• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Assault Weapons" & Bumpstocks, What's next?

Speaking obv assault weapons is the Sig Sauer mcx 556 mass legal couple places selling them just asking if someone can pm me about the mcx just wondering about it

I said the same thing ever since 7/20 they are getting brazen. Magazine laws ammo laws bumpstock laws it’s going to be non stop from here on out.
Exactly.
The politicians aren't the brains here, the lobbyists are. They are the ones writing the guidelines to these laws and handing them off to the legislators, and giving directions to the AG and so on.
Passing unlawful laws and edicts only destroys peoples respect for the law, and we become a third world dictatorship. There are so many unintended consequences, and they are all gonna pile up at once and bury this state so it becomes Brazil at best.

Only 2 people in mass have turned in bump stocks..[rofl]

Not sure what the "turn in" thing means. You can not simple cut it up youself and throw it out in the trash? Especially if it is just a homemade board with a big screw sticking out?

3 to 15 years in prison for possession?

Not sure what the "turn in" thing means. You can not simple cut it up youself and throw it out in the trash? Especially if it is just a homemade board with a big screw sticking out?

3 to 15 years in prison for possession?
Thought that it was up to 20. In MA people that rape and murder don't do that much time. All for possession of a piece of plastic that was supposedly (don't have confirmation on this or of anything from LV) used in one crime in the history of this country? Think that the Commie-wealth needs to re-examine its priorities.

Thought that it was up to 20. In MA people that rape and murder don't do that much time. All for possession of a piece of plastic that was supposedly (don't have confirmation on this or of anything from LV) used in one crime in the history of this country? Think that the Commie-wealth needs to re-examine its priorities.

their priorities are simple and well defined: disarm law abiding citizens and make them work harder for hordes of illegal Dim voters.

18 months to Life.

I think that our greatest weakness is lack of unity. There are more gun owners than those who show up at rallies or do all kinds of support. The fact that GOAL only has 20k members is the sad manifestation of this problem.

I think that solution is to recruit more people, not in your own choir, but stepping outside and reaching out of your comfort zone. I don't mean taking people to the range, but talking to other people at the range to see if they support GOAL and Comm2A, two local organizations. I said this before and I'll say it again. If we can raise membership up to 100k, which I believe is 100% doable, even during this one year, we can wield a real power as a united front.

Put yourselves into shoes of politicians. You'll likely serve unions with collective membership of 100s of k vs some group that can only muster 20k members. It's a no brainer. Brown, Faker take the same path. Get elected with support of the right and immediately straddle left. No more compromises.

If there is going to be any success at a local level, gun ownership needs to become a popular issue outside of conservative circles, full stop. There isn't going to be a conservative revolution in MA anytime soon, but minds can change on singular issues. You wouldn't know it from reading this forum's off-topic section, but people with liberal sensibilities do like owning and shooting guns and don't agree with the current state of laws around here. I'm one of these liberals. I grew up shooting bb guns, bought my first rifle on my 18th birthday, and have been shooting my entire adult life (I'm now 28), and I haven't voted republican since John McCain. I'm not a single issue voter, and I won't become one anytime soon. What can organizations like GOAL and NRA do expand their reach? Stop tying themselves to the Republican party on issues that aren't related to guns. I'm not as familiar with GOAL, but the NRA has gone absolutely off the reservation lately with their messaging.

What, exactly, does this video from the NRA have to do with gun rights? Do you see this message have any appeal outside of die-hard conservatives? Seems entirely unhinged to me, sounds like something a dementia addled Michael Savage would say during a cocaine bender.

My entire experience as a gun owner has been largely alienating of anyone who isn't a staunch conservative. The gun shows in South Carolina (where I moved from recently) always have same moon-bats selling fake nazi stuff, confederacy trash, or occasionally your friendly neighborhood John Birch booth (still waiting on that UN invasion from 2009). Guess what, neo-nazi's and conspiracy theories do not test well with the general population.

I have a thick skin to these things, but many people dipping their toes into the world of shooting are turned off by this crap. Gun owner's are digging their own graves by tying gun rights to far-right reactionary politics. Places like GOAL and the NRA should look towards other single-issue advocacy groups that reach across party lines, like FIRE or EFF. There are states where the liberal politicians either like guns, or are too afraid to attack them because even the liberal population like their guns. Vermont comes to mind. We should strive for that.

