Assembled myself. (AR involved)

widnerkj

NES Member
My LGS is usually good for spotting an odd part, and getting ideas. Plus that man is a genius! He opened a gun shop next to a nail salon. You know, so you can drop the old lady off for a manicure, and then go shopping.
Anyway, I spotted a stripped 9mm upper. No hole for gas tube, slick side. And I thought to myself, “hey self, those CMMG .22 lr setups are recoil operated. And I do have a spare seekins precision hand guard....”. Well, I’m sure you fine folks know where I’m going with this. I figured a dedicated rimfire upper was a good plan of action. So I grabbed that upper, and hopped on CMMGINC.com and ordered a 16” rimfire barrel and bolt assembly. Then rooted around in my ammocan of spare AR bits and pieces. I slapped it on my A2 lower that I did a while back due to bootcamp nostalgia. (20” A2 is a fine one to have laying around.) It’s a fine little shooter. Though it does HATE the super cheap “freedom bucket” ammo. I really dig having the proper twist rate to get good accuracy out of the .22. And that I’m not gunning up one of the nicer barrels.

The cheap irons may eventually come off, but I kind of like it a lot like it is.

60B21577-F731-44F7-A4F4-1FD5CE61F715.jpeg

Nice little plinker. A lot of semi-autos hate the cheap bucket stuff. Just find the right stuff and it should run all day long.

my cheap AR22 upper hates the cheap stuff too. But I only have it to prove my 22 lower was originally a full 22 and i only swapped the upper to 223 and 9mm for fun afterwards..
So it sits in the safe..
When it does work, it is a lot of fun to shoot.

A lot of semi-autos hate the cheap bucket stuff.
yeah, right...the only .22 i have that eats anything is one of those walther made m&p .22 pistols. even my 10/22s get finicky. and i have a lot of junk ammo. shit, i bought it when the shortage was in full swing. i wasn't too picky then with virtually no selection. i imagine a lot of others weren't either.

Because as fun as a shorty 9mm upper would be for my blackout pistol. I wanted a .22 for plinking while walking around here. And a 16” .22 honestly doesn’t need hearing protection.

Back
Top Bottom