ATF: 422.7 million guns in US; 17.7 million AR15s & AK47s

Glockster30

NES Member
Did a search:

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation that crunched the ATF numbers. there are 422.7 million guns in the US (1.2 for every person); 17.7 million AR15s & AK47s; in 2018, 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition were produced.

New federal data shows that there are 422.9 million firearms in circulation, or about 1.2 guns for every person in the country.

What’s more, despite years of criticism of modern “assault-style” rifles such as the AR-15 and AK-47, there are a record 17.7 million in private hands, proving that it is the most popular gun around.

And last year alone, the arms industry produced 8.1 billion rounds of ammunition.

17 million ARs and Aks seems low considering the AR has been the best selling rifle every year since the AWB sunset in 2004. They are the Honda/Toyota of rifles now.

Maybe they're talking about complete rifles sold by manufacturers. Not including ones people put together on their own. Either from stripped lowers, or 80% lowers.

I have to wonder, what percentage of that 17.7 million count is just NES members. ;)

Maybe they're talking about complete rifles sold by manufacturers. Not including ones people put together on their own. Either from stripped lowers, or 80% lowers.

I have to wonder, what percentage of that 17.7 million count is just NES members. ;)
I believe 17.7 Million AR's/AK's were just NES Members, Green Members.

17 million ARs and Aks seems low considering the AR has been the best selling rifle every year since the AWB sunset in 2004. They are the Honda/Toyota of rifles now.
The AK is more like the Honda/Toyota. The AR is a Ford.

I'm surprised they finally updated the numbers, they've been using that 300m number since the 90's, I knew it was a lot higher than that.

Do I hear the sound of more liberal heads exploding ???

No one’s head is exploding. They go to their safe space and repeat to themselves that once guns are outlawed, every law abiding citizen will turn them in since there really is only about 10,000 people with guns and all the guns in America will magically disappear and only the cops and military will have guns.

Crime will go to zero, colleges will now be free, no one will work, the only thing killed will be the unwanted babies.

Wonder if they counted anything counted as "firearms" like the Shockwave in the mix of statistics.

they will use those numbers to show that the popularity of those rifles is low. This will be their rational for a confiscation/buyback and then ultimately a ban.

More lies/fake news about the numbers to push the agenda to ban those types of rifles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom