• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Agent Gets Arrested, Video from Officer Cams

That's true but I don't think anyone here should be absolved of blame I mean if you start to look at it critically this is like a tolerance stacking fail / retard conference problem.... with the end result of those usually being a shitshow.... it's kind of like breaking all the gun safety rules simultaneously nothing will save you from crashing at that point....
Yup. The only thing missing was a gunshot(s)

You must have missed the earlier post about the resident calling the PD with the agents info? Where/how did you determine that he refused to present ID to the resident?
Did you watch the video where time and again he told the cop that where his credentials were at? He also did have a gun pointed at him which is not the best time to be reaching into pockets to get ID.
Cop #1 is a pussy and afraid of his own shadow.
Maybe I missed that. Still ... a dude shows up in plain clothes, or even uniform, I call 911 for impersonation. Its not lkke it never happened before.

The dude should have been cool about it and have his badge ready. The ATF agent acted like a moron. Maybe everyone acted like a moron, but having his badge on his hand and laying down and cooperating would have been the easy way out.

You need to go to other sources to get more of the back story. The ATF agent DID identify to the occupant of the house as ATF and provided his badge number which was read to the CPD dispatcher. The CPD dispatcher chose to dispatch multiple officers to the scene even knowing they had a confirmed ATF agent present. That caused the cluster f***.

CPD then escalated whether through ignorance by the officer (failure of dispatch to inform) or through thuggary.
Yes, provided badge number but apparently did not actually show his credentials. He sure as hell didn't to the local po-po and towards the end of the video you can see that he had forgotten about the ID on the lanyard that was hidden inside his shirt. Also trying to force his way in alone and without a warrant is both sketchy and I assume illegal.

If the above post about him getting busted for stealing 4 bottles of wine is true then my assessment of him having a substance problem fits.

I've seen in person some giant size Bubbas on booze and meth act more reasonably when confronted by the cops. I agree with Broc, this ATF guy was a c#nt.

Yeah, we're not going to be in agreement on this one. Could care less that he's ATF. From the PD's perspective, there was an armed 'perp' attempting to gain (force?) entry into an apartment without properly identifying as LEO. There are multiple things to observe in the video that support this such as comments that he was trying to open the door without permission to enter and no apparent warrant. ATF guy even forgot about his ID on the lanyard until it was too late- he could have worn that externally. When the cops arrived he was uncooperative to the point it was illogical. He was behaving as if he was impaired- either mentally or via some substance. He looked a bit like your typical dirtbag and not professional at all. Also his manner of resisting was classic dirtbag, "I have a medical condition! My wife's pregnant! I can't breath!" and other assorted BS like fighting the officers trying to put him in the vehicle. If I were that guy's supervisor and saw that particular body cam footage I'd have demanded a drug and alcohol test on the spot. Honestly, he looks and acts like a drunk or a druggie. Either that or he's having a psychological problem.

Given the circumstances, I find no fault in how the local PD handled the situation. Everyone went home without surprise ventilation despite the sketchy behavior from the ATF guy.
This.

Walk up.
Yell let me see your hands
let me see your hands

I am a federal agent. (has his hands up)
ok let me see your hands
I need to see some ID! (AT 19 seconds gun pointed at him)
Get on the GROUND! (at 20 seconds)
REPEAT
Why did you not show me your ID (at 37 seconds)

The command was show your hands
Next command was I need ID
ONE second later was get on the ground

At one point he said I have my ID to show.
He points to ID
Officer tightens grip on gun and aims (DO NOT REACH)

Also "I have a medical condition" "please do not do this". "my wife is pregnant"
This guy is such a bitch.

Solution to this was at 20 seconds get on the ground.. Just like however may people he did that to in the opposite position.

IMPOSSIBLE commands to follow correctly without reaching with a gun pointing at you and one second to think and act
He was 20 feet away. How do you show ID while keeping hands visible in one second from 20 feet away
Just the typical escalation
It is interesting because it is not a normal citizen

Also everyone involved is so out of shaped. It is literally a factor on the chances of surviving the job. And they are all slobs lol

ATF guy is 100% going to get paid
Normal citizen would not be getting paid

Last edited:
One would think that if ATF guy didn't have visible credentials when the PD showed up that they also weren't visible to the person inside the house. If you're knocking on someone's door to take their guns away it should be clear as day that you're LE. How about a protective vest w/ LE creds very visible? I saw none of that, only that he had papers in his hand. The Cop was too far away when he first approached to be able to determine that he was LE (you can blame dispatch all you want, but it's not the responding officer's problem). The proper thing would have been for ATF to comply right away and sort it out later, of all people he should know what the scene looked like to a fellow LE particularly when he didn't have the courtesy to inform them he was going to be there.

I didn’t watch the video, no need I’ve seen it firsthand before and already understand how f***ed up Fed/Local LE can be on the reg. Embarrassing to say the least.

I will say that the entire situation could’ve been avoided if the Fed had simply called the locals and asked for a uniform to accompany him since he’s in plain clothes, or at the very least made the same call as a heads up that he’s working and will be at ‘this’ address if anything goes to shit. Pretty easy to avoid the f***ery, but ego’s and turf always take precedence to the populations safety.

