• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed Guards at Registry!

I observed Registry employees in Registry Polo shirts administering driving road tests in parking lot when we arrived. They were not armed and not cops.
Kids will never know the enjoyment of having a 300 pound Registry cop giving you the test. My oldest daughter had to have a woman Statie give her the road test, I was in the back seat and this woman was my size. My daughter rolled through a stop sign and i stupidly said something...the Statie turned around and put her finger in my face and told me to shut up and had my daughter start again.

They had then when I went to get 0lates for a car I bought second hand.

It was way better then times I went before the covid crap.

The person behind the counter was nice cause she was cute too, no photos sorry

The armed "guard" was no more then a buck 50 soking wet, and after I talked to him a little to pass time waiting for my ride that went to get coffee, found out that he was going on lunch and there's no "guard" at that time

Security guards (all of them) are contractors. And the single biggest customer service issue is the clerks are unionized.

RMV has armed guards because there's probably a lot of citizens that still want to annihilate them for dissappearing for 2 years. RMV rode gravy train like the teachers did.

I think it's getting worse at the RMV branches since the smart/experienced/connected employees are still working remotely if they can. Definitely see that the branch experience is getting worse, however the non-branch offerings are getting better. Pre Covid we didn't have temporary plates and what can now be done DIY online, or via AAA or is available to insurance agents more than makes up for it IMO.
I agree but can tell you my experience with that god awful place goes back long before covid. I could tell you stories I swear you wouldn’t believe. I have a cdl and a disability so no AAA or online for me. No sir I have the distinct pleasure of always having to deal with these bumbling numb skulls in person.

The dealer lied to you. I think it's a dealer scam to get you to pay for new plates. As long as you can read the numbers on the plate the plate it's good. Some scumbag at Bouchard Nissan told me the same thing. I said no I'm just going to transfer them. He said he won't do it. I told him fine I'll buy a truck somewhere else.
I got flunked for faded plates a few years ago. Didn’t actually get an R, the dude told me it would fail. I just go over it with a red sharpie now before inspection

I've been to many registries that had armed personnel in them.
As far as I know they never had armed guards before they shut down for the Wuhan flu. Leominster RMV used to be across the street from my complex and they never had security. So now WE pay contractors to protect useless State employees who don't want to go to work to do the job we pay them to do and who snear at us when we ask them why they're incompetent and don't give a shit. Yes I think it's a result of the Wuhan flu shutdown because they know the public is pissed at them.

As far as I know they never had armed guards before they shut down for the Wuhan flu. Leominster RMV used to be across the street from my complex and they never had security. So now WE pay contractors to protect useless State employees who don't want to go to work to do the job we pay them to do and who snear at us when we ask them why they're incompetent and don't give a shit. Yes I think it's a result of the Wuhan flu shutdown because they know the public is pissed at them.
Maybe not all but Braintree and Brockton have had them long before the China virus

I agree but can tell you my experience with that god awful place goes back long before covid. I could tell you stories I swear you wouldn’t believe. I have a cdl and a disability so no AAA or online for me. No sir I have the distinct pleasure of always having to deal with these bumbling numb skulls in person.
I have issued plates for people doing the entire thing remotely... just sayin'. Might require you to FedEx/mail the original Title/paperwork, but a lot of it can be done remotely.

I think it's getting worse at the RMV branches since the smart/experienced/connected employees are still working remotely if they can. Definitely see that the branch experience is getting worse, however the non-branch offerings are getting better. Pre Covid we didn't have temporary plates and what can now be done DIY online, or via AAA or is available to insurance agents more than makes up for it IMO.
Sorry, did you say "smart", "employees" and "RMV" in the same sentence?

Please define smart, because there is not a single useful person in that sh*t hole of a State welfare agency.

It is literally the place where they dump the stupidest people that have some connection to politicians. Like they hide them there so they never have to see them again.

I have issued plates for people doing the entire thing remotely... just sayin'. Might require you to FedEx/mail the original Title/paperwork, but a lot of it can be done remotely.
Oh yes, I do some things on line but most of my transactions have to be done in person for previous stated reasons. The other day was for work. Had to register a town vehicle and get blue plates. The whole fiasco started when my co worker whose name the appointment was under called in sick so they sent me. The old hag checking me in wouldn't let me pass go because my name wasn't on her list. The mind numbing stupidity that followed is too much to list and like I said you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you. Its insane to me that people can be that dumb.

I am asking a valid question.
It may be valid for you but it sounds like foolishness to me. So I don't renew my government issued license and get pulled over. What then, do I shoot the cop who tows my car and cuffs me? Don't be a jerk, some things you do to remain in society. Did you renew your license or are you prepared to go to war with the government? So just give it a rest!

