• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Armed robber shot by clerk, "They're supposed to just hand over the money."

This just shows that the laws are too complicated.

If there was a clear law, known to everyone, such as, "You're just supposed to hand over the money," this sort of thing would not happen.

Instead, we have this confusing mass of laws, like "You may defend yourself from threats of violence," and "Don't steal stuff." Just too foncusing.

How else is he supposed to buy foolish things!? You are encouraged to rob and steal nowadays. Hell, the .gov does it all the time!!

I mean they kinda are supposed to hand over the money. 60 bucks or whatever he steals is far less than any other outcome(except you know not stealing). So I can see it still wouldn't be shocked getting shot either

I mean they kinda are supposed to hand over the money. 60 bucks or whatever he steals is far less than any other outcome(except you know not stealing). So I can see it still wouldn't be shocked getting shot either

Yeah, I'm biased to think the person breaking the law to steal something isn't someone I'd trust to not break another law by attempting to murder me.

How else is he supposed to buy foolish things!? You are encouraged to rob and steal nowadays. Hell, the .gov does it all the time!!

This is what bothers me most. I'm sure this kid is getting all kinds of "public assistance" that .gov is already stealing for him but he has to go over and above that. It should be a lifetime disqualifier from public assistance of any kind if you get caught stealing. Society is already (involuntarily in most cases) supporting you and you're going to repay it by stealing from it?

Yeah, but it's not really the robbery itself that got him shot, it was the pointing a gun at someone...

Yeah, but it's not really the robbery itself that got him shot, it was the pointing a gun at someone...

Im not defending the guy but his logic isn't as far off is all I'm saying. He obviously should expect someone isn't going to take it lying down. But on the other hand I'm sure company policy is f it the money is insured legal fees for anything else is going to cost more than anyone can get out of a cash drawer

Im not defending the guy but his logic isn't as far off is all I'm saying. He obviously should expect someone isn't going to take it lying down. But on the other hand I'm sure company policy is f it the money is insured legal fees for anything else is going to cost more than anyone can get out of a cash drawer

It's not what they are supposed to do, it's what some companies have for a "policy". It's not a law or what should happen.

You aren't SUPPOSED TO rob people/places, but he did and he suffered the consequences. As far as I'm concerned he got off with his life, and he's lucky to have that.

Back
Top Bottom