Auburn Sportsmans Club

Hamilton Rod and Gun in Sturbridge

letting my membership expire due to their 'nanny state' rules going into effect lately. i'm pretty fed up with all their garbage rules. i understand that idiots are creating cause for new regulations, but the 'punish the many for the few' routine is getting REALLY old. that, and all the range closings for police qualifications and all that too. i'm a Marine, and I need to train too...I PAY for membership, they do not.

I accidentally let my WPRC membership lapse and was thinking of rejoining ASC since its practically in my back yard...but there is a wait list until October?? When is the next meeting where I could get my name on the list? Might be quicker to get back into WPRC for me.

Just go in and ask at the bar.

Some updates from the last meeting:
  • no .50 caliber
  • silhouette targets are OK
  • FMJ ammo OK
  • incendiary or explosive is NOT OK
  • Tuesday night trap begins again on May 9 at 6:00 PM

In case you didn't see the email: Pistol & rifle ranges are closed until further notice. Until completion of new rifle building. (So shoot more trap until then)

In case you didn't see the email: Pistol & rifle ranges are closed until further notice. Until completion of new rifle building. (So shoot more trap until then)
Updated today:
The Pistol Range will be open regular hours effective June 2nd. The Rifle Range will be open regular hours on weekends and at 5:00 PM on weekdays during construction.

My wife and 5 friends are at WITO there today. I'm sure you'll take very good care of them.. They're all so excited. Hope the weather holds off for ya.

Meeting tonight at 7:00.

Pretty sure it is nominations, renewals, discussion about electricity to the ranges, getting ready for Fall season.

Reminder that there is a meeting tonight at 7:00.

Come and participate. The more hands, the better. Plus, I'd hope people coming into meetings and potentially more involved in club activities from NES would help things more more in a positive direction. Thanks.

Quick update:
  • Ranges will be closed tomorrow 12-19-17 due to construction work.
  • There will be no trap on Christmas Eve, 12-24-17.
  • Going forward, trash barrels will be removed from rifle and pistol ranges. "Bring it in, take it out" in effect.

Meeting tonight at 7:00.

Will be discussing a "WOT-style" training at the end of April, among other things, if interested.

@Coyote33 I know you are not on any committees, but actively go to meetings. Unfortunately I work nights and can never make meetings. Has it been discussed about getting more steel targets on the pistol range? We have the 1 and its nice. But homemade and not very reliable. Maybe a handgun dueling tree? Also, at the rifle range making new target stands to be recalibrated with the new house at normal nominal yardage. Sighting in a scope at 112 yards (or whatever it is) is kind of silly. And again, if they need a work party to get these things done, go to social media/newsletter/NES to get the word out. I go to the clubhouse once a year to renew my membership.

Noted, and will be passed along. Thanks. Yes, dueling tree is being considered, as well as target stands. Not sure on the distance, and I think it is 120 actually.

Noted, and will be passed along. Thanks. Yes, dueling tree is being considered, as well as target stands. Not sure on the distance, and I think it is 120 actually.
Appreciate it. I just bought a range finder, being delivered Thursday, So we will have exact number then. LOL

ALL: If you have an idea, or want to see changes happen, then the first thing you need to do is to show up at meetings. You need to speak to the club officers and committee chairs. Better still, get on a committee. Better than that, RUN for a committee. You can also run as "at large" member. The best place to start is to show up and voice your opinions. If enough people want something bad enough, it can happen. Things like plate racks, dueling trees, etc. all happen because someone is driving a project, or if there is already an interest, people SUPPORT that. Things I would like to see happen is a more modern pin shoot competition, and maybe try to get the Appleseed people into the club. I'd love to see youth teams, etc., but I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough to drive that one. There have been a lot of improvements, including new rifle house, so things are happening, but the more people get involved the better. Thank you.

Looks like someone moved the far left stand on the rifle range. That one is set for 100 yards. The 2 at the pond are at 80, the far right is 106 yards and the the steel is at 130.

39628749_2315312811868794_3463543665664720896_n.jpg

More info:
Auburn Sportsman's Club

Tuesday night trap has ended as of last week. No more Tuesday night trap until further notice.

Also, there will be no trap tomorrow, Sunday September 9, 2018.

Anyone heading to the range this afternoon?

Last edited:
Meeting tonight at 7:00. Nominations are tonight. If you were thinking of serving on committee, tonight is your night. We are trying to get some new blood to move the club forward. Check your newsletter or the website ("About") for details on committees and requirements. Even if you don't want to run, please come tonight; help is needed!

Back
Top Bottom