• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Assault weapons ..

Definition if assault : The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.

definition of weapon: A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.A means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest: "resignation threats are a weapon in his armory".

Definition if assault weapon : scary black Killy rifle

Based on definitions an assault weapon is a gun that screams I'm going to kill you. Politicians keep mistakening battery weapons with assault weapons... Lol

No you can't assault weapons are out of control does that mean my screaming 8 year old who I can lift up and beat people with is actually a assault weapon I can make her kick people and scream at them.

Definition if assault : The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force.

definition of weapon: A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.A means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest: "resignation threats are a weapon in his armory".

Definition if assault weapon : scary black Killy rifle

"an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence"

"A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage"

put it together: Something That causes immediate and personal violence and is used for inflicting bodily harm. No where in the definition does say "for sport" or "for hunting."

Also cracks me up when people are like I support guns but not assault rifles. We may not necessarily need a fully auto AR but hey if I want to she'll out 20,000$ and shoot at paper pumpkins etc and I'm not hurting any one and I'm minding my own business I'm never going to run down the street mowing people down... If you can pass the ATF your clearly a model citizen that wants to shoot targets 9.9/10 times. Ppl who kill ppl are going to kill ppl wether it's with a knife a pencil a golf club you can't stop murder with gun control because murder has never been just with guns. It never will be either it just irks me the ppl that are so against guns most have never fired one. Apparently they also don't realize at some point all civilizations fail through out history there's been the collapse of hundreds if not thousands. America may not always be America there was a civil war a revolutionary war and it may not happen in our lifetime or it may just so that the collapse of our civilization will happen someday. I know I feel more comfortable with the means to protect myself and my family even if all I do is target shoot and nothing like this happens in my lifetime ill know I was prepared for any situation.

if you don't think modern civilizations fail look at Venezuela, Egypt, and many more. Greece is on the verge of complete economic collapse and so isn't most of the European Union. All it takes is us to lose power, food, gas becomes in affordable, stock market severely crashes, severe natural disasters. Any of those can turn us from first world to third world and when people are hungry they'll do whatever it takes to eat.

Last edited:
Where's that .gif with the antelope eating the popcorn?
[insert here]

tumblr_laiko6XCA21qczbnlo1_250.gif

"an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence"

"A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage"

put it together: Something That causes immediate and personal violence and is used for inflicting bodily harm. No where in the definition does say "for sport" or "for hunting."

Where in the Second amendment does it mention "sport" or "hunting"? I must have missed that.

I've spent a bit of time cruising anti pages on Facebook asking them to please define in their words what an "Assault Weapon" is....That went over well [rolleyes]

Where in the Second amendment does it mention "sport" or "hunting"? I must have missed that.

I wasnt quoting the second ammendment, but if you want me to, read the first words in the second amendment.

"a well regulated militia"

I didnt know a well regulated militia was considered an individual person. I always thought a well regulated militia was an organization (state national guard unit, for example) that is well regulated, (chain of command, for example).

"being necessary for the security of a free state"

NECESSARY.. this is why we have "citizen/soldiers" or minute men, back in the day. We have national guardsman who train one weekend a month, so when it becomes necessary to defend the security of the free state.

"we stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the united states in close combat."

Thats my interpretation, but like I said, I want my guns at homr, and so do you, and I dont have any problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom