent.

Back
Top Bottom