ATF Email after submission of eform 1?

So I finally did my eform 1 for a suppressor. A couple hickups here and there that I had to refer to a guide for to navigate different sections of the eform. All in all everything went through and processed, I submitted payment and it stated "eform successfully submitted".

I would think thats a good thing so far, no errors and it seemed to go through. I shortly get a response email from the ATF with an attachment, it was a draft form of my eform 1 with my photo that I uploaded.

My question is, how soon do I get the email with the two attachments, one being the cover sheet for my fingerprint cards and the other being my CLEO copy to mail out?

Just don't want to have some hangup where I'm in eform limbo land waiting on something or an error. Seems from what Ive been reading that it was almost instant.

you're likely "pending research" Usually seen with form 1 suppressors.

Doing some digging it seems that is exactly the case. I was worried about my 10 days to send in my fingerprints along with the cover sheet, but the 10 day ticker doesn't start until I receive that email so no worries.

So I finally did my eform 1 for a suppressor. A couple hickups here and there that I had to refer to a guide for to navigate different sections of the eform. All in all everything went through and processed, I submitted payment and it stated "eform successfully submitted".

I would think thats a good thing so far, no errors and it seemed to go through. I shortly get a response email from the ATF with an attachment, it was a draft form of my eform 1 with my photo that I uploaded.

My question is, how soon do I get the email with the two attachments, one being the cover sheet for my fingerprint cards and the other being my CLEO copy to mail out?

Just don't want to have some hangup where I'm in eform limbo land waiting on something or an error. Seems from what Ive been reading that it was almost instant.

Are you in MA? I thought suppressors in MA were a no go no matter what unless you have a FFL..

Doing some digging it seems that is exactly the case. I was worried about my 10 days to send in my fingerprints along with the cover sheet, but the 10 day ticker doesn't start until I receive that email so no worries.
I just submitted my first ever form 1 today and had the exact question/concern. I'm going to assume with the corona crap, they're taking longer than normal to send the attachments via email?

Last edited:
I just submitted my first ever form 1 today and had the exact question/concern. I'm going to assume with the corona crap, they're taking longer than normal to send the attachments via email?

the only way i found out was i went back in and looked. they do stuff on weekends also surprisingly so check 2-3 times a day for most efficiency.

I actually got the email but could only see the attachments on a computer not a iPhone.

So my next dilemma is the 10 day window. I don't have the cards or ink yet from Amazon....Do they need to be MAILED or RECEIVED by ATF within 10 days?
Amazon is quoting a delivery of May 3-8. I could luck out and get them on Sunday but seems a little risky.
Didn't think this one through [laugh]

I actually got the email but could only see the attachments on a computer not a iPhone.

So my next dilemma is the 10 day window. I don't have the cards or ink yet from Amazon....Do they need to be MAILED or RECEIVED by ATF within 10 days?
Amazon is quoting a delivery of May 3-8. I could luck out and get them on Sunday but seems a little risky.
Didn't think this one through [laugh]

might want to put out a feeler if anyone has spare cards locally. i had mine on hand before, even though i missed the notification for a few days. not sure you'd get into a PD to get em done with the TEOTWAWKI-virus going around

might want to put out a feeler if anyone has spare cards locally. i had mine on hand before, even though i missed the notification for a few days. not sure you'd get into a PD to get em done with the TEOTWAWKI-virus going around
I found a buddy who has the cards. But I made a mistake on the form so I need to have them cancel it and refund me. I emailed ATF yesterday and they responded to me at 7am this morning. Couldn’t believe it.
They said I need to send in a signed letter requesting them to cancel the application.

I found a buddy who has the cards. But I made a mistake on the form so I need to have them cancel it and refund me. I emailed ATF yesterday and they responded to me at 7am this morning. Couldn’t believe it.
They said I need to send in a signed letter requesting them to cancel the application.

The ATF is so inconsistent. I feel like a guy in this eForm 1 thread made an OAL error and they canceled/denied him on request through as the experts.

Yeah, but do 07s need to file a Form 1? I thought 07s work on a "do it and then tell .gov after it's done" basis. Form 2 for that, right?

Yes, you're right, in the OPs circumstance I just assumed he lived somewhere normal, I was just making a general comment about 07s in MA. The reality is even though "cans are illegal here" that only applies for poors, and 2/3rds of the people who want cans in MA still get them because they're 07's.

-Mike

The ATF is so inconsistent. I feel like a guy in this eForm 1 thread made an OAL error and they canceled/denied him on request through as the experts.

Dang it. My screw up is going to cause more delays - no surprise there lol.

ATF just told me the form will will need to be voided before I can reapply and that the void notification may take awhile. Says if I call 304-616-4500 in about a week I can just ask for the status of the void. As soon as they tell me it’s done then resubmit.

Back
Top Bottom