Auxiliary police officer.

where I grew up, there was an AUX, a Reserve, and FTO

You tried to move up the chain... once you were a reserve it was expected that you would go FT, if you refused 3 times you were gone.

Well after the "goon squad" took over the FT ranks, they got it in their contract that the AUX and Reserve officers would be disbanded.

No more AUX officers directing traffic in the square ( and screwing it up) after that.

Some people were correct in saying AUX officers are not granted Chapter 90 powers in some departments.

Some departments have decided having anything less than FT sworn officers is too much of a liability, everyone is too wiling to sue, a civil rights violation or a bad shooting can do a number on a town budget.

Plus having too many people running around with badges trying to "tin" their way out of a ticket can be problematic...

( remind me to tell you about our Supervisors, who were sworn as MSP Specials and were " Street & Railway" police.... one got busted in a company vehicle picking up a hooker...... BPD calls our real in house PD, and they disavowed any knowledge of him.... as the Supervisors and Instructors were not under the Supervision of our Police Dept. .... soon after that the "Inspectors" were told to turn in their tin and warrants of appointment so they could be returned to MSP )

There was one girl I once went out on patrol with she was quit,and I never saw her again.Then there was Laurie Kraynick she only did the range.You could say she had a way about her a little on the strong side,but you have to understand she was still in a mostly mans world at that time.As far as I can remember she was a good shot,and instructor.
Why "thank you"! Laurie!

There was one girl I once went out on patrol with she was quit,and I never saw her again.Then there was Laurie Kraynick she only did the range.You could say she had a way about her a little on the strong side,but you have to understand she was still in a mostly mans world at that time.As far as I can remember she was a good shot,and instructor.
Why "thank you"! Laurie

I would do it unpaid, unarmed if they gave me squad car and let me pull over distracted drivers

You can speed (if done safely) through my town, I'ill even forgive lack of turn signals, but if you're on your phone, weaving all over the road I'm going to ticket you........

when you're driving you should drive. [frown]

harry
[rofl]
I feel like you... Need. Another 4 hour session doing lines in my office.

Indeed she is. She was very helpful and nurturing to me when I fist started shooting IPSC back in the dark ages. [laugh]

Limited had just been introduced DOUBLING the number of Divisions!

Back
Top Bottom