Axes & Hatchets & Tomahawks

No Smokey. 2Hawks has it as an option. It looks like a slick way to begin and terminate a paracord wrap that would definitely keep the wrap from "creeping" along the smooth handle.
By the way, the photos I posted were not taken by me, but were taken from the 2hawks.net website. I found the photography so beautiful that I was compelled to post them.
I have ordered the CompHawk throwing tomahawk and will post a short review with a couple of pix. Member Cams turned me on to the 2Hawks brand. Thanks Cams.
~Matt

Stumbled across it while blindly researching and just wanted to share since I had been reading this thread. Really enjoying this whole blade forum, so thanks go to Enbloc for getting it set up!

Hopefully will have this same type target stand made by next week. Then find a tree company that will part with a couple cut logs to set up.

D1707611-C51E-4884-AAC5-631603CBE100.jpeg

"Knives" is a great sub-forum because we have high quality posters! Thanks to All who contribute or just enjoy browsing.
~Matt

i just pulled the trigger on an h&b forge polled hawk. i don't know enough about the steel to debate the merits of each type so i assumed the 3 i was looking at were all similar and went with the best sheath.

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Forged-...srs=13300872011&ie=UTF8&qid=1528110334&sr=8-4

strangely enough, it was less expensive to go thru amazon (using comm2a link) than thru hb themselves. hb wanted $26 just for shipping. hb, wolf creek and 2hawks were all within a few $ of each other once shipping was factored in. i went with lowest cost because this will end up with my webelo. i guess i'll just hope the product from amazon is an authentic hb product.

strangely enough, it was less expensive to go thru amazon (using comm2a link) than thru hb themselves.

I found this out too with other manufacturers and suppliers when I would order directly from them and the package came shipped right from an Amazon Fulfillment location.
Paid more to avoid Amazon and still got it from...Amazon. [angry]

The tomahawk looks nice though. Please post a quick review...
~Matt

Any interest in a 2 hawks group buy? 10% off 4 or more.

Too late for me sadly. I have a 2Hawks Competition Hawk due tomorrow or Monday...
Good luck to anyone who gets in on this deal. They are great tommies...

~Matt

Too late for me sadly. I have a 2Hawks Competition Hawk due tomorrow or Monday...
Good luck to anyone who gets in on this deal. They are great tommies...

~Matt

Did you receive some type of shipping notice? I haven’t heard anything from him since I ordered but it is right around that 8-9 week mark as well for mine.

Did you receive some type of shipping notice? I haven’t heard anything from him since I ordered but it is right around that 8-9 week mark as well for mine.

I got an email 2 days ago saying it was on its way. Yours must be on the way too. If not send him a status request on your hawk via email.
If yours is hung up, you can have mine. I'll wait until yours arrives. I believe you got the Comphawk with plain handle right?
Let me know,
~Matt

Yeah, my interest is solely in learning to throw for fun. I am well-defended with my sidearm. [smile]

I got an email 2 days ago saying it was on its way. Yours must be on the way too. If not send him a status request on your hawk via email.
If yours is hung up, you can have mine. I'll wait until yours arrives. I believe you got the Comphawk with plain handle right?
Let me know,
~Matt

Sweet, I’ll shoot him an email, no rush on my end. And thank you for the very generous offer but not necessary at all Matt, that one was made for you, we can’t mess up the mojo! lol

Throwing looks like fun.....but in the back of my head I keep going back to the practical side of things.....and the fact that the moment you huck one you have thrown away your weapon.....and quite possibly given it to someone seeking to do you harm.......so I keep looking at tools like the warbeast and warhawk......

It’s just a fun activity man, not trying to go all Viking on anybody.

Sweet, I’ll shoot him an email, no rush on my end. And thank you for the very generous offer but not necessary at all Matt, that one was made for you, we can’t mess up the mojo! lol

Good deal. I went to my Post Office Box to pick it up and there was a card there that read:

"Your Package is to Large for Your PO Box. Please Visit Us when we are open to receive it..." Or something to that effect.
Looks like I will have it on Monday. [sad]

Wish me luck...
iu

Just picked up my 2Hawks CompHawk Trowing Tomahawk. My first impression is that it is smaller than I thought it would be (weight and shaft diameter)
But it is very well made and balanced. Beautiful, actually.

