• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Atlanta Subway Worker Shot Dead For Putting Too Much Mayo On Sandwich

The manager on duty was able to return fire but didn’t strike the gunman, Glenn added.
Practice, practice, practice...
He must have been carrying on the job. I wonder if that's a quick trip to the unemployment lines.

Practice, practice, practice...
He must have been carrying on the job. I wonder if that's a quick trip to the unemployment lines.
He works at subway dude. It’s not like he is losing his certification to practice law or his medical license.

Justified. I f***ing HATE mayo. I work around it by ordering things that don't automatically come with it, because no matter how often you say "Please hold the mayo" you get a heaping gob of God-forsaken cum shot goo on your burger. Sucks worse when it's the drive-through and you're already out on the interstate by the time you figure out your burger (chicken sandwich, etc.) has mayo in it and it's too late to turn around. WORST is if you had to bite into it to make that determination.

Jury nullification, man. she'll live

Mayo isn't bad per se, but it does seem to cause a localized cloud of stench whenever I have it on something to eat. Maybe not quite worthy of blowing someone's lung out of the body, but...

Can you make a tuna or egg or chicken salad without mayo? Jack.
Why would someone make any of that? I just can't do Tuna. I love Eggs, Scrambled Eggs. I also love Chicken, grilled or roasted.
My wife says I have the blandest palette she's ever seen. I always protest, I like both Spices, Salt and Butter.

whats the difference in Mayo and miracle whip? I'm no Cheff boy are dee, but I use them interchangeably and really cant tell the difference. Guess I'm not picky.
From RealSimple.com

Why Miracle Whip isn’t mayo: The U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires that anything labeled "mayonnaise" contain a minimum of 65 percent vegetable oil by weight. And though Kraft keeps Miracle Whip’s exact oil content a secret, the company confirms that it is too low to meet the mayo standard.
What makes it different: While it contains mayo’s key ingredients (egg, soybean oil, vinegar, water), Miracle Whip sets itself apart with a sweet, spicy flavor that some folks prefer. First introduced during the Depression, when its cheaper price made it alluring to people who couldn’t afford more highfalutin mayo, it’s now caught up, costing about the same amount per ounce as the real thing. At any price, Miracle Whip still has legions of devotees: According to Kraft, it’s currently among the grocery industry’s 20 top-selling brands.

Kewpie mayo FTW!

And for you mayo haters--what about Caesar salad dressing? Authentic elote? Potato salad? Lobster rolls?

There are so many great recipes where mayo is a true compliment ingredient, not just plopped on top.

First off, I don't love or hate mayo. The context and application is important. Would I put it on a fried chicken sandwich? Yes. Burger or Steak and Cheese? Yes. It is a key ingredient in chicken salad. Would I put it on a turkey sandwich, or ham sandwich? f*** NO. Mustard, baby! Second, Hellmanns makes some damn fine mayo options, like Mayo with OIive Oil, Spicy Chipotle Mayo, Avocado Oil and Mayo, and specialty sauces. Hellmanns has been in business since 1913 and for damn good reason.

Worked at a Subway way back when they still used the U-gouge instead of this hinge bull crap on the foot longs. After making tuna fish there where the vat of may was a gallon size to make that amount I don’t eat it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom