ATF Gun Vault

This is easily one of the most extensive and mind blowing firearms collections in the world.

I was sorting through some files that I had been saving over the years and rediscovered these.

The original hosting site is long gone and I'm glad that I took the opportunity to save these before it disappeared.

If I recall the background story correctly, this is just one small part of the firearms collection and samples the ATF

maintains at their their Virginia facility.

Just a sample...

Thompsons...

STG 44's...

MP 38's/MP 40's

More Thompsons...

Some of the big toys...

AK's...

Other pics here... 140 in all...

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/HenryKrinkle3/library/ATF?sort=9&page=1

Yup. None of those guns will ever be in private hands, which is a damn shame.

I don't want to be on this earth anymore. Stop let me off. [hmmm]

ypamydym.jpg

wtf is that? Revolver grip MG?

Last edited:
Why do they have them? Serious question. For research purposes in case one similar to something they have is used in a crime? As a reference in case an illegal one pops up?

At least make it a museum :(

Sell then to the public! Pay off some of the debt! They belong to the people.

And I'll take a Thompson!

Last edited:
Talk about sitting on some serious coin. Its not like the country could use the money... Right? The amount of assets the government is sitting on that serves no purpose is disgusting. I couls see keeping a model of each for "research" perposes but thats just rediculous. Then you throw in the costs assosiated with housing and mantaining the stuff and I can only imagin.

This reminds me of the thread about the Army's "secret" stash of guns and art. All this stuff should go back to the people.

Another place that has an amazing collection (and isn't hiding it) is the Springfield Armory Museum. They don't have near enough space to display even a small part of what they have, but they do have a searchable database.

http://ww3.rediscov.com/spring/spring.htm

Click on "Advanced Collection Search" and then use the Browse function if you want to start drooling uncontrollably.

Were these confiscation items?

Most likely. ATF didn't get the name Always Think Forfeiture for nothing. Once someone was caught with an unregistered MG, it was gone. There was no chance at registering it. So there are a lot out there.

ETA: At least the ATF is preserving them. One of these days some lunatic will propose destroying these things.

Most likely. ATF didn't get the name Always Think Forfeiture for nothing. Once someone was caught with an unregistered MG, it was gone. There was no chance at registering it. So there are a lot out there.

ETA: At least the ATF is preserving them. One of these days some lunatic will propose destroying these things.

Group buy ?

Storm and reclaim is more like it.

Another place that has an amazing collection (and isn't hiding it) is the Springfield Armory Museum. They don't have near enough space to display even a small part of what they have, but they do have a searchable database.

http://ww3.rediscov.com/spring/spring.htm

Click on "Advanced Collection Search" and then use the Browse function if you want to start drooling uncontrollably.

The NRA museum at the Fairfax, VA HQ building is a must see too.

Back
Top Bottom