I know that my home town has agreements with the surrounding PDs that when they stray across town lines they contact the other department and advise them on what/why they're doing there. Whether that's universal or applies between the strata of local/state/fed agencies I haven't the foggiest.

But it does seem to be common sense that you (the atf guy in this case) coulda/shoulda made a call ahead of time...

DEFUND DA POLICE!

It changes your reaction to the facts as they appear on video. You are angry cause a fellow LEO got an unjustified cop gun in the face. Us peasants have worked through all the stages of grief and just expect this sort of thing to happen because it does. And when it happens to a LEO and they get all huffy about it it is funny to us, cause we were all outraged about this stuff several decades ago, and have long since moved on. If the cops don't know you are a cop you better act like a peasant.
This about both the video but also what preceded it. Your assumption is wrong. You made an assumption that you thought helped your position that is steeped in bias against police and the ATF. I get it. 90% of this forum is anti police and 99% is anti ATF. Does not make it correct or rational.

We all don't want to be judged crazy because a few gun owners are bat shit crazy yet most on this forum will judge all law enforcement because a few are bad actors. The hypocrisy would be comical if not so sad.

For me this is about the over the top behavior by the CPD and the fact that it is unacceptable. There seems to be a thread here that because the person they were over the top with is an ATF agent its ok. Hmm. interesting premise.

I haven't read every post in this thread, so maybe it's already been discussed about the ability for an ATF agent to go to your home to seize a firearm. If not, my question is that once the FBI notifies the ATF that someone should have been prohibited or denied from buying a gun, can the ATF just go to the home without a warrant to seize it? The agent in the OP says he does it all the time.

This about both the video but also what preceded it. Your assumption is wrong. You made an assumption that you thought helped your position that is steeped in bias against police and the ATF. I get it. 90% of this forum is anti police and 99% is anti ATF. Does not make it correct or rational.

We all don't want to be judged crazy because a few gun owners are bat shit crazy yet most on this forum will judge all law enforcement because a few are bad actors. The hypocrisy would be comical if not so sad.

For me this is about the over the top behavior by the CPD and the fact that it is unacceptable. There seems to be a thread here that because the person they were over the top with is an ATF agent its ok. Hmm. interesting premise.
You are a LEO and bent because a LEO got treated like a peasant. It is clear as day. No one else thinks it is right but it is common for non-LEO to be treated that way and it has been going on for so long we don't get upset about it. And we laugh when there is a little blue on blue bad policing. So sad he didn't get brotherly love extra legal treatment. You may not get speeding tickets but you are not immune to getting a beat down from a cop if you act stupid before positively identifying yourself as a fellow traveler.

You are a LEO and bent because a LEO got treated like a peasant. It is clear as day. No one else thinks it is right but it is common for non-LEO to be treated that way and it has been going on for so long we don't get upset about it. And we laugh when there is a little blue on blue bad policing. So sad he didn't get brotherly love extra legal treatment. You may not get speeding tickets but you are not immune to getting a beat down from a cop if you act stupid before positively identifying yourself as a fellow traveler.
I am not LEO and you are incorrect about my thought process. This is purely unemotional for me but not so much for you it seems. If you doubt my LEO status ask @EddieCoyle or @drgrant or many others here that know me well in person. I don't share your irrational hatred of authority. I don't like it on principal, but the people I judge individually.

I am not LEO and you are incorrect about my thought process. This is purely unemotional for me but not so much for you it seems. If you doubt my LEO status ask @EddieCoyle or @drgrant or many others here that know me well in person. I don't share your irrational hatred of authority. I don't like it on principal, but the people I judge individually.
Is this the first time you've seen cops and people interact poorly? No one is saying it is right, but almost no one is surprised. And some are amused because it happened to a shoplifting ATF agent.

Is this the first time you've seen cops and people interact poorly? No one is saying it is right, but almost no one is surprised. And some are amused because it happened to a shoplifting ATF agent.
I assume you just enjoy missing my point and attributing other motivations to me. My reaction is to CPD and the fact that I hope they are f***ed. I am not amused by the ATF agent getting sideways with CPD because I am not amused by anyone getting dealt with that way. The fact that you find amusement over an individual getting abused like that for doing his job because he works for the ATF does not say anything good about you. I know lots of employees of the ATF and 99% of them are good people. They put their pants one leg at a time just like we do. They live in a a house in a neighborhood and have families.

What I take from the video (combined with the back story) is that CPD has a problem and should lose a lot of money. Am I surprised by what happened? Only a little.

If 99% of ATF are great people how do the 1% get away with so much? Do the police have qualified immunity against the feds? ATF thug was a jerk to jerk cops and got wrung out, in the grand scheme of police misbehavior this is pretty low on the GAF scale.

How does running a stop sign compare to a clearly armed person who might be impersonating a police officer and is refusing to cooperate?

