• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Asking for a friend, Framingham process

bfm

NES Member
They are applying in Framingham and were told to drop off paper work and then they would get called for appointment.

Anyone know what the average wait time from drop off to call is? And are they actually doing a back ground check etc to take time off the back end?

I don’t believe the BG check can be initiated until the app is submitted, which is during the interview. So I doubt that’s it; more likely they’re just backlogged.

I don’t believe the BG check can be initiated until the app is submitted, which is during the interview. So I doubt that’s it; more likely they’re just backlogged.

That was the odd part, to me at least. I have heard of places telling you to not even fill out the form as it would be typed in during the interview. In this case they were told to drop off the completed forms first and that once the forms were submitted they would be called later for an appointment.

That was the odd part, to me at least. I have heard of places telling you to not even fill out the form as it would be typed in during the interview. In this case they were told to drop off the completed forms first and that once the forms were submitted they would be called later for an appointment.

Mine did things the same way six years ago. The new LO just types it in after telling you to “familiarize” yourself with the questions. But he did tell me nothing starts officially until the interview.

My PD has its LO doing armorer work, fleet maintenance, and radio programming, accountability, and upgrades. He’s swamped. It’s not right, legally, that LTCs take a backseat, but I can’t say I’m shocked that it happens.

Framingham is getting a new chief so anything anyone knows from previous experience could be completely changing very soon.

The Framingham way was:

1) Drop off app., and supporting docs, per their list (training cert., proof of residence, etc.)
2) come back on a Thursday, for pix and prints and pay.
I have never had an "interview"
3) Wait, till it comes in.

Of course, that was a few years back, so things may have changed.

Here's the link to the FPD FAQ FYI

City of Framingham, MA Official Website

And the current app., showing what they want for docs:

https://www.framinghamma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/23076

The Framingham way was:

1) Drop off app., and supporting docs, per their list (training cert., proof of residence, etc.)
2) come back on a Thursday, for pix and prints and pay.
I have never had an "interview"
3) Wait, till it comes in.

They dropped everything off last month, but so far have not been called back to come in for an appointment.

Think they are waiting to see how new Chief wants to run things?

I’m really not sure on that. They are notoriously slow regardless. However, now with the new chief coming in they will undoubtedly use that as an excuse for their usual delays.. Nothing might change. Everything might change. Who knows.

They dropped everything off last month, but so far have not been called back to come in for an appointment.

AFAIK, the cops don't call you. You have to show up on a Thursday, and the only person other than the clerk at the Records window that you interact with, is the photographer. There's no appointment, you show up, and they do the pix and prints first-come, first-served.

Except for when I moved to town, 25+ years ago, I have had one in-person chat with the LO, and that was when an old-style LTC was mis-typed, an I thanked him for taking care of it, speedily. I had one conversation by phone, when the LO wanted to know why I wanted an FID (renewal) when I had an LTC. "Because there's no law against it," was fine by him. "I was just trying to save you $100," he said....that's reasonable.

If your friend wants to know what's up....they should call, and ask. If you read the how-to in the link I posted above, there's nothing about an "interview."

YMMV...It's been a while, but my oldest needs to renew his FID, then apply for his LTC when he's old enough.

Crap...he used to be little.....[crying] [laugh]

Pro tip....the FPD is NOT a fan of pork products:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56U0Mu9_6Y

They have called, a few times, and left messages. Never heard back, which is what prompted the question.

AFAIK, the cops don't call you. You have to show up on a Thursday, and the only person other than the clerk at the Records window that you interact with, is the photographer. There's no appointment, you show up, and they do the pix and prints first-come, first-served.

Except for when I moved to town, 25+ years ago, I have had one in-person chat with the LO, and that was when an old-style LTC was mis-typed, an I thanked him for taking care of it, speedily. I had one conversation by phone, when the LO wanted to know why I wanted an FID (renewal) when I had an LTC. "Because there's no law against it," was fine by him. "I was just trying to save you $100," he said....that's reasonable.

If your friend wants to know what's up....they should call, and ask. If you read the how-to in the link I posted above, there's nothing about an "interview."

YMMV...It's been a while, but my oldest needs to renew his FID, then apply for his LTC when he's old enough.

Crap...he used to be little.....[crying] [laugh]

Pro tip....the FPD is NOT a fan of pork products:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A56U0Mu9_6Y

They keep the bathroom locked now, a lot of the time anyway, because people have smuggling in produce and other items that will get stuck and flood the bathroom.

They keep the bathroom locked now, a lot of the time anyway, because people have smuggling in produce and other items that will get stuck and flood the bathroom.

Yes, I flushed a banana, I flushed a banana today.
I flushed string beans, and onions
Cabbageses, and scallions,
And all sorts of fruit and say
I flushed an old fashioned to-mah-to
A Long Island po-tah-to

Yes, I flushed a banana, I flushed a banana today.
I flushed string beans, and onions
Cabbageses, and scallions,
And all sorts of fruit and say
I flushed an old fashioned to-mah-to
A Long Island po-tah-to

I'm not kidding! That was what the LO told me a year or so ago. He apologized that I had to wait to wash my hands after prints. (I needed old fashioned cards with ink)

I’m in Tewksbury. Got an appointment for pic and prints 3 months after I dropped off application. From that the BG check was initialized. After the chef signed off, application was sent to FRB. The local PD was totally back logged.

Back
Top Bottom