Ok, rant over, I'll go back to being quiet while everyone jokes about Obama being a tranny crypto-muslim that cooked up his fake birth certificate in Cuba. Hope i can post this before the Soros assassination squad gets me.

Hearts and minds folks, hearts and minds.

Last edited:
Stop tying themselves to the Republican party on issues that aren't related to guns. I'm not as familiar with GOAL, but the NRA has gone absolutely off the reservation lately with their messaging.
Republican party is cucked enough if the NRA tried to split the middle they would be infiltrated and rendered into transvestites in a NY minute. No one actually agrees with the Dems, the Dems openly admit they can only win elections by flooding the country with mud voters. Heritage Americans love guns and hate fags. The gay mafia can create their own gun right groups.

Republican party is cucked enough if the NRA tried to split the middle they would be infiltrated and rendered into transvestites in a NY minute. No one actually agrees with the Dems, the Dems openly admit they can only win elections by flooding the country with mud voters. Heritage Americans love guns and hate fags. The gay mafia can create their own gun right groups.

Do you even hear yourself when you says things like this? Used to be only 13 year olds talking smack called people "cucks". Simpler times I suppose...

Sure, no one likes dems except "mud voters". Myself, like all white Americans, are all-in on open racism. You caught me.

Do you even hear yourself when you says things like this? Used to be only 13 year olds talking smack called people "cucks". Simpler times I suppose...

Sure, no one likes dems except "mud voters". Myself, like all white Americans, are all-in on open racism. You caught me.
Muds, lesbians, fags, and trannies. That is the democrat party base. And that's OK everyone gets a party.

LOL.

Good luck, especially here.

All people care about is being on the winning side of the election, even when that is a virtual impossibility. Asking people to stand up for liberty, stand up for political parties outside of the corrupt traitors we have, "representing" us today is a fool's errand. People care about beating the other guy and, failing that, being able to complain about how the other guy is ruining the world. No one cares about freedom or principles...at least not outside of internet forums, at the voting booth when it actually matters.

There are so many problems with both parties, so many ways they have trashed the constitution...it's been happening in a serious way since Nixon and has accelerated since 911. No one cares. No one is willing to do anything. It's a lost cause.

I would predict ammunition to be honest .ATF almost got something through recently. MA can now do it with no significant friction since the camel is already nose in the tent .

And... Here come the "there is no grand plan, there is just stupid lawblabbers" posts.
I can see the AG trying to ban sale of ammo for all those killy illegal assault weapons you reprobates own.

• When the unilateral 7/20 reinterpretation by the AG occurred, the small number of MA gun owners who were angered responded by complaining on the Internet.
  • When the ridiculous bump stock ban was on the cusp of going into effect, apparently four were surrendered to the state while the small number of MA gun owners who cared complained on the Internet.

Based on that I gather if the state were to compel gun owners to surrender their centerfire semi-automatic carbines or face years in prison, the small number of MA gun owners who weren't fine with that would react by complaining on the Internet.

Seems as if this could happen during the next gubernatorial term. Whether you comply or not is almost irrelevant because you will never be able to take your semi-automatic carbines to the range again legally. It would be naïve to assume the AG, whether Healey or her replacement, would not be up for the legal fight, which would take years.

• When the unilateral 7/20 reinterpretation by the AG occurred, the small number of MA gun owners who were angered responded by complaining on the Internet.
  • When the ridiculous bump stock ban was on the cusp of going into effect, apparently four were surrendered to the state while the small number of MA gun owners who cared complained on the Internet.
Based on that I gather if the state were to compel gun owners to surrender their centerfire semi-automatic carbines or face years in prison, the small number of MA gun owners who weren't fine with that would react by complaining on the Internet.

Seems as if this could happen during the next gubernatorial term. Whether you comply or not is almost irrelevant because you will never be able to take your semi-automatic carbines to the range again legally. It would be naïve to assume the AG, whether Healey or her replacement, would not be up for the legal fight, which would take years.

agreed, and that's assuming that we do nothing. We need to get numbers of GOAL/Com2a up, up to six digits, a doable task but it would take some effort from everyone.

agreed, and that's assuming that we do nothing. We need to get numbers of GOAL/Com2a up, up to six digits, a doable task but it would take some effort from everyone.
I'm sure those orgs do good work. But that's just delaying the inevitable. Time for true believers to get in the ma GOP steer policy and undermine anti candidates from the inside. No one wants a job in the slaughterhouse but that's where the power is.

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. - Joel 3:14

Back
Top Bottom