• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF Special Agent Phone Call

eColi

NES Member
Just received a call from a Special Agent with the NH ATF.

I recently purchased a new Kimber Micro 9 and Aero 308 Builders Set. On pickup, I was delayed... of course, even with my UPIN.

Waited for the Brady Law timeframe and FFL handed me my firearms. This was like 2 weeks ago...

Flash forward to today the Special Agent calls and he says I was delayed then denied so I have to get rid of my firearms because I'm a prohibited person. [rofl]

I explained the Brady Law, past unrestricted licensing with the State of MA and current with NH, ATF Tax Stamp approval, my VAF UPIN and I probably know more people in the federal government than he does. He goes "those are interesting points".

Also, once I explained he must not be reading an accurate docket and where he was probably mistaken he quickly changed his tone. Now he was talking about how he has called other individuals in past about this same mistake and he was saying maybe I could give him tips on how he could help them resolve.

At the end he says don't do anything and do not get rid of your firearms. I will make a few calls and call you back.

Good thing he ended with that, I was just about done packing all my firearms and ammo into my car to drop off at local police station.

Now he was talking about how he has called other individuals in past about this same mistake and he was saying maybe I could give him tips on how he could help them resolve.

At the end he says don't do anything and do not get rid of your firearms. I will make a few calls and call you back.

Good thing he ended with that, I was just about done packing all my firearms and ammo into my car to drop off at local police station.
He's an ATF Special Agent and has the ability to completely ruin the rest of someone's life and he's asking you for advice on how to do his job!?!?!?!?

If he calls back, have a recorder ready and ask that you can record the phone call. Right now you have no evidence that he told you it's OK to ignore the letter.

He's an ATF Special Agent and has the ability to completely ruin the rest of someone's life and he's asking you for advice on how to do his job!?!?!?!?

If he calls back, have a recorder ready and ask that you can record the phone call. Right now you have no evidence that he told you it's OK to ignore the letter.

Based on the information I gave him it clarified the situation for him I guess. Idk. Clearly, I need to help him do his job if he didn't do proper research.

I do have a record button on my phone.

Perhaps you are being trolled by someone who knows you well enough to know about your delay. As written, this conversation doesn't pass the smell test.

Nope. NH ATF number on caller id. Actually originally left a message and I called back the NH ATF #.

Believe me I have better things to do than come on here and lie and if you read my earlier threads you'd know I've been through just about everything when it comes to "this stuff".

Nope. NH ATF number on caller id. Actually originally left a message and I called back the NH ATF #.

Believe me I have better things to do than come on here and lie and if you read my earlier threads you'd know I've been through just about everything when it comes to "this stuff".

I believe you but it also strikes me as very very bizarre. Also, every time ATF calls me it's either WV tracing center or RESTRICTED. Maybe he's the new guy lol...

I believe you but it also strikes me as very very bizarre. Also, every time ATF calls me it's either WV tracing center or RESTRICTED. Maybe he's the new guy lol...

Probably new guy. He was very stern at beginning of call but that quickly changed.

I don't know how he couldn't see my tax stamp and realize something wasn't right.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a name? Jack.

Private messaged.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it could just be routine ATF incompetence.

It sure seems so. If I was really a PP you'd think the shithole of MA would've known.

I thought that most gov't agencies always make communications in writing by mail, or via a 4AM no-knock shock and awe raid.

That's the way to do it -- they leave a message, you look up the # for the local office and call them back. If you're paranoid, call them back from a landline phone somewhere.

I thought that most gov't agencies always make communications in writing by mail, or via a 4AM no-knock shock and awe raid.

I'd prefer mail.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the way to do it -- they leave a message, you look up the # for the local office and call them back. If you're paranoid, call them back from a landline phone somewhere.

[cheers]

Gotcha, if you are calling back that rules out someone calling to mess with you.

The skeptic in me would google: “calling someone from a fake number” and ask the person on the other line specific info about your UPIN,VAF, and even small things like the dates of your record, for example.

All it takes is a masking of a phone number and a person to get you to almost turning your guns in to dupe you. Always confirm information by multiple avenues when possible.

The skeptic in me would google: “calling someone from a fake number” and ask the person on the other line specific info about your UPIN,VAF, and even small things like the dates of your record, for example.

All it takes is a masking of a phone number and a person to get you to almost turning your guns in to dupe you. Always confirm information by multiple avenues when possible.

That is why I looked up NH ATF # and called him back. To also verify after the conversation I sent a random email to his government email address and he replied.

Update: He has not called me back and I read some article online about him and he has kicked in the door of "Prohibited Persons" before, rightfully so this individual was actually a PP. I am not so I took it upon myself to email him directly at his government email address and he replied he is still waiting on his NICS Liaison to call him back.

Good thing I know a supervisor at NICS and CC'd her on the email.

No way am I letting this go uncleared overnight. From my understanding, a "Prohibited Person" with firearms in his possession is looking forward to a busted in front door.

...if you read my earlier threads you'd know I've been through just about everything when it comes to "this stuff".

Good thing I know a supervisor at NICS and CC'd her on the email.
You seem way more experienced with "this stuff" than the average NESer. More so than I would like to be[hmmm]. I'd rather not have any direct involvement with the ATF. Someday you'll have to tell us how you gained all this experience. Hobby or work?

You seem way more experienced with "this stuff" than the average NESer. More so than I would like to be[hmmm]. I'd rather not have any direct involvement with the ATF. Someday you'll have to tell us how you gained all this experience. Hobby or work?

It all started years ago when I contacted a lawyer and he wanted $6k+ to fill out some paperwork. With email nowadays and persistent phone calls you'd be surprised how much you can get done yourself. In the end, everyone has a boss who gets sick of hearing from a disgruntled lawful citizen.

I guess you can say it's a hobby because I sure as hell don't have a degree of any sorts and am in the field of IT.

What town do you reside in? I want to lock in my scanner feed.

Please enable live streaming and post the link...

[popcorn]

If there was footage you'd see it all over the news, while my lawsuit was underway.

Just to make him feel more wrong I emailed my 5320.1 form that his dept approved to build my SBR.

Back
Top Bottom