It may be valid for you but it sounds like foolishness to me. So I don't renew my government issued license and get pulled over. What then, do I shoot the cop who tows my car and cuffs me? Don't be a jerk, some things you do to remain in society. Did you renew your license or are you prepared to go to war with the government? So just give it a rest!
You said "live free or die" then told us about renewing a government ID. You dont see the irony in that?

Maybe you meant to say "live with some freedom compared to MA and don't die".

Not sure why you are getting mad.

the registry in Easthampton Ma is guarded by a young guy with a ancient revolver in a nylon snap closed uncle mikes holster
Sounds like most of the open carry people in North Carolina.

Here we have the drivers license agency (it's Exactly that and only that).. they are state employees. I think they also do drivers license testing. They are augmented by the "License and title theft police" and highway patrol for security. It's a state agency with state employees it runs pretty smooth. You can even make an appointment online for a new drivers license. It was so fun denouncing my Massachusetts citizenship

So you need a license plate for your 1989 Buick you just brought... Well... You have bring your title, a copy of insurance and go to the license plate agency. They are almost always privately run.. they get paif
$11 an hours to start (which is pretty bad because down here $11 is fast food money). It widely depends on which one you go to and the time of day. The earlier the better..the later you get thugs and trailer trash.

I am old enough to remember gray haired MA state troopers do driving tests but there typically wasn't a trooper assigned to security..... They called troopers out from the highway or local police to deal with people acting up.

Pre 2008 I had to go to the Worcester RMV I went an hour before closing time. This poor old lady RMV employee had to lock the door at 5 pm all by herself very angry people....

I've been to the MA RMV and these guards typically have no vest usually. No intermediate weapons like pepper spray or a baton..just a gun usually in some type of cheap retention holster. Sometimes with spare magazines. They don't need handcuffs since as far as I know it's very murky legal Waters to handcuff someone in Massachusetts unless you have police arrest powers.

I guess it's better then nothing. But considering how much tax dollars we have paid in Massachusetts... Some type of state special police security force with universal equipment and training should be at the RMV. Then again more and more local/state governments rather have a man with a gun and a costume..it works..just as well and cheaper and less liability for the Commonwealth

You said "live free or die" then told us about renewing a government ID. You dont see the irony in that?

Maybe you meant to say "live with some freedom compared to MA and don't die".

Not sure why you are getting mad.
No, I don't see the irony. There are certain things that are done in order to live in a free society. Your position is antagonistic and foolish. Stop trying to be the forum clown.

If you are so anti compliant, dont be a voluntary part of society. Burn all your licenses and see where it gets you. When you are behind bars let me know and I will have my girlfriend bake you a cake with a file in it.

You sound like you are envious of the freedoms we have here in NH and bitter about living in a shitty state. We do live free up here and participate in our society for the betterment of where we live. It's not utopia but it's better than most places and I for one am very happy I live here.

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.

No, I don't see the irony. There are certain things that are done in order to live in a free society. Your position is antagonistic and foolish. Stop trying to be the forum clown.

If you are so anti compliant, dont be a voluntary part of society. Burn all your licenses and see where it gets you. When you are behind bars let me know and I will have my girlfriend bake you a cake with a file in it.

You sound like you are envious of the freedoms we have here in NH and bitter about living in a shitty state. We do live free up here and participate in our society for the betterment of where we live. It's not utopia but it's better than most places and I for one am very happy I live here.

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.
If I knew you were going to get so upset, I wouldn't have said anything.

By the way, the license is not necessary to live in a free society. But that is a topic for another thread with less emotion.

How does that scam work exactly?
You think they get kickbacks from the registry for the free replacement plates they give out?

I think the complete story is they could transfer but they would not pass inspection requirements by the book.

The weird thing is not the armed security it is the fact it is not a senior state trooper making $125 an hour.
You nailed it. A few years ago my car failed inspection because of my plates. I said what’s wrong with them, he said you can’t read the numbers…I said you are failing me because my plates are too white! He was not amused and a month later after dealing with the registry (in Lowell, with an armed guard) I got my shiny new ones.

If I knew you were going to get so upset, I wouldn't have said anything.

By the way, the license is not necessary to live in a free society. But that is a topic for another thread with less emotion.
I am not upset about having to pay to drive on the roads. Hell, the cash probably just covers the cost of the plastic. What bothers me is that you come out of the woodwork whenever someone says NH is a great place to live with some foolishness about paying for our freedom or some similar baloney.

I lived in MA for 58 years so I know all about how much it sucks. Coming up here was like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Compared to most places, we truly do live free here. What pisses me off are people who don't live here dragging down what we have. So yeah, we have fees up here but they government does not spend those moneys on stupid crap. We have good roads here, we have good services here.

