ATF eForm 1 mega thread. Process and approvals!

looking to submit an eForm 1 for an sbr and I'm sure the answer is in this thread but I can't seem to find it with the search. I have 2 sets of prints done at my local pd on the electronic scanner and under reason it's stated "BYLAWS MGL CHAPTER 6 SECTION 172B1/2". I'm assuming these wont suffice? I ordered some FD-258 cards with an ink pad to do my own just in case, but if the ones I have will work I'd rather get the ball rolling today.

looking to submit an eForm 1 for an sbr and I'm sure the answer is in this thread but I can't seem to find it with the search. I have 2 sets of prints done at my local pd on the electronic scanner and under reason it's stated "BYLAWS MGL CHAPTER 6 SECTION 172B1/2". I'm assuming these wont suffice? I ordered some FD-258 cards with an ink pad to do my own just in case, but if the ones I have will work I'd rather get the ball rolling today.
Are the scanned fingerprints printed on an FD-258? I scan my prints at a Silencer Shop kiosk and then they print them on an FD-258. The ATF is really only really cares they are on the proper card, they claim its an FBI requirement.

Are the scanned fingerprints printed on an FD-258? I scan my prints at a Silencer Shop kiosk and then they print them on an FD-258. The ATF is really only really cares they are on the proper card, they claim its an FBI requirement.
I'm assuming no, the examples I see online specify that FD-258, this does not and this has wilmington pd in the ORI field, if that matters

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 13
I'm assuming no, the examples I see online specify that FD-258, this does not and this has wilmington pd in the ORI field, if that matters
You can always try to send those in, the turnaround time is only a couple weeks right now so if they disapprove you it will be fast. If you want a guarantee though, get the FD-258s.

You can always try to send those in, the turnaround time is only a couple weeks right now so if they disapprove you it will be fast. If you want a guarantee though, get the FD-258s.
I'll try it now. I just submitted and paid on the eform site, about to go mail the stuff out, do I need to include anything with the 9 pages of output to the CLEO or is it just the form they emailed me that he'll need?

I'll try it now. I just submitted and paid on the eform site, about to go mail the stuff out, do I need to include anything with the 9 pages of output to the CLEO or is it just the form they emailed me that he'll need?
Cover letter and prints to the ATF. I only send the first six pages to CLEO, the last three are instructions.

Cover letter and prints to the ATF. I only send the first six pages to CLEO, the last three are instructions.
this is exactly how I did it, hopefully they accept the prints i sent but i'll have the proper cards and an ink pad next week so i'll just resubmit if/when they deny it. do I get the privilege of paying another 2 hundo if I have to re-submit?

I am sure you did, but just to make sure I will ask, did you attach images of your LTC to the e-filing?

🐯

nope, i'm an idiot and didn't see anywhere mentioning attaching your ltc, I have it scanned already is there any way to attach it or do I now need to wait for the denial hah

No you should be able to go back in and amend it by adding evidence. We forgot one time and went back in a couple hours later and attached .jpeg front and back and it was fine.

I know others here have forgotten as well, perhaps they can give you more detailed directions as honestly I cannot remember the process.

🐯

No you should be able to go back in and amend it by adding evidence. We forgot one time and went back in a couple hours later and attached .jpeg front and back and it was fine.

I know others here have forgotten as well, perhaps they can give you more detailed directions as honestly I cannot remember the process.

🐯
just logged in and it let me add the jpeg to the "electronic documents" section, fingers crossed, thank for the help!

Upcoming ATF eForms Technology Upgrade​

DECEMBER 17-21
This is an advance notice to current eForms users about the upcoming launch of a new version of ATF eForms.
The goal of this “modernized eForms” is to provide ATF with an infusion of technology to provide better services to our industry members and the public. This much needed modernization will reduce the effort and time required to review and process ATF applications by incorporating online validations and other enhancements.
No action is needed at this time. However, there are some required steps you'll need to complete after the upgrade is finished (details below).

Outage period​

In order to facilitate this upgrade, eForms will be offline during the following time frame:
Upgrade Start: Friday, December 17 at 9 p.m.
Tentative Finish: Tuesday, December 21 at 6 a.m.
You can continue to use the existing eForms until the upgrade starts at 9 p.m. next Friday. During the upgrade time frame, however, eForms will be unavailable.

What you need to know​

The web address of eForms is not changing. If you have bookmarked eForms in your browser, it will automatically access the new eForms.
Your eForms User ID is not changing. All your previous submissions will transfer to the new system.

Required steps after upgrade​

We're updating the eForms login process to provide enhanced security and establish a trusted relationship between the user and ATF. Here's what you'll need to do after Dec. 21:
  1. After the upgrade, you'll need to manually reset your password before you can log in for the first time.
  2. Once you log in with your new password, the system will ask you to update your user profile information and create a security PIN.
Please review our step-by-step guide with screenshots, but do not complete these steps until the upgrade is complete on Dec. 21:
📄 Existing Users - First Time Login Steps (docx, 1.75 MB)
📄 New Users - First Time Login Steps (docx, 1.33 MB)

