Atholl Highlanders Visit

I am willing to loan my:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The pipers had been practicing "shipping up to Boston" on their own all week. after we left the Senate chamber we were allowed out to the balcony. The guys decided that it was the opportune time for practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to start the demobilization portion of the event. I will be finishing cleaning the rifles today, and will start the emails to start returning on Monday.

This is pretty awesome when you think about it.... collaborative NES effort = winning. [cheers]

-Mike

Interesting tidbit. The estate features 1 of the only 1000yd rifle ranges in the UK. (the other is in England.) The entire estate is approx 165000 acres.

Blair-Atholl-Map-2008.jpg

So if you are just tuning in. I have been transporting bayonet equipped non lg capacity rifles all over this week. We (NES and the Highlanders) have been some pretty cool places this week, Today the rifles were presented in front of our Gu'vner, later tonight I stood on the field at Fenway.
The Highlanders marched out while the band played Nobody ever challenged me all week, nor did anyone ask if the possibility existed of a stripper clip in the area, or if anyone (duly licensed of course) were possibly carrying any other firearms.

I told ya that to tell you this.
I wore my kilt today complete with a sgian dubh. No Dirk mind you, just the sock knife. Now, the lads performed, I had just taken 27 rifles out of Fenway, secured them in my vehicle, and parked in the secure Players parking area. as I walked into Fenway I hear "excuse me" "is that a knife?" "Why Yes IT Is!" the took it and checked it at guest services ( I did get it back).
Thats it, the biggest problem of the whole week, all in all, I'd call it a win.

View attachment 32684
This is just all kinds of awesomeness... Rep inbound!

Did the Highlanders have real knives in their socks, or just decorative handles (real knives being banned from carry as part of traditional dress in Scotland).

Did the Highlanders have real knives in their socks, or just decorative handles (real knives being banned from carry as part of traditional dress in Scotland).

Scottish knife laws are not quite that bad: there's a specific exemption for carrying a knife "as part of any national costume." Sounds like a good excuse to wear a kilt!

Real knives, although some of the sock knives where of the CIA letter opener variety.
Interesting side note: At the brewery, His Grace was getting dressed and needed to cut a sprig of juniper for his hat. He asked his son David (Lord Murray of Atholl) for his dirk. The dirk wasn't sharp enough to cut with. so I gave him my Leatherman. We all busted Daves balls and talked about our opinions on the best multi-tool. Bruce (The Duke) likes the one made from Victronox.

I did email GOAL, with the intent of inviting them along with us to the Statehouse. I got a reply from Mike, answered some questions he had, and then nothing.
I also spoke with VB from Fox 25, told him specifically about NES and the rifles, but I don't think it will go anywhere.

Real knives, although some of the sock knives where of the CIA letter opener variety.
Interesting side note: At the brewery, His Grace was getting dressed and needed to cut a sprig of juniper for his hat. He asked his son David (Lord Murray of Atholl) for his dirk. The dirk wasn't sharp enough to cut with. so I gave him my Leatherman. We all busted Daves balls and talked about our opinions on the best multi-tool. Bruce (The Duke) likes the one made from Victronox.

They did? I looked but didn't notice any, but then again I did look after the state house, so maybe they didnt put them back on.

Back
Top Bottom