ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

JRT

NES Member
Ignoring the shutdown days of course.

Form 1: eFile SBR

Pending: 12/11/18

Approved: 1/30/19

Standardized wait: 50 days

State: PA

SBR’ed a Sig MPX pistol.

Last edited:
So I submitted 3 form 1’s via eForms as an individual.

Submitted: 2/12
Prints received: 2/19
Approvals received*: 2/28

*They approved 2 out of 3 of my form 1’s. Haven’t heard about the third one yet. All for the same type (suppressors).

eFiled individual SBR Form 1 back in March. Approved in 15 days. I was nervous about my own semi-crappy finger print job. I thought they might reject it for not being done well enough or the 1 faint smudge I had on one copy, but I guess it was good enough. Without joking, self-finger printing is one of the harder things I've ever done. Went through a whole 10 pack of cards just to get 2 OK copies. My fingers just didn't want to bend enough to get clean rolls.

eFiled individual SBR Form 1 back in March. Approved in 15 days. I was nervous about my own semi-crappy finger print job. I thought they might reject it for not being done well enough or the 1 faint smudge I had on one copy, but I guess it was good enough. Without joking, self-finger printing is one of the harder things I've ever done. Went through a whole 10 pack of cards just to get 2 OK copies. My fingers just didn't want to bend enough to get clean rolls.
Damn bro! U beat my record. My fastest time was 18 days for an approval, lol! Have some fun!!!

So I'm going to stop being a slouch and finally eForm1 a lower. Can I use the electronic figerprints I have saved with SilencerShop's kiosk, or am I required to mail in cards?

So I'm going to stop being a slouch and finally eForm1 a lower. Can I use the electronic figerprints I have saved with SilencerShop's kiosk, or am I required to mail in cards?

I've only done one so far, so take this with a grain of salt: There wasn't any specific section of the eFile Form 1 online application that asked for fingerprints as far as I recall. There is a general "upload" section towards the end of the application, but I believe that is for additional files that may be required if you have to explain any section where you answered a question that could disqualify you from approval. In the instructions set, it said that after you file online, you will get an email if your application requires fingerprints. That email contains instructions on how to send them. When the email came through, mine was just a PDF with the mailing address to send the cards.

TL:DR - I think you just have to mail in cards, but I'm all ears if you can send them digitally.

Fingerprint cards have to be mailed in. I roll my own prints with the correct cards provided by the BATF and send them in with the email that you receive when your eForm 1 has been submitted.

Never used SilencerCo eForm service. I'd read on reddit that they may release the fingerprints to you to use but I don't know much more about it.

give SS a call and they will mail you a set for$15. Another option is mail one fingerprint card to esilencers. They will send digital print cards to you. Their price is $10 for 2 sets

Mine took about 15 days as well. And I forgot to attach my damn LTC to the application when I submitted. Got an email asking about it, I sent a pic over and it was approved 5 minutes later.

Mine took about 15 days as well. And I forgot to attach my damn LTC to the application when I submitted. Got an email asking about it, I sent a pic over and it was approved 5 minutes later.

Must be a new thing. I know that if one was submitting and AR / AK they wanted copy of the FA-10 to show it was registered prior the 7/20.

Must be a new thing. I know that if one was submitting and AR / AK they wanted copy of the FA-10 to show it was registered prior the 7/20.

Just want to dispel a few myths:
1. BATFE DOES NOT (currently) require copies of FA-10 forms in order to prove pre 7/20/16 ownership - this past practice is no longer in place
2. Any current FBI fingerprint card (current version!) will be accepted as long as prints are legible (you DO NOT need to use the cards with pre-filled BATFE ORI). You can even use a card with a different pre-filled ORI if that is all your local PD offers. BATFE contractors will put a sticker on the card with the proper ORI upon receipt.
3. BATFE does not care about your LTC other than verifying that you have submitted a picture of one that has not expired - restrictions, address, issuing city/town etc. do not matter to them.
4. Form 20’s submitted via email are taking the same amount of time to process as Form 1’s. I recommend submitting a form 20 as soon as you have a stamp in hand (if necessary).

PM with any further questions.

Do you need to submit a passport picture with the prints? I'm good to go on finger prints. I'm going to file for an SBR this week.

You upload the pic during the eForm submission. When you finalize the process you will get an email that you just print out and submit with 2 copies of your prints on ATF stock.

No LEO sign off on prints? How do they know the prints are actually yours?
Not trying to be a dick But don’t you think they’ll know the prints are yours when they run them and match your name and your social to your picture ID that you sending... if for some strange reason the federal government has no idea who you are and doesn’t have your fingerprints you might need to call the ATF if you don’t get approved within I would say 30 days.

eForm submitted this morning. Prints done and paperwork printed out. Just have to get to the post office on my way home today and everything should be all set.

What are you you doing, SBR or Suppressor, give some details! Approvals are going fast right now, I just had a 9 day approval and a friend of mine just had his approved in 7 days!

What are you you doing, SBR or Suppressor, give some details! Approvals are going fast right now, I just had a 9 day approval and a friend of mine just had his approved in 7 days!

SBRing a lower. I've got a 10.5" upper sitting on my fixed-mag pistol lower right now that will sit on this when the stamp comes.

AR pistol with fixed Mag? (In mass )

Back
Top Bottom