ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

Applied 7/24
Fingerprints mailed 7/28

Just received a disapproval yesterday. I didn’t notice the email until this morning and the eforms site is down for maintenance on Wednesday’s. I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see the details.

I tried searching the forum to see if anyone has had kickback from fingerprint quality? I thought I did them pretty well, but if not...do I need to go through the entire form again? Or will it show something to the effect of ‘fingerprints inefficient’ where I can re-submit?

Applied 7/24
Fingerprints mailed 7/28

Just received a disapproval yesterday. I didn’t notice the email until this morning and the eforms site is down for maintenance on Wednesday’s. I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to see the details.

I tried searching the forum to see if anyone has had kickback from fingerprint quality? I thought I did them pretty well, but if not...do I need to go through the entire form again? Or will it show something to the effect of ‘fingerprints inefficient’ where I can re-submit?

Once it’s disapproved you will have to resubmit. I’ll be shocked if it was the prints, as long as you didn’t drag them they are pretty forgiving on prints.

Once it’s disapproved you will have to resubmit. I’ll be shocked if it was the prints, as long as you didn’t drag them they are pretty forgiving on prints.

man that’s such a bummer. I’m fine with re-applying but I want to see the details. I can access the portal tonight after 6pm. When you re-apply, I assume you go through the entire process again? Sending CLEO copy, etc?

man that’s such a bummer. I’m fine with re-applying but I want to see the details. I can access the portal tonight after 6pm. When you re-apply, I assume you go through the entire process again? Sending CLEO copy, etc?

Sadly you will start over from the beginning. I don’t want to discourage you from calling or using ask the experts, you should try. I’ve never seen an disapproval reversed.

Just got approved. July 24th application, approved August 11th. I bought the lower brand new the day before I applied. The lower I submitted has only been on the market since may. It is a new product in case anybody is wondering if ATF cares about lower manufacture and purchase dates from MA.

Congratulations. And I promise you the ATF dgaf. [laugh]

What's the deal with application photos. I got some passport pictures a couple of years ago that I used for a Form 1 back then. Do I need fresh pictures? Will they notice (and care) that I used the same pictures as before?

Submitted my first two form 1 apps via efile July 18. Did my own prints fwiw. Received email approval August 3. Have been waiting like a retard for the stamps to be mailed to my house. Stumbled across a post on NES just by chance last night explaining that if you efile you dont get any paperwork back, lol. Soo...im done I guess, lol.

16 calendar days, did my own prints, bathroom selfie, pre Healy receivers for whatever thats worth.

What's the deal with application photos. I got some passport pictures a couple of years ago that I used for a Form 1 back then. Do I need fresh pictures? Will they notice (and care) that I used the same pictures as before?
I can't imagine they care and would have the time to look/compare your photos lol. But I could be wrong.

You can try calling/emailing them? They were VERY good/fast at responding to my emails. [email protected]
Just include the permit/control number in the subject line.

Sadly you will start over from the beginning. I don’t want to discourage you from calling or using ask the experts, you should try. I’ve never seen an disapproval reversed.

SCRATCH THAT.
I just was able to open a PDF copy of my disapproved application with a page that has ‘reason for disapproval’ at the bottom and it says in red letters. ‘MA STATE ISSUED LTC PERMIT REQUIRED. REFUND IN PROGRESS’

I have a valid LTCA in MA that was just renewed in 2018 and will expire in 2024. Why would I be disapproved because of that? Now I’m extremely confused...

Last edited:
SCRATCH THAT.
I just was able to open a PDF copy of my disapproved application with a page that has ‘reason for disapproval’ at the bottom and it says in red letters. ‘MA STATE ISSUED LTC PERMIT REQUIRED. REFUND IN PROGRESS’

I have a valid LTCA in MA that was just renewed in 2018 and will expire in 2024. Why would I be disapproved because of that? Now I’m extremely confused...
I was just about to ask you if you uploaded a copy of your LTC under the electronic documents section of the application. I forgot and someone in this thread reminded me. I luckily got it in before my application was reviewed.

That's lame they won't let you just upload a copy of LTC.

I was just about to ask you if you uploaded a copy of your LTC under the electronic documents section of the application. I forgot and someone in this thread reminded me. I luckily got it in before my application was reviewed.

Ugh man that is so frustrating. I almost uploaded it with the application but didn’t think it was required. I had it in my hand when I was gathering everything to put in the form but I followed that tutorial video of the submittal process and didn’t include the LTC with it.

well. I guess I’ll be re-filing[angry]

Yeah, that's weird. Usually in the past they just emailed you and said: "Hey, we need a copy of your LTC."

Applied 7/24
Fingerprints mailed 7/28

Did you get an email from an ATF examiner? I was disapproved a few weeks ago and received a personal email from the form examiner explaining what was wrong, after reaplying the next day and fixing my mistake she forwarded my old fingerprints to the new form.

Did you get an email from an ATF examiner? I was disapproved a few weeks ago and received a personal email from the form examiner explaining what was wrong, after reaplying the next day and fixing my mistake she forwarded my old fingerprints to the new form.

i didnt. i got the original disapproved email. and i sent an inquiry email to ask about the disapproval and havent heard back unfortunately. im going to re-apply this weekend, just a pain that you cant just go in and upload a copy of your LTC after the fact.

I just talked to NFA about what he holdup was.

I efiled in June and it was submitted a month later.

I sent the prints in a month ago.

I called up today and they said it's taking 60 days.

So much for the 3 week turn around.

I just talked to NFA about what he holdup was.

I efiled in June and it was submitted a month later.

I sent the prints in a month ago.

I called up today and they said it's taking 60 days.

So much for the 3 week turn around.

Sonofabitch. 32 days in......halfway there to the new lead-time.[crying]

I just had an approval Monday for two eForm 1s and they were at 19 days. If you follow any of the NFA trackers the time frame currently is solidly between 18 and 26 days.
Same here. E file in mid July. 16 calendar days to approval.

I just had an approval Monday for two eForm 1s and they were at 19 days. If you follow any of the NFA trackers the time frame currently is solidly between 18 and 26 days.
Same here. E file in mid July. 16 calendar days to approval.

Or I’m in background check hell. Submitted 7/24. Prints delivered 7/27.

eForm 1 are getting faster, if you've been thinking about doing that SBR or Form 1 silencer, do it.

Form 1: eFile

Pending: 08/24/20

Approved: 09/04/20

Standardized wait: 12 days

State: PA

SBR: Q Sugar Weasel

Back
Top Bottom