I'm totally OK with the way the cops handled that. ATF guy looks a little disheveled and sketchy- not professional at all. Appears that he saw the patrol vehicle coming, so he could have pulled out his credentials ahead of time and had them ready by the time the cop exited his vehicle. ATF guy's behavior and communication was 'off' too- not so different than how a mentally ill or drugged up person might handle a LEO encounter. Once on the ground he continued to resist, so I find no fault with the tazing. The "I have a medical condition! My wife is pregnant!" behavior as he was put in the vehicle makes him look even more like a nut job.

Honestly, I find it disappointing and a little depressing that the ATF hires such dipsh!ts.
You shouldn't be surprised though.
It's been their M.O. for a very long time.
This guy is weak sauce compared to some of the headcases they employ.
At least no women or children were killed.

I assume you just enjoy missing my point and attributing other motivations to me. My reaction is to CPD and the fact that I hope they are f***ed. I am not amused by the ATF agent getting sideways with CPD because I am not amused by anyone getting dealt with that way. The fact that you find amusement over an individual getting abused like that for doing his job because he works for the ATF does not say anything good about you. I know lots of employees of the ATF and 99% of them are good people. They put their pants one leg at a time just like we do. They live in a a house in a neighborhood and have families.

What I take from the video (combined with the back story) is that CPD has a problem and should lose a lot of money. Am I surprised by what happened? Only a littl

What I take from the video (combined with the back story) is that CPD has a problem and should lose a lot of money. Am I surprised by what happened? Only a little.
You may well , but the actions of the agency overwhelmingly refute that statement.
That 1% must go out on every case they are involved in.
We could start a mega thread on the abuse they have heaped on the gun community.

One would think that if ATF guy didn't have visible credentials when the PD showed up that they also weren't visible to the person inside the house. If you're knocking on someone's door to take their guns away it should be clear as day that you're LE. How about a protective vest w/ LE creds very visible? I saw none of that, only that he had papers in his hand. The Cop was too far away when he first approached to be able to determine that he was LE (you can blame dispatch all you want, but it's not the responding officer's problem). The proper thing would have been for ATF to comply right away and sort it out later, of all people he should know what the scene looked like to a fellow LE particularly when he didn't have the courtesy to inform them he was going to be there.
Exactly.

I won't be surprised if this particular ATF agent has a documented shitbird history. If that's the case, I doubt he gets the big payout he thinks he'll get. Based on the video, if I were on the jury I'd hang up the verdict if everyone else wanted to give him money. I'm not kidding nor exaggerating when I say I've seen Bubbas with long rap sheets act more responsibly to the cops even while they are sh!tfaced drunk and also on meth.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with some sort of 'vendetta' attitude against the ATF as others would like to assume. The guy acted like a POS and was handled accordingly.

You shouldn't be surprised though.
It's been their M.O. for a very long time.
This guy is weak sauce compared to some of the headcases they employ.
At least no women or children were killed.

Maybe he'd be a perfect fit for the FBI HRT? Of course that assumes he can qualify on the mother holding infant target at 200 yards.

Sarcasm aside, that's massively concerning that they hire bigger head cases than this cretin.

I guess you are intentionally missing the point. CPD are thugs and should pay. The fact that the person they abused this time was an ATF agent does not change my opinion one way or another. He did not deserve it and no one deserves it. The fact that CPD had more than enough information to avoid the issue and that the escalation was totally unnecessary means there is some chance of fixing this.

Maybe he'd be a perfect fit for the FBI HRT? Of course that assumes he can qualify on the mother holding infant target at 200 yards.

Sarcasm aside, that's massively concerning that they hire bigger head cases than this cretin.
If you look into the lead up to Waco it will make your head spin.
Not one bit of that was justified.
The local Sheriff told them if they wanted Koresh he would pick him up for them with no problem.
The guy jogged every morning and he would just snag him then out away from the place alone on some back road.
"Nope , MYOB , we got this "
They got it alright .
It was later determined after denials on their part that they did in fact fire the first shot .
When he answered the door (Unarmed by the way ) they told him they wanted to come in and search .
He said nope and started to shut the door.
They shot him.
The rest is history.

Like i said in a previous post , they think it's funny as hell trying to entrap, set up and frame innocent gun owners.
This is from a friend who heard it directly .
They made an impression on the other LE there , just not the one they thought.

Crackpot gave me a speeding ticket once. 100% LEO.

lol ... Just kidding.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I'll bet anything that this federal overlord would think nothing about taking a 100 pound woman, wrenching her arms till they break and knocking out 5 of her teeth on the sidewalk. That guy got off lucky. It could have been a deadly encounter.

Now that's a damn shame .
Not.
There are some folks in Waco that might have gotten a chuckle out of that if they weren't dead.
He went into little bitch mode real quick.
I've told this one before but it bears repeating.

A friend who was military LE went to a multi agency training years ago and was so disgusted by the these clowns he said it was sickening to be around them.
Bragging about how they set up innocent gun owners and so on like the other agencies were supposed to be impressed with their antics .
What did he do about it?

Back
Top Bottom