Armslist starting to piss me off!!!!

Whats up with some of these freaking people using Armslist??? In the past 2 weeks I have been blown off and had a deal broken 4 times. They stop answering emails or they're phones because they know they're shit bags!
I have also had 3 people offering to buy a firearm from me BUT!!!! They have no idea what a transfer is and oh yea, they have no MA LTC. Oh really? I need a license to buy a gun??? I didn't know that!!!
Get a life, Armslist is not Craigslist!!!

I do have to say I have had nothing but positive experiences with people here on NES. I have met with, dealt with and established friendships with some really nice people on here.

Last edited:
Last time I used Armslist was back in the spring. I went back and forth with the guy via email and text and set up a time to meet. Everything was totally normal then he ghosted me the day of the meet.
He reposted the same ad for the next three months. It was annoying.
All my other dealings on Armslist have been totally uneventful.
I've never had any issues whatsoever with NES folks. They are good people.

I expect that 49 out of 50 "ill take it" will fall through. I refuse to meet buyers anywhere by near me for that reason. I will not travel for an Armslist buyer.

Armslist has the worst buyers and the most fraudulent sellers of any site by FAR.

You want to sell faster and for more money, you put on your hip waders and deal with armslist. I usually list on both, but for a higher price on armslist. Not many problems at all as long as assume the worst and don't fall for shenanigans.

Occasionally you end up in a dark parking lot with a russian gangster handing you a roll of$100s, but we've all been there, am I right?

Last time I used Armslist was back in the spring. I went back and forth with the guy via email and text and set up a time to meet. Everything was totally normal then he ghosted me the day of the meet.
He reposted the same ad for the next three months. It was annoying.
All my other dealings on Armslist have been totally uneventful.
I've never had any issues whatsoever with NES folks. They are good people.

Yup I feel the same with the guys here. I committed to buying a gun all set to go, the guy swore it was a done deal and the gun was mine. He was going to ship it to my FFL after I mailed him a check. Didn't hear back from him when I asked for his full name and mailing info. The listing was deactivated. Guess he made a deal for more $

I honestly have had much more luck on armslist than here. I have definitely dealt with my share of flakes there for sure. The communication from a paid site (NES) is better hands down. I just find here there’s a lot of sale Only (not enough trad listings on NES) or the values are running same as new for used stuff (because everything on NES is LNIB, less than 200 rounds, immaculate). I have ultimately landed better value off armslist. Just my 2 cents to this point.

Been trying to sell a rifle on armslist for a bit- people are shit but not nearly as bad as when I tried to sell my lc9s pro and people would email me about how it was illegal in mass and I was going to get arrested.

I’ve sold and bought a handful of guns on armslist. It’s had its share of headaches and scammy nonsense but it’s not so much worse than NES that I won’t list things there.

The worst thing is the “Still available?” Email. Can’t stand that shit.

Boston Officer Who Was Shot Sues Online Gun Dealer Website

Stories such as that don't help, now there are more jackases, who previously never heard of that site, going on there and trying to make a deal without a license to see if they can with no intent to actually purchase..
Aside, i have never used armslist, i went looking there in the past and it seemed like anything i was interested in was a scam of some sort. I haven't revisited since.

I've had the same negative issues here on NES and on Armslist. There are slug buyers in both places. As long as you realize that is the case it's gets easier to deal with the dimwits. I've done a number of transactions on both sites so they do work for what you are trying to do. You just have to wade through crap from time to time.

I have some items for sale on the LetGo ap, one was a new BlackHawk sling, had a kid come on and ask me if I’d sell him a rifle to go with it and stated “Some small problem though, I don’t have an LTC. I don’t want to go on a shooting spree or anything, just for home defense.”

Yaaaa not so much buddy. Have never bought or sold anything via Armslist.

My NES complication rate is about 5%. My armslist complication rate is about 10%. The price people on armslist will pay compared to the skinflints on NES makes the slightly higher complication rate dealing with armslist worth it.
This. I've had more success selling on armslist than on NES. There have been a couple people who have flaked but they always told me at least the day before we were supposed to meet that they changed their mind. I've never had a no show before.

I also haven't encountered people without LTC's wanting to buy my guns...But I'm sure there's PLENTY of those people around.

