• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Average Time/rounds

I looked around, but didn't see a thread regarding this already. Just curious what you guys average for time spent at the range per trip and rounds down range. Not for competition, but just a trip to the range for practice.

50-150 I spend about an hour. I use a lot of dummy rounds when I train live-fire, which helps efficiency and working on seeing more.

100-200 per hour as well. Duration really depends on what I'm trying to accomplish.

One thing is certain, you don't shoot as well at hour 9 or 10 as you did at hour 1.

I looked around, but didn't see a thread regarding this already. Just curious what you guys average for time spent at the range per trip and rounds down range. Not for competition, but just a trip to the range for practice.
Around one hour. 50 to 100 rounds for me if shooting 9mm or 22 pistol. Usually fewer if shooting 5.56. The round count always goes up if I'm not satisfied with the results LOL.

50 to 100 rounds in an hour. I am not training for endurance. More than that and I am less accurate and wasting time and ammo. If with friends, different story. Less rounds, more time, talking, and trying out each others guns.

I've been out of practice for a few years and couldn't remember what I used to do in my younger, healthier (but far poorer) days. 50-100 and an hour seems about right though. Thanks for the replies.

Is this a poll for a future Maura round restriction edict?

I kid, I kid o_O

CMR 1367 "An Act to Limit Rounds Sent Down Range Per Person Per Day" coming to the books soon ;)

I would say that 100 to 150 per hour is about right and I usually go a few times a month. Mostly shoot 9mm but I will sometimes bring the 22lr and .45. I’m there for about 3 to 4 hours if I’m outside. But I have to say whenever I’m at the indoor range it never fails that I will be interrupted by someone asking what are you shooting? And of course I try not to be a jerk and I show them what I have and before you know it you blew half hour talking!!! Oh well.

Starting out cold, 25 feet, 10 rounds.

After that, you only fight as good as you train. Don't train when you're not in the right mindset. And when training, only train until you notice that your accuracy, trigger discipline, and mindset dwindle.

It depends on what I'm working on, so round count doesn't really factor in. If I'm working on movement, then its not going to be a lot of rounds. If I'm working visual patience, then it could be a lot. It also depends on how I'm shooting, if I am doing well, it will be a short session. If I am shooting poorly, then it will be a longer session until I correct my problem.

If handgun 300-400 90 min. Mixed cal. Think I'm going to try to slow it down a bit now though. If rifle a lot less.

We go at least once a week-- usually go through 150 rounds of 9mm and another 100 of 22LR. All target practice, sometimes we do it competitively in our small group. We are usually in and out in about 45 mins.

I've been putting quite a few rounds through my handgun, but it's new and I only go once a month. I've put about 1,100 round through it in the three times I've been to the range with it. A lot of that was testing out which grain and brand ammo I'd end up carrying, then onto just shooting and getting comfortable with it. The last time (yesterday) was a lot of drawing, off hand shooting, single hand shooting, etc. I also just got a Type 3 malfunction training round, so I put that through the motions too.

Right now I don't belong to a club, so I'm at the mercy of a friend who belongs to one or paying each time I go to a public range. I have an application in at a club, so if that goes through, I'd like to get there preferably once a week, but at least every other week. Either way, I'll do what I need to do to keep shooting and getting more proficient with it.

Back
Top Bottom