Arrest in Watertown for fake ammo

It would have been fun to be on the call from the ADA to the police informing them that the charges were dropped. I can only imagine the legal niceties that were used which meant, in essence, "Dude, seriously?"

This should have been played over the phone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessary, someone used their brain and realized the entire arrest was stupid. What are they going to do, set a precedent so that every derp-ish hipster gets arrested getting on a bus in Boston? [rofl] -Mike

You got more faith in the system Mike. But then Len and I have worked in the system. I'll repeat Len's question: who's he connected to?

You got more faith in the system Mike. But then Len and I have worked in the system. I'll repeat Len's question: who's he connected to?

Mark, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Connection is possible but this isn't that "politically dirty" of a case to dump, either. This isn't like Suzanne Magaziner's DUI fun festival, where you know "some phone calls got made" and magically some hurr durring happened and the whole thing got dropped.

-Mike

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/fas...-fake-bullet-belt-sparks-panic-on-boston-bus/

Kevin-Young-800x430.jpg

Looks like a dime a dozen punk rocker walking around Allston.

The arrest will be there unless expunged. Even then, he'd still need to check the box he was arrested. Nice system.

- - - Updated - - -

And the cops who arrested him could not figure this out?
No such thing as expunged in MA

did they show photos of the actual belt?
if it was fake plastic ammo and fake plastic links, the possession charge would be BS..... but if this guy had real brass, lead and steel (components and LCFD) without a license, then i call bullshit and am going to go buy some post ban AR and glock mags....

and call out companies that won't ship components to me.....

"we need more laws! We need more laws!" they don't enforce the f****** laws we have.....

I guess if Nine Inch Nails was a metal band, I could see the Trent Reznor (singer) look to him. Looks like he's on his way to an Manray, an old club that was near the Middle East.

I guess if Nine Inch Nails was a metal band, I could see the Trent Reznor (singer) look to him. Looks like he's on his way to an Manray, an old club that was near the Middle East.

Swap out the white plastic Wayfarer sunglasses for mirror-finish aviators and he could have an Andrew Eldritch (of Sisters of Mercy) thing going on. Hey, now, hey now now, sing this corrosion to me...

Since charges were dropped, will it remain on his record?
If he were to go apply for an LTC (assuming he doesn't have one) would it show up?

Depends on how far he got into the process really. If the charges were dismissed prior to or at arraignment, his record wont show it.
The arrest itself wouldnt show on his BOP until after hes arraigned.

And in typical fashion you still saw this on the news even AFTER the charges were dropped, acknowledging the charges were dropped, yet still running this poor dresser through the weeds...because the public needs to know there was a danger!! No. F U. This stuff makes my blood boil. Shame on the police for not doing their homework and not understanding the laws they are enforcing. Seems like the bullies wanting a gun and badge are starting to outnumber those who genuinely care about the community and upholding EVERYONES rights. And an even bigger F U to the dummies on the bus harassing the poor dresser. I understand that half those riding public transportation couldn't even tell you what M.G.L stands for, but it's all avoidable:
Police arrive. Hold poor dresser for an investigative detention. Realize this was a bad fashion mistake and not a crime. Let guy back on bus. Explain to anyone having heart attack that they are not real bullets and to get on with life. Get back in car, clear call, go to next call.
Instead they called in the news and made the big break of the year and saved a million lives from domestic terrorism and such. Again, F U.

Watch out everyone! That punk might pull a rifle out of his sleeveless vest pocket and start throwing military grade lead!

And in typical fashion you still saw this on the news even AFTER the charges were dropped, acknowledging the charges were dropped, yet still running this poor dresser through the weeds...because the public needs to know there was a danger!! No. F U. This stuff makes my blood boil. Shame on the police for not doing their homework and not understanding the laws they are enforcing. Seems like the bullies wanting a gun and badge are starting to outnumber those who genuinely care about the community and upholding EVERYONES rights. And an even bigger F U to the dummies on the bus harassing the poor dresser. I understand that half those riding public transportation couldn't even tell you what M.G.L stands for, but it's all avoidable:
Police arrive. Hold poor dresser for an investigative detention. Realize this was a bad fashion mistake and not a crime. Let guy back on bus. Explain to anyone having heart attack that they are not real bullets and to get on with life. Get back in car, clear call, go to next call.
Instead they called in the news and made the big break of the year and saved a million lives from domestic terrorism and such. Again, F U.

The state has to keep the sheep scared, otherwise their propaganda won't be as effective. This also shows that the state protected innocents by taking the dangerous threat off the streets. Who knows what would have happened if he was able to peel off one of those fake rounds and toss it at someone! Oh, the horror!

- - - Updated - - -

Watch out everyone! That punk might pull a rifle out of his sleeveless vest pocket and start throwing military grade lead!

LOL. Exactly!

The court can order it in rare cases, it's been done before for bad arests but it's unusual. But he'd still need to check the box he had been arrested.

Not sure about MA, but in many states an expungement creates a "legal fiction" in which the expungee in allowed to answer "No" to any question relating to existence the expunged arrest or related court proceeding and have that answer be considered the "legal truth".

The liberal media LOVES stories about anything gun related. All of the local news shows really pump up the gun stuff.

No mention of the 2,000 deaths last year from drug overdoses.

There is a concerted effort to abolish guns, and these folks are water carriers.

Back
Top Bottom