I have more than 75 transactions on Armslist over the years, I have not had 1 bad experience. Both buying and selling, everything has been fine. I recently bought a Stevens 77E shotgun, Vietnam issue, US marked and also SCHD marked ( South Carolina Highway Dept., used by highway chain gang security in the late 70's) ) for 400 bucks. Last one sold at Rock Island Auctions in 2016 for 3160.00, I currently have it at 2000. Another one is up for sale on Dec. 1st, expected to bring between 4500-7000, this one is probably 95%, mine is 80%. Deals are to be found. Bought a Ruger speed six, 1976 issue and marked with" Made in the 200th year of American Liberty" 275 bucks, excellent condition. Winchester Garand, DCM, if its not a "correct" one, I don't know what one is, 1942, with 2 cans of ammo on clips and bandoliers, 1000 bucks. Daewoo DR 200, unfired, 500 bucks!
Maybe its just the state, your crazy laws, folks trying to skirt them, who knows, but here in N.C., its been good to me.

Get a life, Armslist is not Craigslist!!!

In fairness, Armslist really is Craigslist. I'm convinced the only reason it's not called "Gun Craigslist" is because of trademark issues.

I've had a ton of dealings on Gun Craigslist, both buying and selling. Of course, you get scammers ("I have FFL, and you to me ship will do...") and flakes ("I'll offer 1/10 of your advertised price. Cash. Let me know..."), just like on Regular Craigslist. Comes with the territory. (Actually, NES is not immune to either scammers or flakes, unfortunately.) A laid-back attitude, a ready delete button, and some patience can yield positive results in both buying and selling.

In some sick way, I actually kind of enjoy the show...

In fairness, Armslist really is Craigslist. I'm convinced the only reason it's not called "Gun Craigslist" is because of trademark issues.

I've had a ton of dealings on Gun Craigslist, both buying and selling. Of course, you get scammers ("I have FFL, and you to me ship will do...") and flakes ("I'll offer 1/10 of your advertised price. Cash. Let me know..."), just like on Regular Craigslist. Comes with the territory. (Actually, NES is not immune to either scammers or flakes, unfortunately.) A laid-back attitude, a ready delete button, and some patience can yield positive results in both buying and selling.

In some sick way, I actually kind of enjoy the show...

If Craigslist had allowed gun listings, Armslist would never have existed. It's inferior in every way, bloated with ads and content no one wants.

I don't go the the site unless I'm on my home computer running NoScript. Last time I went on my phone it redirected to some malware scam site.

I sold off most of my collection between August 2017 and May 2018. The majority of my sales (all items dual listed on NES) came from Armslist, and had to deal with the occasionally obvious scam inquiry.

Did get an inquiry about a Taurus 1911 I was selling from someone in MA who was “interested” but insisted that he could only buy it unless I could point to “verifiable evidence” that he could own something not on the MA Approves Roster.

Last edited:
Armslist is hit or miss. I get the feeling that local Mass FFL's will pose as sellers selling neat things for cheap. You will talk to them via email and the guy will be like "oh hey meet me at this gun store at this time" Then you get there and the guy won't answer emails or phone calls and the local shop will be like. "yeah no one came in looking to transfer a K98, but I got this great $400 beat to shit last ditch Arisaka it's just as good as a K98"

Armslist is hit or miss. I get the feeling that local Mass FFL's will pose as sellers selling neat things for cheap. You will talk to them via email and the guy will be like "oh hey meet me at this gun store at this time" Then you get there and the guy won't answer emails or phone calls and the local shop will be like. "yeah no one came in looking to transfer a K98, but I got this great $400 beat to shit last ditch Arisaka it's just as good as a K98"

We're gonna need more tinfoil [rofl2]

Dont get me wrong, I have bought and sold a lot of firearms on Armslist and never felt screwed either way, same goes for craigslist but lately its been crazy. I'm dealing with a guy now that I'm about to tell to pound sand. He was desperate to sell a pistol, he offered to meet half way if I paid asking price. I agreed to that and I have have been getting the runaround. Was supposed to meet him 3 days ago. the meet up point gets closer to his house every time I talk to him. Tonight is his last chance and he can sell it to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom