Article: NH Residents - Constitutional Carry bill - HB 330 - action needed NOW!

I wrote the NRA and told them to stop meddling where their nose doesn't belong, and if this bill doesn't pass because of them I'll be returning my membership card. I am a lifetime member and this is complete BS. I'm used to them wasting a fair amount of money, but this is a ridiculous intrusion with absolutely no good purpose.

Does anyone have the actual text of the proposed changes? Its hard for me to argue for or against something that I haven't seen yet. Is the NRA proposing something different than HB536 which was tabled until next year? I thought HB536 was less restrictive than HB330. I need some more facts before I pick up my torch and pitchfork.

The NRA amendment was bad. Mandatory NICS checks for licenses going forward. [frown] We need to eliminate the NICS system, not encourage it. Once you are on that "no-buy" list, you are likely to never get off, and there is no such thing as due process in reference to that list.

The Senate Judiciary has recommended to recommit the bill to the Judiciary committee to correct any issues with HB330. The vote by the full Senate is tomorrow. GONH is right most of the time, I'm not sure what happened on this last NRA amendment. As for the NRA... That is why GOA is a better group. Lastly, before people start pulling memberships from GONH, I would do some more research.
The group that put out the email regarding HB330 also worked to kill HB125 and HB536

Rep. Hoell

It's one thing to pick one bill to back from among several similar bills. We have a governor who will veto these bills, so we must make sure the ones that pass can later re-pass with a super-majority in the override session. Anything less is just useless political posturing. But it is quite another thing to try to kill a gun rights bill that already passed the house with over 2/3 majority. That's sour grapes at best. Exaggerating the "problems" with it to continue to fight it is even worse. Bringing in an "amendment" written by outside interests at this stage to derail what's already passed is really bad. Bringing in an "amendment" that ties us to NICS and to changeable federal law is the worst of all. I don't care if they previously made the sun shine. Those moves are exceptional for a "gun rights" organization.

It's one thing to pick one bill to back from among several similar bills. We have a governor who will veto these bills, so we must make sure the ones that pass can later re-pass with a super-majority in the override session. Anything less is just useless political posturing. But it is quite another thing to try to kill a gun rights bill that already passed the house with over 2/3 majority. That's sour grapes at best. Exaggerating the "problems" with it to continue to fight it is even worse. Bringing in an "amendment" written by outside interests at this stage to derail what's already passed is really bad. Bringing in an "amendment" that ties us to NICS and to changeable federal law is the worst of all. I don't care if they previously made the sun shine. Those moves are exceptional for a "gun rights" organization.

I agree this is a mess. I wish the fix had happened in the house and then the bill would have been clean to send to the Senate.
-Design

Another response from my state rep:

"I was ready to vote for HB-330. Unfortunately the three firearms associations wanted more time. We re-referred this bill with a couple of others back to committee to get them done right. "

Very kind of him to reply back, a second time. Sounds like his heart was in the right place. I thanked him for his work, and told him I hope we can get something that works back up for vote soon.

So unfortunate this bill wasn't amicable to the entirety of the pro2a community. [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom