• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arrest in Watertown for fake ammo

Somehow I have a feeling that argument that because the PMAG I brought behind the Iron Curtain didn't contain any ammo inside, it therefore does not fall under the AWB wouldn't hold up...

A pmag and a bunch of ammo links are not the same thing. I can see a good lawyer slaying the LCAFD BS there. There won't be an AWB BS because the nostrum of pre/post ban on links is 110% completely ****ing stupid land. [laugh]

-Mike

A pmag and a bunch of ammo links are not the same thing. I can see a good lawyer slaying the LCAFD BS there.

-Mike

Mike, when you link them together they are the same thing. IIRC there was a BATF letter about that back during the Fed Ban . . . unless they were pre-ban links you couldn't legally link more than 10 together. Ridiculous? Of course, but what do you expect when morons pass laws with no understanding of what they are doing!

Well, I just read the story and looked at the picture.

- Looks like real components. Requires LTC or FID even if unloaded.
- >10 links together is a large-cap feeding device per MGL and if not pre-ban a felony to possess. Possession without a LTC is a felony.
- The spiked bracelet is a dangerous weapon per MGL. When I worked for BC PD we used to confiscate them all the time from "visitors" entering the dorms to "party"! Nobody was arrested for them when I was working, but they could have been.

A hammer is a dangerous weapon per MGL, if used as such. Can you site the MGL that makes jewelry and bracelets into weapons? Just trying to figure out what makeup/rings I can wear into Boston without goons giving me a hard time.

A hammer is a dangerous weapon per MGL, if used as such. Can you site the MGL that makes jewelry and bracelets into weapons? Just trying to figure out what makeup/rings I can wear into Boston without goons giving me a hard time.

It's in C. 269 S. 10 as "other weapons". Spiked gloves/bracelets would be treated by LE the same as brass knuckles.

To everyone who says NH is just like MA now, just as blue and to just give up the fight.

No, no it's not.

NH still has laws that protect folks from puss!3s like these in Boston.

- - - Updated - - -

It's in C. 269 S. 10 as "other weapons". Spiked gloves/bracelets would be treated by LE the same as brass knuckles.

LE? Oh, you mean the goons that can't tell jewelry from valid weaponry? Got it....

The LCFD definition if anyone is interested...

MA law...

“Large capacity feeding device”, (i) a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; or (ii) a large capacity ammunition feeding device as defined in the federal Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31) as appearing in such section on September 13, 1994. The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section121

Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. section 921(a)(31)

(b) DEFINITION OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE- Section 921(a) of such title, as amended by section 2(b) of this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following:

‘(31) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’--

‘(A) means--

‘(i) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition; and

‘(ii) any combination of parts from which a device described in clause (i) can be assembled; but

‘(B) does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.’.

Mike, when you link them together they are the same thing. IIRC there was a BATF letter about that back during the Fed Ban . . . unless they were pre-ban links you couldn't legally link more than 10 together. Ridiculous? Of course, but what do you expect when morons pass laws with no understanding of what they are doing!

The catch is proving they're pre-ban links.

There was no requirement to mark individual links, but there was a requirement to mark the packaging.

No packaging... no evidence of pre-ban/post-ban status.

When the ban was in effect, vendors would get around the no more than 10 linked rounds BS by breaking a full belt up into 10 round 'mini' belts.

What the buyer did with them later (link them all back together), was his or her business... proceed at your own peril.

The catch is proving they're pre-ban links.

There is no requirement for the accused to do so. They are not getting him on a postban LCAFD here. About the best they are going to get is "LCAFD without a license" which is 10 times easier to convict on, with a penalty that is equally as bad.

-Mike

There is no requirement for the accused to do so. They are not getting him on a postban LCAFD here. About the best they are going to get is "LCAFD without a license" which is 10 times easier to convict on, with a penalty that is equally as bad.

-Mike

Brain fart... meant to post 'The catch is proving they're post-ban links'. [thinking]

i don't know what you're imagining. i imagine he was being fashionable in his own sense and nothing else.
[rockon]

3d165ebf-17ee-4e94-9106-d35086df234a

PS> i hope someone here knows who that is.

I downloaded some of his side project stuff a while back. I heard it somewhere in the early
90's. View attachment 141832

i don't know what you're imagining. i imagine he was being fashionable in his own sense and nothing else.
[rockon]

3d165ebf-17ee-4e94-9106-d35086df234a

PS> i hope someone here knows who that is.

While I think he should be arrested for a fashion crime, I don't think he should be arrested for the ammunition...

While I think he should be arrested for a fashion crime, I don't think he should be arrested for the ammunition...

only video i could find for "Hell bent for leather" was with Ripper on vocals..... so here's some 80's cheese.....

\m/[rockon]breakinthelawbreakinthelaw[rockon]\m/
[video]https://youtu.be/L397TWLwrUU[/video]

Last edited:
I agree. A high cap feeding device is what it regardless of whether it contains ammo. It's all stupidity, but it IS the law here nonetheless.
Not 100% true. Remember that the standard size AR magazine holds 30 rounds of 5.56, however it holds 10 rounds of .50 Beowulf ammo. Other than a follower, the two magazines are the same.

did they show photos of the actual belt?
if it was fake plastic ammo and fake plastic links, the possession charge would be BS..... but if this guy had real brass, lead and steel (components and LCFD) without a license, then i call bullshit and am going to go buy some post ban AR and glock mags....

and call out companies that won't ship components to me.....

"we need more laws! We need more laws!" they don't enforce the f****** laws we have.....

DA Conley's office corrected the wrong. Can he now dope slap the sheep on the bus and the cops who made the arrest.

It would have been fun to be on the call from the ADA to the police informing them that the charges were dropped. I can only imagine the legal niceties that were used which meant, in essence, "Dude, seriously?"

In MA, merely breathing breaks at least one law if not more! [rolleyes]

never mind wearing a goatee without a license......
i wrote the state house to ask how to apply for one....
they told me that there was no licensing authority and that law wasn't enforced.
i asked how i could go about being appointed as the licensing authority... or alternately if they could send me a list of other laws they weren't enforcing....

never heard back.....

Since charges were dropped, will it remain on his record?
If he were to go apply for an LTC (assuming he doesn't have one) would it show up?

The key argument here appears to be that the replica ammo could not be made or altered for intended use in a firearm. I see that as being no different than carrying a squirt gun, although you are still at risk of being shot. [laugh]

Apparently, the spiked gloves and other scary items were of no concern either.

The charges were dismissed after prosecutors determined the ammunition “could not and weren’t intended to be fired,” a spokesman at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office said Monday.

Since charges were dropped, will it remain on his record?
If he were to go apply for an LTC (assuming he doesn't have one) would it show up?

The arrest will be there unless expunged. Even then, he'd still need to check the box he was arrested. Nice system.

- - - Updated - - -

The key argument here appears to be that the replica ammo could not be made or altered for intended use in a firearm. I see that as being no different than carrying a squirt gun, although you are still at risk of being shot. [laugh]

Apparently, the spiked gloves and other scary items were of no concern either.

And the cops who arrested him could not figure this out?

Back
Top Bottom