Article: Smith & Wesson reaches out to tell story as gun debate rages

I don't get the push for firearms manufacturers to leave anti states. yes they are hated by their government, but so are you for being a gun owner. I would rather they stay and be part of the fight instead of turning tail and running...Keep running and some day we will all run out of places to run to.

I don't get the push for firearms manufacturers to leave anti states. yes they are hated by their government, but so are you for being a gun owner. I would rather they stay and be part of the fight instead of turning tail and running...Keep running and some day we will all run out of places to run to.

The problem is they don't really put up a fight, they play the "reasonable restriction" card all the time, and the state doesn't give a shit even if they do.

The only thing politicians care about is money, jobs and votes.

They should grow some balls, press the hardline 2A position and leave MA.

Short of that there are plenty of other companies that can have my money.

The idea is to vote with money. S&W is paying at least $15 mil in payroll taxes anually to the state. Then there is the $63 mil paid to local vendors. That is a huge chunk of change and over 2000 jobs to walk away. To go further think of all of the ancilary money to the region from transportation, hotels, and catering for classes, matches, and corporate meetings. Then there is the sales tax revenue from those salaries and travelers. At the end of the day there is over $20 mil in taxes leaving this state based on principle. At the end of the year said state ends up like Detroit. (All of this won't work if the fed bails out said places.)

I doubt S&W will ever leave MA though. They have molded to much of their business model around the leo and gov markets.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The firearms manufacturers are employers and have financial clout. I'm with xtry51 on this. No S&W unless they take a stand.

They need to step it up and be sincere about leaving if these proposals pass. The problem is many of their shareholders are the same Jabronis who want to pass this stuff.

Not a good comparison. One gun owner, or even a few thousand, leave and the antis who run your state will not care. They are more likely to celebrate. S&W leaves and takes 1500 jobs along with lots of individual, property, and corporate tax revenues away, and those politicians will notice and care. That's not even counting the effect of 1500 people not buying stuff, killing off sales taxes and other jobs. S&W is part of the problem if they stay no matter what position they take in the fight.

That's on 291 west in springfield, saw it the other day. On 291 east they have another billboard like that but it says something like "Smith and Wesson has been a business member of the community for 160 years".

JUST LIKE US, THEY WILL BE TAXED OUT OF EXISTENCE. THEN WE WILL ALL WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT. JUST ANOTHER COMMIE COUNTRY ON THE RISE.

Back
Top Bottom