Sure, we have some shitholes in this state, Manchester, Nashua and Concord are the few liberal places where most of the crime happens but for the most part, people are respectful of other people and help each other if they need it.

Up here, whether they know you or not, people look you in the eye, talk to you like you are a human being, show you common courtesy. Because we don't have the weight of a tyrannical government oppressing them at ever opportunity we are happy up here.

So don't do what I did and wait until I was an old man to make the move, I wish I had done it 40 years ago but I am happy I actually pulled up stakes and made the move so I can at least enjoy what time I have left being free.

Don't drag down what you don't understand.

Sorry, did you say "smart", "employees" and "RMV" in the same sentence?

Please define smart, because there is not a single useful person in that sh*t hole of a State welfare agency.

It is literally the place where they dump the stupidest people that have some connection to politicians. Like they hide them there so they never have to see them again.
I'd say most are worthless but there's usually one non clueless one, if you're lucky. In one rare case a non shitbird rmv employee saved my sanity. Ages ago when my grandfather passed, i inherited a car none of the c***s in there knew how to do the title application and the broad started blowing smoke, a character ill refer to as zeke the janitor, an older guy with glasses, overheard the c***s bloviation and politely shut her down and grabbed my papers and started showing her shit on the computer. He was like “this isn’t a big deal, he has all the paperwork. See this from the probate court? It’s his car. do this this and this blah blah” them he walked away and, sheepishly collected the money and i left with a registration and plates and told me the new title would come in x weeks…. 🤣

That said most of them are imbeciles. I’ll never forget holding the deli ticket tag for over a half hour only for the system to send me back to the same c*** that handed me the tag, who then processed my license reactivation in less than 30 seconds. c*** knew what i wanted to do and could have gotten me out of there, but it’s obvious she did that on purpose. I am hoping if i play my cards right to never set foot in an MA RMV ever again. Thankfully they’re proxying stuff out to insurance agents and AAA. Hopefully someday the RMV will be mostly eliminated in the form of pain stores, at least.

Gotta say, "this is Mass".

The DMV in CT sucks. Lines around the building, pisspoor service, just awful trying to get anything done.

Moved to GA. Check out the DMV's website, fill up a folder with the paperwork they said I needed, walked in. Standing in line, lady walks up to me, asks me why I'm there, I tell her (new resident, license). She makes sure I have the required paperwork, sends me to a kiosk, tells me to get a number after that and wait to be called.

I wait, about 15 minutes, (maybe). Number gets called, I go up, we go through all of the paperwork, (this is for a "REAL ID" GA license). Finish up, clerk tells me that I'll either have my license or an explanation of why not within two weeks. 10 days later my license shows up.

Take my brandy new license down to the county admin building, walk in, get photo, prints, fill out app, write a check and get told that they'd call me in about two weeks. 10 days later they call me and I go pick up my weapons permit.

If GA can do this, MA and CT can also. But they don't. They just suck.
People in MA don’t realize how bad it sucks until they live somewhere else for a bit.

Many ma**h***s act that way because they’ve never moved out of town and don’t realize life can be better.

Luckily, I haven't been to a registry in years. My insurance company has a "runner" they utilize. It cost me like $20 cash for the runner to go to the registry and handle whatever you need. Well worth it in my book.

Yeah. I had to go in June of 2020. It was a shitshow. Armed guards. For the RMV.

Maybe do your job and put a smile on your stupid hack face and you won't have to worry about some guy getting pissed off and shooting up your building, Sharon!

And then the whole Covid protocols were crazy. The best was teh stupid clerk behind the privacy glass who would FREAK OUT every time I came close to the window. I mean, c'mon.

My best and most favorite Registry story was when they started instituting the # system. I wander in and the dolt at hte front is kibitzing with person totally ignoring me. There is NO ONE in the place, so I wander up to a window.

"Do you have a number?"

"What?"

"I can't serve you without a number."

I look around. ALL around. Shrug my shoulders and walk back to Kibby. He CONTINUES to yabber. After about 2 min. "Can I help you?" "Yeah, I need one of your numbers." He gets all huffy that he has to work. "Take this and have a seat."

Again I LOOK AROUND at hte NOBODY in the entire Fall River RMV.

I sit down.

No lie. The clerk that I went to the first time looks at her watch, then back at teh deli number display behind her and yells, to me AND ME ALONE. . . "FOURTY-SIX!"

I yell "YO! THAT'S ME" even louder and go up and take care of my stuff.

It was clear the rule was "you can't help people without a #." But the system broke down. But you can't fix the system. You have to sit there and do nothing. Government at work for sure.

Back
Top Bottom