What to expect​

Once the upgrade is finished, you may notice a few changes in the eForms interface. Here's what to expect:
  • ATF eForm 4 is coming back. After the upgrade, you will be able to submit the ATF Form 4 electronically through eForms.
  • Electronic submission of ATF Forms 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6A, 9, 10 and 5300.11 with the required electronic documents.
  • Electronic submission of fingerprint cards for ATF Form 4. You will be able to attach your “digital fingerprint cards” to your submission.
  • Support for larger file attachments. The updated eForms will accept electronic documents up to 30 MB in size.
  • Enhanced validations to ensure that the upfront validations of your data occur prior to submission.
  • User PIN for validating the submission of all forms as part of the submission process.
  • Self-service support for forgotten passwords and PINs.
  • Rules of behavior that must be accepted to proceed with the use of eForms.
  • “Ask the Expert” to send your questions to our subject matter experts.
  • Use of smarter technology to improve customer service and build a foundation for future enhancements such as an Application Programming Interface (API) and Captcha.

Contact us​

In our efforts to provide you continuous support through this transition, we have created five temporary email mailboxes to help us assist you:
It is our goal to have ATF personnel monitor these mailboxes to assist you with a response within 3 business days.

Outage period​

In order to facilitate this upgrade, eForms will be offline during the following time frame:
Upgrade Start: Friday, December 17 at 9 p.m.
Tentative Finish: Tuesday, December 21 at 6 a.m.
You can continue to use the existing eForms until the upgrade starts at 9 p.m. next Friday. During the upgrade time frame, however, eForms will be unavailable
I'm on the gov team at my work, and I'd add a month to that finish time bare minimum. anytime our military customers do updates to their network/systems it's a nightmare, I can't imagine the ATF are any more competent

Just submitted a form 1 for an SBR to be built off of an 80% Weird thing is, even though I completed the process and submitted, and paid, on eforms it still says "draft" as opposed to "in process/review" as was the case with my form 1 suppressors. I havent messed with it, but I can log in and edit the form 1 it looks like, even though I completed the process and paid with confirmation of payment email from the atf?

If anything I think it might be delayed while they research the unknown manufacture, which is me, because its an 80. I did submit a picture of the 80 under the electronic documents, or whatever it is, the field after line items.

meh, its only been a day, I'll give it week before I call.

Just submitted a form 1 for an SBR to be built off of an 80% Weird thing is, even though I completed the process and submitted, and paid, on eforms it still says "draft" as opposed to "in process/review" as was the case with my form 1 suppressors. I havent messed with it, but I can log in and edit the form 1 it looks like, even though I completed the process and paid with confirmation of payment email from the atf?

If anything I think it might be delayed while they research the unknown manufacture, which is me, because its an 80. I did submit a picture of the 80 under the electronic documents, or whatever it is, the field after line items.

This will always happen if you enter a unique description. If you choose from the drop down it will go pending. The sort of good news is pending research has been v clearing in about 14 days. For a while there it was 90 to 120 days.

Did you list FMI under manufacturers code? That could be holding things up.

Identification of the maker or manufacturer of a firearm on Form 1:

If the applicant is creating the firearm (for example, a silencer or finishing an ‘incomplete receiver’ (that is not yet a firearm)), the applicant will be the maker under the NFA and GCA. Thus, when completing the Line Item (Add Firearm) field, click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter the code ‘FMI’. This code stands for ‘Form 1 Registration’ and the entry can continue. If the model or model and caliber field is not found, click on the box next to ‘My item description is not in the list, create new item’ and add the model or caliber. You will be allowed to submit the application into our Pending Research function in which we validate the information submitted. This should be accomplished in two business days.

No,
Did you list FMI under manufacturers code? That could be holding things up.

Identification of the maker or manufacturer of a firearm on Form 1:

If the applicant is creating the firearm (for example, a silencer or finishing an ‘incomplete receiver’ (that is not yet a firearm)), the applicant will be the maker under the NFA and GCA. Thus, when completing the Line Item (Add Firearm) field, click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter the code ‘FMI’. This code stands for ‘Form 1 Registration’ and the entry can continue. If the model or model and caliber field is not found, click on the box next to ‘My item description is not in the list, create new item’ and add the model or caliber. You will be allowed to submit the application into our Pending Research function in which we validate the information submitted. This should be accomplished in two business days.

I did not. Thats a new one to me, but I've only done Form 1 suppressors.

I followed the guide on 80%lowers.com to a "T" and everything looked as it should per that source, however I admit your example seems more proper.

The new and improved eForm site is live. It’s much faster moving, I did an eForm 1 in less than 5 minutes this morning.

You will need to reset your password first, just click forgot password on the main screen. When you log in you have to attest to four things and update your profile. After that you will go to the forms screen and your old docs will start porting over.

Go update your stuff!

The new and improved eForm site is live. It’s much faster moving, I did an eForm 1 in less than 5 minutes this morning.

You will need to reset your password first, just click forgot password on the main screen. When you log in you have to attest to four things and update your profile. After that you will go to the forms screen and your old docs will start porting over.

Go update your stuff!
ah, it emails you the temp pw but didn't tell me, now I have 22 emails haha whoops

What the F!

I go to change my password, and I keep getting "user name or password is incorrect"

I know its right.....

I got the temp password sent to me, which I entered, then it proceeded to tell me to change my password, which it then will not let me do because it says username or password is incorrect, well, how the hell did they send me a temp password if my user name is incorrect then?

Back
Top Bottom