Article: Comm2A to Support Lowell Gun Collector

WTG Comm2a! Donation will be inbound.

This state is SAD! Really REALLY sad. [bs1] That's the best they could come up with?? Charging the VICTIM in this crime with illegal explosive manufacturing?? [banghead]
They must have taken the 6 weeks to comb up and down through the laws and apparently he followed all the rules, so they hit him with this?!
ARRRGGGH!! [crying] Does/Could this case have any bearing on issues revolving around suitability, licensing, storage laws, etc. etc. Or is this going to strictly fall onto re-loading?

Last edited:
I hope I didn't just screw up. In my overzealousness I tipped off Lowell Sun reporter Dan Phelps, in an email, about this thread. Hope it's ok.[thinking]

Very disturbing indeed. Once again, this screwed up State and our politically motivated AG are spending our tax dollars to harass and punish a law abiding citizen, when instead they should be focused on the criminals who are increasingly terrorizing our society. Donation gladly sent. Thanks Jesse and Michael for taking on the case. - Indy

This is exactly one of the reasons I moved out of MA.... I grew up there, and reloaded thousands of rounds there... but finally when the laws became so crazy, I moved to NH.... Come on up everyone... you can do whatever you want up here in NH ;-)Stan Sokolowski is being made an example as to how the MA government can abuse the rights of the citizens there. I pray he wins, and he just should sue, sue and sue.Though it won't help here (though I will send in a donation), the NRA gets 25% of my estate.

I'm confused, was he charged for SELLING reloads or simply for reloading?? Dont you need a federal FFL to manufacture ammo for sale? At what point do the feds draw the line with reloading for sale?

Just trying to understand. I am leaving this state shortly anyway for greener pastures, so I'm not sympathetic to Mass...

Mass is getting crazier with these repressive laws and regulations., Most police officers are gun enthusiasts but when it comes down to the wire they have to enforce it....but did Lowell PD have to be so zealous??? So I have to question the politics.

^ the donation link for this specific case has been shut off as they collected enough funds to match the grant. the link by jar goes straight to comm2a general donation page and works fine.

This is exactly one of the reasons I moved out of MA.... I grew up there, and reloaded thousands of rounds there... but finally when the laws became so crazy, I moved to NH.... Come on up everyone... you can do whatever you want up here in NH ;-)Stan Sokolowski is being made an example as to how the MA government can abuse the rights of the citizens there. I pray he wins, and he just should sue, sue and sue.Though it won't help here (though I will send in a donation), the NRA gets 25% of my estate.

I'm with you. This state is FUBAR. I'm moving to NH the second I can find a job there.

I'm with you. This state is FUBAR. I'm moving to NH the second I can find a job there.

Actually, you don't need a job in NH.... I am only a few miles over the line in NH, and have worked all my life in MA (though if you work in Boston, or south or west of it, the commute is miserable). But the rules up here are awesome.... I went to the chief of police to get some NFA signatures, and he said "go buy anything you want" ;-) Though that means I will likely never be able to live in MA again.

I can't find ANYTHING in a google/yahoo search regarding this case. the original article referenced is no longer available. my guess is he was never charged, which is why it's now swept under the rug and there's no info available on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom