Army Veteran

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I just noticed that Dench has "Army Veteran" instead of NES member under his name.

I'm just curious how he got that? Who's butt do I have to kiss if I want that?

Not saying that I do. It goes without saying I'm a combat vet, see my avatar. I just get curious why some people get picked out for these designations, and not all.

I know a whole bunch of people on this forum who are combat vets, and don't see them getting recongnition for it. (Not that any of us asked for recognition.) Is this just something that was a spur of the moment thing?

I guess I'm just a grumpy SOB. I haven't had enough coffee yet today and I'm being sort of bitchy.

I'm thankful to Dench for his service, and like to see him commended.

You just have to let me know you want it. [wink]

I don't know every veteran in here. depicts you were Army as well?

You just have to let me know you want it. [wink]

I don't know every veteran in here. depicts you were Army as well?

derek if your looking for a easy way to ID the forums vets you can check the "service list" thread in the general section, although im not sure how many of those vets are under the "combat vet" banner like depicts and myself. i dont know if that even matters or not

Derek, thanks for the consideration. Like Dench (Eric) I don't know if vets and combat vets need to be separated. They all did what they were told.

Yes, I was Army. 1967 to 1970. 68 and 69 in and around Pleiku and the Central Highlands. I get PM's from others here on the forum all the time who were also in country.

As much as I understand the reasoning, to quell "arm chair" Rambo's, it probably won't matter, those kinds of people will continue to talk their BS anyway.

We vets know the real story!!

Back
Top Bottom