• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Attention hams: Shooters / NES QSO tonight at 9:30 local time

Are you interested in shooter/NES QSOs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
We're going to try and get a little QSO going on 75 meters tonight. We're going to try for 3.893.00 at 9:30 pm local time. That's 02:30 zulu time. Hopefully you can make it. If that frequency is not open we will find something open and post it here. Please post here if you're interested or not or if you have any thoughts.

ETA I added a poll. You can answer yes or no and select the appropriate line for the gear you have.

Last edited:
We had a decent qso on 75 meters. Then we went to the Waltham repeater and played on 2 meters for a while. We need to do this more often and get a group going.

Thursdays are tough as I'm taking a CERT class for the next few Thursdays. I think that we're done around the end of December just before Christmas. But I'll try to make it if I get home in time...as tonight I didn't even get home until 10. Also, I'm not sure if the wire that I have will get me out on 75. But I'll try. I could try when the XYL goes to bed.

Thursdays are tough as I'm taking a CERT class for the next few Thursdays. I think that we're done around the end of December just before Christmas. But I'll try to make it if I get home in time...as tonight I didn't even get home until 10. Also, I'm not sure if the wire that I have will get me out on 75. But I'll try. I could try when the XYL goes to bed.

Nights, times and frequencies are still up for grabs.

3.893 is centered within the agreed "AM window" of 75m. You might want to find another freq to operate on just to get away from the wideband interference.

There are lots of open freqs depending on the time. Keep in mind, the band goes long just after dark which comes early these days, although local comms are still possible, you'll hear the midwest creeping in early evening.

We had a decent qso on 75 meters. Then we went to the Waltham repeater and played on 2 meters for a while. We need to do this more often and get a group going.
Yup, good QSO last night. We did HF, tried 2M simplex (fail) and chatted on a repeater. Next time we should try Echolink and we'll have all the bases covered.

Need to get more NESers on. It'll be fun. Plus, if we settle into a pattern of times and frequencies, when the SHTF and communication lines are down, we'll know where to go to share information.

Yup, good QSO last night. We did HF, tried 2M simplex (fail) and chatted on a repeater. Next time we should try Echolink and we'll have all the bases covered.

Need to get more NESers on. It'll be fun. Plus, if we settle into a pattern of times and frequencies, when the SHTF and communication lines are down, we'll know where to go to share information.

I was able to echolink the other night through the gloucester repeater on my iphone, that was kind of cool. Waiting for my mobile rig to come in then i can join you all.

I'd definitely be interested in something like this, but at the moment I only have a VHF/UHF HT, so likely not able to reach any repeaters most of you use. It's been so long since I used the damn thing that I need to brush up on how to program it. [thinking]

I sold all my HF gear and VHF/UHF mobile gear years ago to buy a new guitar amp when I was spending most nights playing out in Kansas City. Never have gotten around to replacing it. I had a pretty nice setup... I miss it.

Any thoughts of doing another one of these sometime? I'm only on HF but I'd be interested in joining.

I'm ready. I'm on the radio most nights. I haven't been on NES a lot lately so PM if you're going to do something. That way I'll see the email notice.

I have it loaded on my phone. I also have it loaded on a PC at the house, but I don't have a mic connected...so I can't talk on the thing.

I can't really do HF as I suck and still haven't hung my HF antenna that actually works. The wire I have up now sucks.

Back
Top Bottom