Devin Price did a wonderful job on fit and finish. The tomahawk blade has an almost Colt Python Royal blue finish to it and the shaft handle is a deep-chocolate walnut with perfect grain orientation and quality. I can't wait to plunge this into some pine...
~Matt

Mine came in today too, it’s gorgeous, extremely well balanced, razor sharp and yes the head is smaller than what I imagined but you nailed it with the Colt Python coloring, couldn’t quite put my finger on it til I read your post and said “yep, nailed it.”

His leather work is also extremely well done. Quality thick brown leather but not bulky, it’s flat and has heavy stitching and is a perfect fit to the blade.

I’d guess the Warhawk will have a larger, heavier head on it. That might be my next purchase and get the handle wrapped too.

Very happy with the CompHawk and can’t wait to start throwing it.

Will post some photos later tonight if I’m not running thru the woods naked with war paint on.

I'm on the fence between Voyager and longhunter. I really want one but have been watching to see if there's ever a sale. There hasn't been one. He did say an order of 4+ could get 10% off.....

i just pulled the trigger on an h&b forge polled hawk.<snip>

H&B makes a nice hawk.
- Not as fancy ans Enbloc's example but, very nice none the less. Nice and hefty. I think mine is the large camp hawk - 3lb. head.
Handles are an area where I can't seem to find a nice one (I like them a bit longer - over 20"). They all seem to be a poor grain orientation, and crooked.
Out of about 10 handles I bought, there were 2 that were decent.

I'm on the fence between Voyager and longhunter. I really want one but have been watching to see if there's ever a sale. There hasn't been one. He did say an order of 4+ could get 10% off.....

He does offer a 10% off discount for veterans as well.

H&B makes a nice hawk.
- Not as fancy ans Enbloc's example but, very nice none the less. Nice and hefty. I think mine is the large camp hawk - 3lb. head.
Handles are an area where I can't seem to find a nice one (I like them a bit longer - over 20"). They all seem to be a poor grain orientation, and crooked.
Out of about 10 handles I bought, there were 2 that were decent.
The hb was ok. Didn't come super sharp but buried itself in pine just fine. It was for my webelo. I bought the small and it's much too small for my hands. Fits him perfect. I want something heftier (and shinier lol) for myself.

As long as you never lose it, either one will be the last one you'd ever need...

You guys that got comp hawks...going to share some pix?

iu

I will but, I don't have a cell phone, let alone a smahtphone with a camera. I have to dig out my 3 megapixel hot pink digital camera.
I'll snap some soon.
It looks just like the one pictured below though. Except mine has a slightly darker shaft with much better grain and the blueing of the head is a shade or 2 darker as well.

2hawks-tomahawk-competition-hi-2-2400x1100_0.jpg

Been a busy couple weeks, I slacked on the pics. Was hoping to have a target set up by now too and give a review, so far no dukes, still standing by.

Had a weak moment last week, picked up three new axes.
Liam Hoffman Wasatch, Liam Hoffman Bearded hatchet, Gränsfors Bruk, SFA.
Hoffman’s are very hard to come by, only tried the hatchet, love it. Hoffman’s come from factory surgically sharp, wow!
Tried the SFA, incredible, a keeper for sure. A friend gave me a heads up on the Hoffman’s and I said yes, he ordered them and they sold out in minutes.
Can’t go wrong with any of these. Feel like they were custom made for me.
09FB2618-15E2-4F04-9E86-7AC6ED2D76D2.jpegF0B16B9F-CA91-48F1-866C-896E4C315EBA.jpegD3735D11-EBC6-4814-8E9C-A222AB20A46A.jpeg

Nice!

The Gransfors SFA is a popular choice on NES. I swear by mine. It's an outstanding all-purpose tool.

Congratulations. I don't see that as a "weak moment" at all.