Asking NES for help for my Mom. Please take a moment to read. Thank you

Hey all,

I have been AWOL for a while. I am in need of some assistance from our community and am hoping some of you may answer the call.

My mother had a stroke on Feb 19. Mom was comatose for the first 3 weeks following the stroke, and then spent every day until October 2nd working hard and recovering in 3 different rehab hosptials. She has regained the use of her speech, is able to eat and drink and laugh but remains paralyzed on her right side. She is also in the midst of a divorce with her husband who has decided to remove my moms access to any joint funds as well as empty her own small personal account. I have been doing my best to watch out for my mom during this period which ultimately meant I had to hire home health aids to the tune of $500 a week. I am not a rich man though I have always had enough for myself. My mother gave me everything as a child, and I feel it is my duty to make sure she will be okay.

My wonderful friends have banded together and donated to this gofundme and have helped to make sure my mom will be okay for the next few months. The page is almost at it's goal and I thought it would be okay to post it here. Sadly, my moms family has decided that they have nothing to contribute which is why I am calling on my fellow gun toting freedom lovers.

Please do not feel any obligations to donate, but if you would share the link around the interwebs I would be eternally grateful. I will make sure to post some NES karma's as a pay it forward.

Thanks again

Most importantly, my mom was once a very talented bullseye shooter before she fell in love with making art. I hope that she will be able to attend one of the upcoming women on targets and get back on the horse!

https://www.gofundme.com/sturdygirlwlm

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for upside down picture

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
I know what you're going through as my father had 2 strokes. Though the other BS is very unfortunate and I hope her ex gets what's coming to him. Good luck and I hope she has a full recovery.

Sorry I am unable make a generous donation to help your mother out, I donated just a small amount, but I can help you find to find someone who can take care of your mom for less than what you pay now. If you are interested please let me know. Any child who help parents at the old age always win my heart. Please keep it up, don't give up, anything you are doing for your mother will COME BACK to you, my friend, do not give up. God bless you

Donated. Best wishes. Glad to help. I've been going through a tough time myself, with my mother, who was just recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

I also rotated your picture for you. Good luck!
b2f6cfee84fffa6c68505aebc83d6d29.jpg

guys and girls, thanks a ton. Beyond words. NES really is a great place for all of us :). Thanks for the picture rotation as well!.

@wpthan - Thank you for contributing nontheless, and thank you for the extra info. I will be in touch! For now though, my moms aid will be remaining with her. She offered mom her services after having worked with her at her last rehab facility for 3 months and they developed a very trusting relationship. Because mom is not mobile on her own and also very proud, she feels somewhat embarrassed when for overall hygiene she requires assistance. Because they work so well together and because my mom deserves comfort, I owe it to her to keep it up until she can handle those things better on her own. I am always happy to explore other options for the future and I thank you greatly for letting me know!

Again, thank you all. I'll put up some juicy karmas this week.

- - - Updated - - -

This has been a difficult situation to navigate but it is made easier by all of your good wishes and donations. thanks again x a million

Donated. Sorry about your mom, but glad she's still with you. Maybe use some of the money to hire a lawyer to go after her shitbag husband?

Thanks both!

Lawyer was hired back in June, and hopefully she will do just that. It's been a slow process thus far, which is what led me to this point of running out of money with no end date in sight.

- - - Updated - - -

Im glad shes still here too :) moms are irreplaceable

Prayers and donation sent. God bless you for being such an amazing son! My heart broke reading your post- praying your mom continues to make progress in her recovery. I am so sorry for all the added stress she has had to contend with in addition to her health. Thinking of you both, sending strength, wellness wishes, hugs, and praying this season of miracles blesses you with one!

Done. Best of luck. God bless and keep you and your family. I'll add you and your mom to my prayers. Wishing your mom a full and speedy recovery. My mom has a minor stroke a few years ago, had partial facial paralysis for a bit but made a full recovery, thank our Lord.
Reps in bound for everyone who's donated so far. Thanks NES for stepping up. God bless you all.

Last edited:
unlimited rep! Haha

i can't say thank you enough to all of you. Getting emotional just reading your responses. Thank you again and I'll check in tomorrow to thank any I've missed.

Prayers inbound for your mother. There are some pretty heated discussions in here some times, but NES has some of the most generous and caring people I have ever met. Kudos for those chipping in to help the family.

Thoughts (and donation) for your mom. You've hit your goal now [grin]

When your mom is back to shooting, you're obligated to post a mom/son photo for us [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom