• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF called and left a message about firearms theft from a FFL in Hillsborough County NH

When I first heard “This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.” I thought for sure they were about to do a FFL inspection. Heart started racing even though all my ducks are in a row lol

When you get these calls and emails, do they just notify you that there was a burglary of an FFL in the area, or do they give details such as specific guns and S/N's to look for if someone tries to sell them to you ???

Full Text of email, each was worded slightly differently but same message, Voicemails were similar computer generated messages:

ATF FFL Alert- FFL Burglary in Hillsborough County, NH
This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of your inventory and property, and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-367-5762 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen.

When I first heard “This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.” I thought for sure they were about to do a FFL inspection. Heart started racing even though all my ducks are in a row lol
ducks-following-dog.jpg

Listening to the Police Radio traffic tonight and heard two directed patrols at two of the three retail locations in Merrimack NH tonight. Guess they're taking it seriously.

Listening to the Police Radio traffic tonight and heard two directed patrols at two of the three retail locations in Merrimack NH tonight. Guess they're taking it seriously.
Hmmm.. there’s a well known Copycat shooter effect, but is there a similar gun shop smash and grab effect too? I suppose spree bank robbers suggest a spree gun shop possibility. But I’ve never heard of a string of gun shop "mass gun thefts".

Sounds more like…cows are out of the barn at Borden’s Farm - everyone check your barn doors!

My phone was off so it went to voicemail. The voicemail transcribed the message so it helps to see if it’s spam before you listen to it.

Edit:
I just went back and checked the old email, and I see now that one was in Rockingham County, and one in Hillsborough County.
Never mind 🤷

Back
Top Bottom