• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Dad Protected His Teen Daughter From Thugs – Now He’s In trouble

I'm glad he had it, even though it was illegal, because his daughter is alive. Thugs family probably has a civil suit now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

you would think they would let that paper work slide for getting a POS off the street....a misdemeanor tho is better than a felony...but there should be no charges at all..just an award for ridding the city of a scumbag

you would think they would let that paper work slide for getting a POS off the street....a misdemeanor tho is better than a felony...but there should be no charges at all..just an award for ridding the city of a scumbag

Just a guess here, and playing devil's advocate - maybe it was a high enough profile incident that they didn't have the discretion they otherwise might have.

He capped one of their peeps - criminals & illegals are the national treasures of the DNC.

Could this be a 2A-friendly case law in the making? Maybe something positive can come out of Shitcago for a change.

Will this paperwork violation "misdemeanor" (if convicted) prevent him from renewing his license?

Unfortunately, the homeowner probably has bigger things to worry about than some overzealous paper pushers. From the article, it seems the home invaders were gang members, which means they'll likely be back for vengeance. You know, because he shouldn't have dared stand up for himself against them. They should be free to do whatever to whomever they want. I'll bet no one in that house is sleeping well at night. [sad]

Unfortunately, the homeowner probably has bigger things to worry about than some overzealous paper pushers. From the article, it seems the home invaders were gang members, which means they'll likely be back for vengeance. You know, because he shouldn't have dared stand up for himself against them. They should be free to do whatever to whomever they want. I'll bet no one in that house is sleeping well at night. [sad]

i was thinking the same thing....this guy is gonna have to move or probably not sleep ever again

I hope can find the other two, they may need some taxpayer funded counseling to get over the loss .
The lads where just expressing themselves and this maniac goes and shoots one of them. [rolleyes]

yeah it is a shit sandwich, but if you live in a semi police state, why not just renew the frigin firearms license. We all wish for better times, but for now, when in Rome....

To bad he didnt get them all. But how is it the cops fault he didnt have his "paper work" right. They didnt write the laws. And it was his dumb ass that was too lazy to bother keeping his sh*t up to date. What should the cops have done ignore the fact he was illegal in a shooting that resulted in a death. Please, then some would be bitching about selective enforcement and all. I hope the best for him, but you have to keep your sh*t tight these days.

And he must be unarmed now

I think in these cases the homeowner should be awarded a permanent Carry License (although we shouldn't even need this) and a free gun from the .gov

I'm glad he had it, even though it was illegal, because his daughter is alive. Thugs family probably has a civil suit now.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sad that you need a white card ( license) to protect your family or yourself.

A father protecting his family and now he is a criminal because his license expired. What a sad day in America.

I'm glad he blasted that punk, but if your state requires proper licensing, you have to keep it up to date. It's the world we live in. C.Y.A.

Cases like this used to be more frequent. In reaction to one egregious abuse, the IL legislature passed 720 ILCS 5/24-10 back in '04 to put the kabosh on people being prosecuted over local ordinances when acting in self-defense in the home.

Sec. 24-10. Municipal ordinance regulating firearms; affirmative defense to a violation. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of a municipal ordinance that prohibits, regulates, or restricts the private ownership of firearms if the individual who is charged with the violation used the firearm in an act of self-defense or defense of another as defined in Sections 7-1 and 7-2 of this Code when on his or her land or in his or her abode or fixed place of business.
That saves one from local crap (and Chicago has a lot of local stuff, along with Cook Co.'s AWB).

But the FOID is a state ID card, and a state statute, and this is not just a local ordinance violation, so the above isn't a defense. So when they want to railroad someone, that's what the locals go with.

Back
Top Bottom